Intralot Reviews

1. Customer service tech

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Intralot

Pros

Company provides work vehicle, tools, vehicle insurance and equipment.

Cons

This company is a little outdated on software installations. Satellite are held down by cylinder blocks in which you have to carry on the roof.

Advice to Management

Need to find quicker ways to upload software. Updated phones, and computers. We are still working off of windows xp

2. Systems operator

Former Employee - Systems Operator in Randolph Center, VT
    Former Employee - Systems Operator in Randolph Center, VT

I worked at Intralot (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent company and benefits, great people and lots of fun.

Cons

Schedule was not great for mom of younger children

3. Love going to work everyday.

Current Employee - Field Service Manager in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Field Service Manager in Boise, ID

I have been working at Intralot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Team works well together and consistently

Cons

My only complaint is I wish the company would roll over vacation and sick time not used during the year.

Advice to Management

Keep the ship moving forward.

Better Get A Union

I have been working at Intralot full-time

Pros

Company phone, company vehicle, tools and supplies are provided. 401k with a 6% match. vacation and sick leave. Raises have been given about every 3 years at 2.5%.

Cons

Agreed with this from another review: Lack of communication, unfair labor practices, unprofessional management, refuses to resolve personnel issues, unprepared, backstabbing, lack of regard for safety, no disciplinary action or recourse for personnel problems, improper tools, lack of access to replacement parts and tools. Underpaid employees, lies, false promises, no incentives or bonuses. There is no room for advancement. You will have a dead end job. Beware; They also like to change the schedule at a moments notice and schedule you to work without your knowledge and expect you to work it. This typically happens on Holidays. A very large problem is also favoritism, which seems to be a reason so many problems go unsolved. This company would rather spend millions upon millions of dollars to keep a "Labor Union" out of the mix than to pay us what we are worth. Some of my input: On call 10 hours a day mon-sat and sun 12-5 (per the contract that they have to cover) without compensation unless called. On call must be ready to go at moment of call. Heavy micro-management with GPS tracking of your daily routine.

Advice to Management

Agreed from another review: Pay us what we are worth, give us "Cost of Living" increases, show us we are actually appreciated, we are not just a "tool for the job". Hold managers accountable, make them actually get out in the field and get their feet wet. Management is so out of touch with reality and what goes on in the Field. Some of my input: Supervisors have had more turnover than technicians due to a burnout rate of constant micro-management they are forced to implement from management.

6. A stepping stone.

I have been working at Intralot full-time

Pros

Good people. Learned quite a lot in the beginning. Great for getting started in the INformation Technology Industry.

Cons

No work-life balance. No real advancement opportunities.

7. OK Company to work with! Could be much better.

Current Employee - Field Service
    Current Employee - Field Service

I have been working at Intralot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty room for development and initiative. Fun to work in most of the time. Developers at this company are the best! They can make things happen in the blink of the eye. But there not enough of them! Really good company for recent college grads ( IT field) who wants to beef-up their resumes. Field Service- Best department. Even though there is no room for carrier advancement Field service has plenty perks that make it desirable: Company Car/ Cell Phone/ Gas Card, Travel opportunities. Data Center- "OPS Monkeys" Great for IT college grads. Plenty opportunities for learning real "Live" systems" Possibility to move to another projects/ departments. Call Center- Nerve center of every project! Good, stable, fun job if you like to interact with the customers over the phone, enjoy making people happy (by resolving technical problems) pay attention to details. Small departments, family like environment. Flexible hours/days Plenty time to study if you are a student. 401 K Company will match dollar to dollar up to 6%!

Cons

Bureaucracy is the worst! Pretty stingy on pay raises. Ridiculous vacation policy (WORST EVER). Per-Diem policy cancellation killed all travel.

Advice to Management

Take more care about your workforce. Review/revise vacation policy. Provide more perks for employees if you really want to retain top talents. Software development can use more guidelines and checkpoints.

8. Awesome place to work!

I have been working at Intralot full-time

Pros

If you like traveling this is a great company to work for. Interesting and challenging projects. Great people and fun environment. Growing company with a lot of potential if you work hard

Cons

Can't think of any significant cons. Maybe the location if the office, but I guess it's ok for those who live outside the perimeter

Advice to Management

Make sure you spend with time with employees to let them know they are valued

9. Great people at a local level, but corporate is a different story.

Former Employee - Anonymous in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Boise, ID

I worked at Intralot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is interesting to work for, being in the lottery business. The local employees are very friendly and helpful. I worked on site in a Midwest city and a Northwest city and had the same experience.

Cons

The company is very stingy on pay. Once you get in the door with your starting salary, expect it to be a battle to get any pay raise. There is a giant disconnect in the way you are treated with the management that is local versus the management that is at the corporate level.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like they are assets, not like they are liabilities.

10. Organized Chaos

Current Employee - Customer Service Technician in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Technician in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Intralot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Freedom, a lot of local travel, not restricted to an office.

Cons

Hard to plan life activities after normal business hours because of on call requirements. Terrible pay rates and raises for the amount of work that is required. Field staff is responsible for way to many things that they have no control over. Constantly set up for failure then asked why we are failing.

Advice to Management

Management needs to play a more supportive role in helping the field staff. Allocate more responsibility to customers.

11. Boring, dead end job with no real career advancement in sight.

Former Employee - Systems Operator in Montpelier, VT
    Former Employee - Systems Operator in Montpelier, VT

I worked at Intralot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good money 12 hour shifts mean less working days

Cons

poor hours 12 hour shifts mean giving up a lot of your daily freedoms

RSS Feed </> Embed