Interweave

Updated May 29, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Clay Hall

One of the last of the great small companies

Editor-In-Chief (Former Employee) Loveland, CO

ProsSmall, family-friendly, nurturing, professional, vision-driven, employee-friendly

ConsSalaries not as high as elsewhere

Lack of Leadership

Graphic Designer, Books Department (Former Employee) Loveland, CO

ProsMeeting good people, that cared about the company and what they do.

ConsLeadership was incompetent, stressed out and direction unclear. Pay not competitive for the job. Low pay.

Solid company while I worked there, but I think culture and values have changed after they were acquired.

Production Director (Current Employee) Loveland, CO

ProsFreedom plan (unlimited time off, but I don't think this exists anymore).
    Reasonable work hours.

ConsNot much room for advancement.
    Employees were underpaid.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Okay at first

Marketing Designer (Former Employee) Loveland, CO

ProsFun, light-hearted topics of crafts. Pretty pictures to work with. Nice people, for the most part. Original owner was great and a super nice person.

ConsAbusive manager allowed to prevail even though many complaints were lodged against her. I left on my own accord but was set up for failure and I would have been fired if I didn't. Before reporting to her, I had stellar annual reviews with raises. That this woman was allowed and even rewarded for her abusive behavior to several designers in her charge. She was eventually fired but long after she pushed up very good talented designers.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees who have issues with their managers. This ignorance could set you up for lawsuits in the future.

high-pressure but rewarding

ProsInterweave is changing very very fast to meet the challenges of book publishing today. Lots of room for growth and advancement. Flexible and supportive company for off-site employees, of which it has many.

Very egalitarian--employees are regularly solicited for opinion and feedback of projects, regardless of position. Collaborative atmosphere, rather than competitive. Management is generally open and accessible, trusting of employees rather than micro-managing.

ConsInterweave is changing very very fast to meet the challenges of book publishing today. Communication can be poor at times, especially as priorities can change very quickly. Very high-pressure, with very high expectations of employees. Becoming increasingly metrics-driven, sometimes losing sight of issues such as quality and market saturation.

Very UN flexible for office employees. As a media publisher, employees are regularly expected to provide magazine and emedia content on top of their regular duties, on their own time.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more flexible to on-site employees. With the hours people work, a day at home makes all the difference.

Many employees are at their limit of productivity. Be willing to invest in more people if you expect to continue rapid growth.

Worked for Interweave? Contribute to the Community!