Intertek Testing Services NA

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Company to Work For

Current Employee - Technician III  in  Cortland, NY
    Current Employee - Technician III in Cortland, NY

I have been working at Intertek Testing Services NA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Benefits, Room For Growth, Multiple Shifts, Stable home life. Culture among-st the techs is great.

Cons

Training could use some improvement - more structure is needed. Get better free coffee.

Work on Refining Training and Making the Yearly reviews a little less murky.

Poor company to work for. Manager picking apart there top performing employees just so they don't have to give raises.

Current Employee - Technician I  in  Cortland, NY
    Current Employee - Technician I in Cortland, NY

I have been working at Intertek Testing Services NA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working hours can be made flexible. Benefits are also quite good.

Cons

Way to many chiefs and not enough Indians. We have 7 layers of management in my department alone that do absolutely noting while the engineers and technicians work themselves to death.

Take better care of the people that are making you wealthy. More appreciation, less finding fault to avoid raises.

Groton BOYS Club looking for managers

Current Employee - Associate Engineer  in  Cortland, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Engineer in Cortland, NY

I have been working at Intertek Testing Services NA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

vacation time, benefits, client communication, and non-management co workers

Cons

If you do not live in Groton or belong to the boys club there is a ceiling over your head. If you do live in Groton or belong to the club opportunities await you! No experience, skills, or backbone needed.

Step outside Groton and look in. Well respected techs and engineers are leaving. In return, leaving you with a Smith Corona.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Engineer with degree

Former Employee - Engineer  in  Cortland, NY
    Former Employee - Engineer in Cortland, NY

I worked at Intertek Testing Services NA full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

lots of work and many hours 50-60

Cons

too many non degreed engineers and techs.........company is only interested in money and not integrity or professionalism
    As long as you went to high school with managers you do not need to have knowledge or skills...just be able to bill customers whether the testing was performed or not! sad but true!

Great people, poor management and pay does not keep up with cost of living for the working staff.

Current Employee - Associate Engineer  in  Cortland, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Engineer in Cortland, NY

I have been working at Intertek Testing Services NA

Pros

Co-workers are fantastic. Interesting and important work. Ability to travel. Variety in tasks.

Cons

Poor communication between management and staff. Salaries not too scale. No recognition of senority in pay. Training terrible.

Be HONEST and FAIR with staff. Bring salaries up to scale. Recognize loyalty in payscales. IMPROVE MORALE!

Worked for Intertek Testing Services NA? Contribute to the Community!