Intertek Testing Services NA

Updated Jun 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Wolfhart Hauser

Overall bad experience! The hiring process was horrible, the company culture is bad, and they do not honor a two week.

Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe benefits are good but the pay is mediocre for the area

ConsIt is a very unprofessional environment
    Account Managers fight over accounts in the cubes
    Inadequate training is provided to new team members with little support
    Almost everyone who works at Intertek is unhappy
    Lack of effective commination
    I wish I headed the warnings on glass door as they are all true

Advice to Senior ManagementThe entire company needs a top to bottom change.

Set-up to Fail

Test Technician (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsNo perks, no promotions, no values.

ConsGetting Equipment and lab ISO 17025 certified. It took over a year dragging their feet.

Advice to Senior Managementcreate an environment of success for employees and custmers.

Unethical management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNone. Really the worst place I have worked in my 20 yr. career.

ConsThey layoff people off every Christmas to ensure they keep their jobs. Heartless.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some morals. Manage people. Set realistic goals.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Highest percent of unhappy people

Marketing (Former Employee)

ProsThe company has a strong customer focus. It is interesting in the range of services and the variety of markets they service.

ConsEmployees treated like dirt.
    Very high turnover rate.
    Management are, for the lack of a better word, mean.
    Absolutely NO life work balance. They use the excuse of being global to expect you to answer calls and emails any time on the day or night.
    People work long days and then are expected to do more work at home.

Advice to Senior ManagementHow can you be effective with such a high turnover rate? Start to treat people well and there wont be a line of people running to leave to UL

Not Good. A life lesson in self-humiliation.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boxborough, MA

ProsNone other than PTO. No education required -- I guess that's a perk.

ConsThere's not enough space to write it all. Incompetent management. Improper practices. Nepotism. Ridiculous outdated and non-integrated software tools. Bad work ethics. Inability to properly integrate acquired labs. In-fighting between labs which compete for work. Rampant turnover and layoffs undermining any attempt to do a good job. Call or email someone today and next week they might be gone. Growth at Intertek is from acquisition...and when it slows, look out....heads will roll....and odds are it will be yours, even if you weren't the cause. Worst company to work for. Leaves you with that sticky used car salesman feel.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice for management. They should all be fired -- ALL of them.

Groton BOYS Club looking for managers

Associate Engineer (Current Employee) Cortland, NY

Prosvacation time, benefits, client communication, and non-management co workers

ConsIf you do not live in Groton or belong to the boys club there is a ceiling over your head. If you do live in Groton or belong to the club opportunities await you! No experience, skills, or backbone needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementStep outside Groton and look in. Well respected techs and engineers are leaving. In return, leaving you with a Smith Corona.

Worst Employer To Date

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNot one pro about this company.

ConsWork load was far too much. Management not appreciative of the amount of overtime put in. Disrespectful employees. Favoritism based on race was very common. HR did nothing to remedy office problems. People come and go from this office for countless reasons. There is no work/life balance and you can forget having a social life.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe fair to all employees and treat them the way you would like to be treated.

Engineer with degree

Engineer (Former Employee) Cortland, NY

Proslots of work and many hours 50-60

Constoo many non degreed engineers and techs.........company is only interested in money and not integrity or professionalism
    As long as you went to high school with managers you do not need to have knowledge or skills...just be able to bill customers whether the testing was performed or not! sad but true!

The experience was bad. Everyday was a challenge communicating with sales and senior engineers.

Project Engineer (Former Employee) Fairfield, NJ

ProsGreat learning experience as far as working with worldwide safety standards. Working there builds excellent background knowledge in an area of engineering that not many people have experience in.

ConsNo support from anyone. No one takes the time to sit down and explain things to you. Not enough time is provided to adequately complete projects which causes everyone from sales to the reviewer to have to take short cuts.

Advice to Senior ManagementConcentrate a little more on "SAFETY certification testing" rather than rushing projects just to be able to "bill" at the end of the month.

One of the strangest professional experiences

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Arlington Heights, IL

ProsManaged very large account with very little oversight.

ConsSales strategy changed on a weekly basis, people were treated disrespectfully, and there was no formal review process. Was given no notice and let go 4 days before xmas without any formal warning. Apparently this happens every year so the top execs. can cut cost to ensure a higher profitabiltiy so they could get their bonus.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to be more inclusive and reach out to people who are different i.e. women, minorities, etc. A company with a bunch of white male engineers is an antiquated model.

Worked for Intertek Testing Services NA? Contribute to the Community!