Intralot
www.intralot.com Athens, Greece 5000+ Employees

Intralot Reviews

Updated Jun 17, 2014
Intralot – Athens – “Outside view”

Constantinos G. Antonopoulos

A stepping stone.

ProsGood people. Learned quite a lot in the beginning. Great for getting started in the INformation Technology Industry.

ConsNo work-life balance. No real advancement opportunities.

OK Company to work with! Could be much better.

Field Service (Current Employee)

ProsPlenty room for development and initiative. Fun to work in most of the time. Developers at this company are the best! They can make things happen in the blink of the eye. But there not enough of them! Really good company for recent college grads ( IT field) who wants to beef-up their resumes.
    Field Service- Best department. Even though there is no room for carrier advancement Field service has plenty perks that make it desirable: Company Car/ Cell Phone/ Gas Card, Travel opportunities.
    Data Center- "OPS Monkeys" Great for IT college grads. Plenty opportunities for learning real "Live" systems" Possibility to move to another projects/ departments.
    Call Center- Nerve center of every project! Good, stable, fun job if you like to interact with the customers over the phone, enjoy making people happy (by resolving technical problems) pay attention to details. Small departments, family like environment. Flexible hours/days Plenty time to study if you are a student.
    401 K Company will match dollar to dollar up to 6%!

ConsBureaucracy is the worst!
     Pretty stingy on pay raises. Ridiculous vacation policy (WORST EVER). Per-Diem policy cancellation killed all travel.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more care about your workforce. Review/revise vacation policy. Provide more perks for employees if you really want to retain top talents. Software development can use more guidelines and checkpoints.

Awesome place to work!

ProsIf you like traveling this is a great company to work for. Interesting and challenging projects. Great people and fun environment. Growing company with a lot of potential if you work hard

ConsCan't think of any significant cons. Maybe the location if the office, but I guess it's ok for those who live outside the perimeter

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you spend with time with employees to let them know they are valued

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people at a local level, but corporate is a different story.

Anonymous (Former Employee)
    Boise, ID

ProsThe company is interesting to work for, being in the lottery business. The local employees are very friendly and helpful. I worked on site in a Midwest city and a Northwest city and had the same experience.

ConsThe company is very stingy on pay. Once you get in the door with your starting salary, expect it to be a battle to get any pay raise.
    There is a giant disconnect in the way you are treated with the management that is local versus the management that is at the corporate level.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like they are assets, not like they are liabilities.

Organized Chaos

Customer Service Technician (Current Employee)
    Columbia, SC

ProsFreedom, a lot of local travel, not restricted to an office.

ConsHard to plan life activities after normal business hours because of on call requirements. Terrible pay rates and raises for the amount of work that is required. Field staff is responsible for way to many things that they have no control over. Constantly set up for failure then asked why we are failing.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to play a more supportive role in helping the field staff. Allocate more responsibility to customers.

Boring, dead end job with no real career advancement in sight.

Systems Operator (Former Employee)
    Montpelier, VT

ProsGood money
    12 hour shifts mean less working days

Conspoor hours
    12 hour shifts mean giving up a lot of your daily freedoms

Very disappointing experience with a company that has lots of potential to be great. Find another opportunity.

Field Service Technician (Current Employee)
    Cleveland, OH

ProsCompany Car, Gas Card, Cell Phone. Drive your assigned vehicle home daily.

ConsLack of communication, Unfair labor practices, unprofessional management, refuses to resolve personnel issues, unprepared, backstabbing, lack of regard for safety, no disciplinary action or recourse for personnel problems, improper tools, lack of access to replacement parts and tools. Underpaid employees, lies, false promises, no incentives or bonuses. There is no room for advancement. You will have a dead end job.

Beware; They also like to change the schedule at a moments notice and schedule you to work without your knowledge and expect you to work it. This typically happens on Holidays. A very large problem is also favoritism, which seems to be a reason so many problems go unsolved.

The Call Center employees get treated better by Management and all other departments than Field Service. Dead end job 101 right here. You would be likely treated better in Fast Food.

This company would rather spend millions upon millions of dollars to keep a "Labor Union" out of the mix than to pay us what we are worth.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay us what we are worth, give us "Cost of Living" increases, show us we are actually appreciated , we are not just a "tool for the job" as we were told by a Regional Manager out of Colorado. We are not treated well and sadly, Field Service is considered the bottom of the barrel. Any other company I have worked for in the Service Industry, the Technicians were always considered to have a desirable position and proud to have it. Hold managers accountable, make them actually get out in the field and get their feet wet. Management is so out of touch with reality and what goes on in the Field.

The Call Center positions are considered to be a promotion compared to Service. Which makes no sense that Field Service is looked at so unfavorably. We should have an option to cash in our unused vacation, floating holidays and sick time. We do not get any bonuses, incentives or even a "Good Job" for that matter. At least we would be able to afford to get gifts for our family on holidays such as Christmas, Birthdays and Anniversaries. Require "Area Managers" to actually have Personnel Training. Discipline employees that are not doing what they are supposed to, problematic or just create a hostile work environment.

It seems this company also does not take any hostile behaviors or actions seriously, such as racial discrimination, defamation of character, threats of violence and or sexual harassment, or any other forms of harassment.

There is a different CEO for USA, that CEO is way out of touch and very impersonal and unapproachable. The only reason we have ever seen our CEO was to beg for us to not elect a union in and make subtle threats about our jobs if we elect it in.

Disappointing and lack of room to grow

Customer Service Technician (Current Employee)
    Cleveland, OH

ProsWorking mostly with little to no direct supervision. Company vehicle, gas card and tools provided. Not having to pay to maintain company vehicle.

ConsLack of communication, no praise for a job well done. Lack of interest in the welfare of employees. Company does not seem to share the burden of the cost of healthcare premiums. Constantly changing company policies and adding more responsibilities without any merit increase. Underpaid for the amount of work and knowledge required.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication, appropriate tools and vehicles for job at hand. Show your employees they are appreciated. A lot of us have families and struggle to survive, we are skilled in what we do, we should be compensated to reflect that.

Lots of unnecessary travel coupled with having to argue about salary and lack of benefits.

Systems Engineer (Former Employee)
    Boise, ID

ProsWorking with large scale deployments and being able to be mostly autonomous. US worker bees were fun to work with. Very helpful and courteous.

ConsFrivolous money spent on travel, food, and in turn, not being compensated properly. Management could sometimes be standoffish, unsupportive and backstabbing.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay people what they are worth. Don't lie to them about bonuses. Don't have people perform unnecessary travel with 1 days notice just to have a "warm body" available.

Average to poor

Engineer (Former Employee)
    Athens (Greece)

ProsSome very good people and the work was very interesting. Many opportunities to travel.

ConsNo employee assessment, no salary improvement so no career path. Management is the same people since 15 years they have not good staff management, the company got big very fast and now is big mess. Too much unnecessary work and no plan.

Advice to Senior ManagementMust hire the right people, not family and friends. Must focus on real projects.

Worked for Intralot? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intralot reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Intralot CEO Constantinos G. Antonopoulos. All 18 reviews posted anonymously by Intralot employees.