Intertek Testing Services NA

Updated Jun 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Wolfhart Hauser

A great Company to work for.

Engineering Team Leader (Former Employee)

ProsMaking Clients and employees a priority

ConsNothing bad to say, never had an issue

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the present culture

Worked there for about half a year, it was ok.

Tester (Former Employee)
    Blue Bell, PA

Pros-relaxed dress code
    -people are diverse
    -stress free work, you can do as much or as little as you want

Cons-no advancement
    -they tend to keep the work horses and fire the people doing a ok amount
    -extremly high turn over rate, by the end of my 4 month period half my coworkers were gone.

Advice to Senior Management-none. high turnover and low pay is the name of the game in this industry. learn who your loyal workers are and who the mercenaries are.

Great beginning, good to go

Chicago, IL

ProsThis company gives me a great chance, it is the best beginning of my career life, I appreiciate it and never stopped learning. I like the nice people here and the company's culture

ConsI think so far so good

Advice to Senior ManagementI think so far so good

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Highest percent of unhappy people

Marketing (Former Employee)

ProsThe company has a strong customer focus. It is interesting in the range of services and the variety of markets they service.

ConsEmployees treated like dirt.
    Very high turnover rate.
    Management are, for the lack of a better word, mean.
    Absolutely NO life work balance. They use the excuse of being global to expect you to answer calls and emails any time on the day or night.
    People work long days and then are expected to do more work at home.

Advice to Senior ManagementHow can you be effective with such a high turnover rate? Start to treat people well and there wont be a line of people running to leave to UL

Ok starting Job due to pay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Arlington Heights, IL

ProsLaid back environment, with no one to measure metrics. This allows anyone who works there to act busy and get paid. 4 Weeks paid time off was pretty nice as well.

ConsTerrible leadership, High school Drama. There are a few internal teams and none of them know how to communicate with each other. If the company had good communication it would be a much better place to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to your employees and stop showing favoritism.

Not Good. A life lesson in self-humiliation.

Boxborough, MA

ProsNone other than PTO. No education required -- I guess that's a perk.

ConsThere's not enough space to write it all. Incompetent management. Improper practices. Nepotism. Ridiculous outdated and non-integrated software tools. Bad work ethics. Inability to properly integrate acquired labs. In-fighting between labs which compete for work. Rampant turnover and layoffs undermining any attempt to do a good job. Call or email someone today and next week they might be gone. Growth at Intertek is from acquisition...and when it slows, look out....heads will roll....and odds are it will be yours, even if you weren't the cause. Worst company to work for. Leaves you with that sticky used car salesman feel.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice for management. They should all be fired -- ALL of them.

The environment of Intertek

Arlington Heights, IL

ProsGreat people to work with. Team atmosphere.

ConsToo concerned with putting things in the correct boxes. Not all projects meet the typical definition which leads to missing deadlines.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople are scared for their positions and you need to listen to their needs and try to work towards relieving the stress of the day to day insanity. Need to balance the work/home life.

Too early to say

Laboratory Technician III (Current Employee)
    Grand Rapids, MI

ProsOpportunity to grow and learn in many fields with no experience.

ConsVery poor training. Co-workers expect you to know everything

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Be a slacker

Project Engineer (Current Employee)

Pros20 days PTO when you start, laid back work environment, and some good people to work with.

ConsYou work hard and they expect you to work harder to pick up for the ones who don't. They take advantage of the good workers and punish them for the things that others do. If you work hard and get your job done early they just slam you with more work. Now they are taking away the OT for the extra work that you do because some can't get their normal projects done. Management takes advantage of the hard working employee. They see a work ethic and know that the person does their job because of it. They basically run that person in the ground with work because they know that they will do it. I believe the flood gates are opening again.

Advice to Senior ManagementRead all the reviews!!! You can't expect people to bust their butts for you to pad your pocket when you won't do anything above giving us a job. I've never seen more people do less that are in higher positions than here at Intertek. I guess you could say that people are smart and do nothing and get the nice office jobs. While the people who work hard get nothing and are now losing the one thing that kept most people there.

OK company but really bad managements

Account Manager (Current Employee)

Prosgood benefit plan and vacation plan, OK salary. Work and life balance most of the time. quite flexible working hours

ConsReally bad organization and management, not valuing the good employees or never get ride of unqualified ones. No or limited communication between departments.

Advice to Senior Managementvalue your employees,

Worked for Intertek Testing Services NA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intertek Testing Services NA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Intertek Testing Services NA CEO Wolfhart Hauser. All 41 reviews posted anonymously by Intertek Testing Services NA employees.