Intertek

Intertek Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Intertek CEO Wolfhart Hauser

Wolfhart Hauser

Pros
  • We have the power to move into any industry sector where we see growth opportunities and the people to make sure we are successful(in 5 reviews)

• Intertek provides good entry-level jobs that help employees build their customer service skills and teamwork tactics(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • I was denied a request to work fewer hours to improve my work/life balance(in 5 reviews)

• There is no communication from management, decisions are constantly made without consultation and schemes are often introduced with no notice given(in 3 reviews)

Overall, a good place to work

ProsIntertek has a diverse environment and allows for learning by doing within your own position. There are opportunities for growth if you happen to have the right management.

ConsManagement oftentimes cannot perceive you in any role other than the one you currently hold so transferring to another team/division is not offered or an option. There is a lack of clear communication from management, realising that some topics should not be divulged in their entirety, but employees left to their own imaginations as to the reasons for organizational changes will always assume the worst.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers should be tasked with writing reviews for their employees - stop using irrelevant employee self review forms as the basis for annual review.

Unfortunate

Pros4 weeks vacation starting, worked with some decent people

ConsNo formal training, "Sink or swim" mentality, no mentoring

Advice to Senior Managementtrain your new people

Their decision to outsource finance because it was just cheaper for them to do so they didn't care about their employees

Proswork-life balance was ok

Consno training was offered and no room to grow

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lack of management, communication and skilled employees

ProsPension scheme is good. If you like surprises work here as the management decisions will constantly surprise you.

ConsThere is no communication from management, decisions are constantly made without consultation and schemes are often introduced with no notice given. Salary is appalling most likely because they employ unqualified and inexperienced people which drives salaries down. Management is disorganised and appears to make decisions based on the toss of a coin. Working environment is very unpleasant, lack of facilities for staff. Lack of respect for staff. Appraisals are a joke with everyone given the same 'grade'.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou might like to consider communicating with your staff.

Terrible politics

ProsBenefits and office space
    Corporate

ConsPay
    Uneducated coworkers
    Cliques
    Don't care about employees
    Too focused on hitting quota
    High turn over rate

Advice to Senior ManagementMost managers are morons that are barely college educated

Good

Senior Test Engineer (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsProfessional company, with some team building events in the passed. Cuts now mean there will be no team building, which is bad not only for last years team (who are a little torn apart) but for new recruits.

ConsSome of the staff are not as professional as they need to be (as they are in other departments).

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open to change

Heartless team

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay, benefits and flex time.

ConsVery erratic management style and male-dominated.

Looks good on paper

ProsEasy going atmosphere,reasonable salary.On paper a good company to work for has good core values provided by the boses at the top of the tree

Consunsociable hours,lack of training for staff,few prospects for advancement,Its the type of company were there isnt the standard of treatment for staff,and there isnt the same continuty of work practices at various site that they own

Advice to Senior Managementstandise operation procedures across the company.create a standardised training procedure across the company.Not to rely on more experienced staff to train new starters it doesnt work

Great atmosphere

Science (Former Employee) Manchester, England (UK)

ProsThe team was great and everyone was really friendly and supportive. We were busy most of the time but I have never felt rushed or stressed, there was always a minute to have a quick chat with colleagues or have a laugh. The job was quite varied and if you were up for some challenges or trying out smth new, you could have a chance to do so. It was great that we could come and leave any time considering we do our 40 hours a week (but hours could also go over to future weeks).

ConsThe salary wasn't high enough comparing to similar roles in other companies. There were no bonuses to motivate employees, there were no benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the salaries, Introduce benefits and bonuses for better motivation

My check arrives on time.

ProsI've read many of these reviews and the positive ones tend to be spot on. Truly Indeed is a great place to work.

ConsAs a growing organization they're constantly working on ways to improve the opportunities for Its bottom line.

Worked for Intertek? Contribute to the Community!