Intertrend

www.intertrend.com

Intertrend Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

An amazing group of people who are wonderfully talented and collaborative.

Creative Consultant/Producer (Current Employee) Long Beach, CA

ProsThe people are great to work with and the diverse ventures the company pursues and is involved with offer wonderful opportunities.

ConsActually, can't think of any. :)

Great place to work! They work you hard- expect long hours, but the experience you get is great! Resume booster!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat exposure to big names and brands. Hardworking bunch.

ConsLong hours, pay is average. Rare bonuses.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees.

Gets better every year!

Manager (Current Employee) Long Beach, CA

Proscollaborative, friendly, lots of hard working staff, Fortune 500 clients, small company means you get to work on a lot of different things, Fortune 500 clients are great but the company also does a lot of work for pro bono clients which shows they care about the community, especially Long Beach.

Consnothing that isn't true for all ad agencies...if you're looking for a routine/predictable day type of job, don't look here.

Advice to Senior Managementget to know the young staff because there might be hidden talents there.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A wonderful learning experience that opened up a whole new global perspective for me.

Account Executive (Former Employee) Long Beach, CA

ProsI got to learn a lot about the advertising industry through interTrend. The company's culture is very family oriented and thats one of the things I liked the most in a working environment. I got to meet a lot of impactful people in the industry and be inspired by all the game changers that the agency is connected to.

ConsWork hours might be a bit rough sometimes, but it comes with the job. On the bright side, you learn a lot and also bond closely with all your co-workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementMight need to hire 1 or 2 more people in each department with all the additional work coming in.

Excellent opportunity to learn about multicultural marketing.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou get to work with people passionate about their job in a fun work environment. Employees are encouraged to find everyday inspiration through art & culture to maintain a healthy mind.

ConsIt was difficult to understand all the moving pieces of the business as a intern. An overview of the services provided by the agency and how each department works with one another would have been helpful.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in the professional development of your employees.

interTrend is a wonderful Agency that everyone cares about their works and passionate in what they do.

ProsProfessional environment, friendly colleagues, an amazing roster of clients, great opportunity for career growth.

ConsSome clients limit our growth due to our background as an Asian American Agency.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

A very progressive Asian market advertising agency

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPresident/Founder is a visionary. They hire smart people and lets them do their job.

ConsKey decisions tend to be made by committee. There's isn't a primary decision maker.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood job. Keep stretching the envelope.

Interesting experience

Media Specialist (Current Employee) Long Beach, CA

Pros- One of the biggest Asian Market agencies
    - Has a lot of fun activities just like all other big agencies

Cons- Have to learn everything on you own (they pretty much just dump everything on you and have you figure it out)
    - If you don't want to be stuck in the Asian market, don't work here
    - Very political
    - Under pay

Advice to Senior Management- Be more transparent to you subordinates
    - Appreciate your subordinates
    - Don't be threatened if your subordinates are smarter than you

Worst boutique agency I've dealt with, I feel sorry for their clients

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsProactive about team building but I hear that's common among the Asian Advertising Agencies.

ConsBase most strategies on assumptions, seems like a very costly way to test your theories on how to roll out campaigns.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on your reputation of "political environment"

If you are slightly serious about advertising, avoid this shop

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Long Beach, CA

ProsFortune 500 clients
    Common perks about working in an agency
    Opportunities to get in the asian community
    If you are lucky and happen to fall in favors by the bosses, everyone will treat you nice

ConsTypical Asian company - spend way too much time on politics, personal favors. Your success will not be measured based on performance, but how well you can get along with your superiors and the upper management.

Significantly lower compensation then industry standard

You will get into the delusion thinking you are well recognized and working in the "most digital savvy agency in the world" (who calls themselves that anyway?). The fact is - there is no measurement of effectiveness in the work this shop delivers. This is very limited data supporting the statement this agency is claiming. The worst of all, you learn so little as the rest of the world changes beyond rapidly every single day.

If you are slightly serious about advertising and technology, and aren't interested in getting a comfortable work that teaches you nothing, find a real ad agency.

Worked for Intertrend? Contribute to the Community!