Intervise Consultants

Updated June 17, 2014
Updated June 17, 2014
3.7

Michael D Priddy

Best company I ever worked for. If you work for Intervise Consultants, you are very lucky.

Former Employee - Software Tester in Newport News, VA
    Former Employee - Software Tester in Newport News, VA

I worked at Intervise Consultants as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

When ever I had a question, issue, concern about the job or contract, pay or hours, all I had to do was call and I got an immediate resolution from a real human who actually cared about me as a person. When was the last time you called HR or Recruiting and it went like this: Ring Ring Hello (your name here). Incredible.

Working for Intervise is like being in a family where the employees are valued and everyone knows you and looks out for you. I actually have met the top leadership who go out of their way to personally make morale visits, pay for lunch, and make you feel glad to be working for them. They don't even want anything, just to say hello and hang out and make sure you like working for them. Almost too good to be true, wish I had found out about Intervise Consultants years ago.

Cons

I cannot think of anything bad to say about the company itself. The company is so good, that I will not even consider working with another in the future unless absolutely necessary.

Just keep doing what your doing, don't change a thing.

Not time well spent

Current Employee - Courseware Tester in Newport News, VA
    Current Employee - Courseware Tester in Newport News, VA

I have been working at Intervise Consultants full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I only had an 8 mile drive to work

Cons

The pay was very low,there was no 401K and the Dental benefit was next to worthless.

Sustainment Trainer

Former Employee - EHR Sustainment Trainer in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - EHR Sustainment Trainer in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Intervise Consultants as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Able to work independently. Respectable salary. Management communicated well. Management stays in contact with some to keep them in the loop of current or future opportunities. Management treated trainers with respect; easy to get along with.

Cons

The amount of vacation time accrued. Sick leave and annual leave was the same thing; this may have changed since then

If possible, offer sick leave and annual/vacation leave.

You're pretty much on your own.

Former Employee - Consultant in Bowie, MD
    Former Employee - Consultant in Bowie, MD

I worked at Intervise Consultants

Pros

Since they seem to be primarily a staffing company, if you are looking for a position where you can work for awhile, gain technical experience, then move on, Intervise would probably be a good fit. Your satisfaction with the work and your work environment will depend on the company or site to which you are contracted since you will most likely never visist the home office. The admin staff was always very helpful and quick to resolve problems or provide information. Also, they offered to pay for pre-approved, job related classes that you took on your own time.

Cons

Being offsite the 10-11 Intervise employees felt very isolated from the actual company - that is if you even knew who else worked for the company. At one of the other employees instigation the project manager did meet with us as a group several times to answer questions. Now that there is on onsite project manager I think communication has improved.

If you are on site make a point to stop by and say hello to your employees now and then. It would go a long way in helping them feel like a valued part of the company instead just another body in a cubicle.

It's Just a Paycheck - Literally!

Current Employee - Consultant / Applications Trainer in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Consultant / Applications Trainer in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Intervise Consultants

Pros

Intervise is essentially a staffing company. The work being performed is not for Intervise, but for one of Intervise's clients - most often large U.S. Government contractors. Intervise employees work around the globe and many never set foot in the "Home Office" or know more than a handful of other Intervise employees. The likelihood of being micro managed is practically non-existent. On the other hand the account managers frequently check to see that the employees in the field are not having any problems or issues that have not been reported to them.

Cons

Intervise provides no incentive for employee development or advancement within the company. There are also no regular performance evaluations and feedback. If one asks for a salary increase and the stars are alligned just so, then a salary adjustment might be awarded. If one doesn't request a raise, it will never be offered regardless of whether the employee is an average performer or does a stellar job.

Benefits aren't the greatest in the world. Health, life and dental insurance is available but additional life insurance through the company isn't. An employee can accrue 120 hours of Paid Time Off per year. To a healthy employee it is likely to be all vacation. However, a bout with the flu or several upper respiratory problems a year means vacation was spent in bed sick. There is a 401K plan and the company does match, but doesn't specify what the match will be.
    Timekeeping can become tedious. I must keep three time sheets, a bi-weekly one for the site where I work, a weekly one for the contractor to which I report and a semi-monthly one for Intervise.

It would be nice to have information about the company I work for. Don't keep your best assetts in a vacuum.