Intralinks

Intralinks Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Intralinks Director, President & CEO Ronald W. Hovsepian

Ronald W. Hovsepian

Pros
  • The software dev team has a smart & energized group of people (in 4 reviews)

• They offer an excellent work life balance (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior Management doesn't understand the changing markets (in 5 reviews)

• Highly political environment - infighting, backstabbing, sycophants (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Wonderful in the beginning, downhill with new management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWas a great company with a can do attitude

ConsNew Senior Management with CPO title killed the company's innovation. Hired a tyrant, no one wants to work there anymore.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people with respect.

Best place to work

Engineering Manager (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsBest place to innovate with latest technologies

ConsNot many cons I can think of

Reason to be excited

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGreat opportunities ahead for this company. The software dev team has a smart & energized group of people. They are heading in the right direction. Didn't work out for me personally for some reasons, but I would recommend getting onboard.

ConsThere's a lot to do. Many opportunities means lots of projects. It's a good thing but it can be challenging.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

…an exciting opportunity for INNOVATION and GROWTH as an established market leader in enabling people to get work done…

Vice President Software Development (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsBringing innovative solutions to solve knowledge worker problems while integrating new models (Agile methodology) to deliver customer value.

ConsRealistic that we have tremendous amount of work ahead to continuously innovate and exceed the expectations of customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemarkable job in forming a cohesive unit to layout a framework (Customers, Employees, and Shareholders) for bottom-up and top-down input that everyone can corral around team-shared responsibilities.

Great Company!

Director (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat people, opportunities for career growth.

ConsThere are no cons other than facilities are being upgraded which is great.

Sick, diseased, toxic.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsInteresting products and technology.
    Strong potential for sales growth in solid enterprise space.
    A few good persons scattered here and there in the organization.
    Excellent pay.
    CEO seems like a good person but hasn't done enough to make a difference.

ConsCrushing workload.
    Slave driving management.
    Highly political environment - infighting, backstabbing, sycophants.
    Group think - there is only one right way to solve the problem. Alternative approaches are belittled.
    Promotions given to those who think the same way managers do.
    If you are not actively throwing someone else under the bus, then someone is throwing you under the bus. Highly adversarial atmosphere.
    Unprofessional conduct by certain senior managers.
    Command and control approach to management. Little delegation of decision-making.
    Collaboration at the team level is not encouraged or supported. Individuals do collaborate, but have to seek them out. Most employees don't care about the problems you need to solve unless you show them what is in it for them and how it will make them look good.
    Very poor communication internally. The attitude seems to be that employees don't need to know why, just that they have to do their job and shut up.

Advice to Senior ManagementStill have a chance to improve the culture, but time is running out.

Starting all over on the wrong foot.....

Client Services Representative (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsThey over pay employees. This truly is the only pro working for this company. So if you are looking for short term with big money; this is your place.

ConsThe company is consistly change management to better align goals and strategy, however, they keep running around in circles. Working for this company reminds me of role-play as a child. Management is pretending like it knows who to hire, what strategy to implement and aligning company goals with individual contribution from employees. The wrong people are at the top of the chain and don't want to let anyone in and the people with ideas, experience and strategy are at the bottom. Upper management is very threaten by the intelligence of the employees, however, they look for the best and expect the best. When you get in you have to act dumb and be a robot to attain tenure. It's very counter-productive. If there's even a hint of intelligence that radiates from you--in the words of Donald Trump-- YOU'RE FIRED.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being intimidated by the intelligent people you hire. For example, someone that has worked at a Fortune 500 company shouldn't be fired for no reason other than their manager being threatened. If you hire the right people at the top, they should want to empower their team to grow within the company; not keep them stagnant. Please do something about morale, but I highly think you really don't care, because it shows. Human Resources is a joke and you should really be careful, because I foresee lots of wrongful termination lawsuits coming your way.

Good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosgreat people, work balance excellent, provide chance for learning

Conslimited career advancement and thus impact pay

Advice to Senior Managementkeep the good people

OK but not very good

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boston, MA

Pros- Good people to work with
    - Good work life balance
    - Leading product in secure information exchange field.

Cons- Frequent changes in organization (and everything)
    - Poor management
    - No clear vision

Positive Changes Ahead

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsNew CEO and senior leadership breathing fresh life into the company.
    We need to our grow our old habits and look forward to the future.
    *Everyone* needs to work more cross-functionally and collaboratively, and be held accountable. I feel like we are on a good path.

ConsFormer management style didn't lend itself to clear business strategies that were clearly communicated throughout the company. We have new leadership and I see this changing. Please keep spreading the word and ensuring that everyone is on the same trajectory.

Advice to Senior Management2012 has started out with more clear communication about the company direction and goals. As an employee, this is critical to our success. Set the expectations and hold people accountable. Continue with positive career and professional development programs that have recently launched and help us make this a great(er) place to work.

Worked for Intralinks? Contribute to the Community!