Intratek Reviews

1. Good pay and benefits

Former Employee - Help Desk Technician in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Former Employee - Help Desk Technician in Tuscaloosa, AL

I worked at Intratek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good management. Not micromanagers. Good benefits and pay!

Cons

Wish they had worked the situation out with ACET

Advice to Management

Hope you get the contract with the VA

Horrible Experience From The Start

I worked at Intratek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was average for the line of work.

Cons

The Company is based out of California, so if you're in another state working for them, your out of luck to get any support. Basically, your local manager or supervisor runs the show. If they do not like you, then you're done. No place to complain and even if you do, nothing is ever done. They fill the spots with anyone that can breath, so no one knows anything about IT related troubleshooting. The process of getting hired takes forever. Really a awful place to work, so much politics and gossips, I am surprised they still can get contracts.

Advice to Management

Not fit to run a company. Whom ever does the hiring for managers or supervisors should be fired.

Jul 16, 2015 – Chief of User Support & Field Operations

Obviously not a glowing review of Intratek... However, we take all reviews, positive or negative, very seriously, and of course with a grain or two of salt. While it is true that our corporate ... More

3. Project Coordinator/Service Desk Technician

I have been working at Intratek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Once you learn the multiple nuances of the City this is actually a fairly easy IT gig. The staff on the Service Desk are a good bunch of folks to work with. The traditional 8-5 schedule is a nice change from the typical shift work schedule in IT.

Cons

Below market value income, limited to no income potential, family benefits are very expensive, The clients needs and Intratek's needs are total opposites and this puts friction between those of us trying to provide a service. We are just contractors, just ask any of the city workers. Your professional expertise and opinion does not matter. Your asked to be creative and innovative because the client needs ideas they can take credit for. Attrition rate is very high due to poor pay.

Advice to Management

Corporate in California needs to be better connected to its out of state locations. Site Managers need to have more autonomy and say about what to do with their service desk because they are not just puppets in the play. Trust the team leads and COMMUNICATE more effectively. You get what you pay for in life. If you want a 30 dollar an hour tech then pay for one.

Jun 8, 2015 – Chief of User Support & Field Operations

Agree 100% with having a better connection to those employees outside of Southern California (where Intratek's HQ is located). That's a daily challenge that we are getting better at as we continue ... More

No future but stepping stone to IT field

Former Employee - Help Desk Technician in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Help Desk Technician in Tacoma, WA

I worked at Intratek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Comparatively good pay. Job experience. Contracted by the government (which can also be a con)

Cons

No advancement opportunities. Benefits don't kick in until 6 months. Extreme micromanagement.

Advice to Management

Provide advancement paths and opportunities for current employees. Cool it with the micromanagement. We were required to send emails whenever we went on break or to the bathroom.

Jun 8, 2015 – Chief of User Support & Field Operations

With as much conviction as we can muster through text, there is not a corporate policy on having to announce the need to use the restroom. The management team would dislike that as much (or more ... More

6. Good work experience

I worked at Intratek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, management would give out more responsibility to those they felt were capable, and rewarded effort. Any questions to management were quickly responded to.

Cons

Started out with low pay, annual reviews made it difficult to negotiate a raise. Did not have the same positions/titles as other companies that were working on the same contract. This made some promotions on site limited to other companies.

Advice to Management

Solidify the positions/titles with other companies on the same contract. Consider reviews outside of the annual review, some employees may be worth the extra effort to keep.

Apr 21, 2015 – Chief of User Support & Field Operations

Thank you for taking time to submit a review. We appreciate it! Trust us when we say that often times we wish we had more flexibility after we are awarded a major contract, but the client retains ... More

Working at Intratek is a challenge ....

Current Employee - Corporate in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Intratek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

• Collaborated with talented co-workers who want to better the company

Cons

• Promised growth as the company grows, still waiting on a promotion and raise • There isn't enough money for raises, yet these expense reports checks for mysterious charges are always being written for the elite of Intratek. • Preferential treatment for the owners family and friends • Company office environment can be described like a dictatorship. • Managerial positions are filled by owners family member or friends which results in managerial positions filled by unqualified personnel. • Low pay, unqualified manager, bad work environment, and disregard for talented employees causes the company to have high turnover. • They don’t allow anyone to have a flexible schedule unless you are part of their inner circle. • Women are treated differently from men, might be due to culture. Only woman in a managerial role is an owners(also CFO) wife which creates a conflict of interest. • Benefits package not that great. Company pays for employee benefits but doesn't pay anything for family coverage and it's abnormally high costs. New employees get 5 day’s vacation but are encouraged to use them when the company shut down for holidays with out pay.

Advice to Management

• Change the corporate culture. Listen to employee ideas, because the old ways of doing business won’t help the company grow.

Apr 13, 2015 – Chief of User Support & Field Operations

We are deeply sorry to hear of your exasperation in the rate in which the company has been growing. I know many employees can get frustrated in the fact that things do not move as fast as they'd ... More

8. Help desk

Former Employee - Help Desk
    Former Employee - Help Desk

I worked at Intratek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great placement. Even when my assignment ended just before thanksgiving, the senior staff made sure I was taken care of and provided excellent reference for my new employment. 👍

Cons

I would have liked to have reviews on my progress and more feedback on my performance.

Advice to Management

Keep up the food work!

Apr 21, 2015 – Chief of User Support & Field Operations

This is one of those times where you wish the "F" key and the "G" key weren't next to each other on the keyboard!

9. good company to work for

Current Employee - Service Desk Analyst in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Service Desk Analyst in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Intratek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good communication from management. seem to always be concerned with how things are going and if there is anything they can do to make things better.

Cons

I was assigned to work directly at one of the account that Intratek supports, and so I don't have too much contact from the corporate office and my manager, so I feel kind of isolated most of the time.

Advice to Management

maybe work on a way to make employees who are working off-site feel a little more connected to the company?

Dec 7, 2014 – Chief of User Support & Field Operations

With a very good portion of our employee base working directly at our client sites, it is very important to us that our employees just don't know they are Intratek employees, but FEEL connected to ... More

10. Very Fair Company

Current Employee - Technician in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Technician in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Intratek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They always have been fair to me as an employee, and were very understanding when I had to take some personal time off to care for my ill mother, even though I hadn't been working at the company for very long. Management is interested in hearing from their employees on ideas and suggestions, which I am not used to with previous employers.

Cons

Consider making the probation period shorter so that benefits can kick-in sooner.

Advice to Management

The probation period of 180 days is too long, and not really standard in this industry. I think it should be 90 days, which is more common.

Dec 6, 2014 – Chief of User Support & Field Operations

We are reviewing our current probationary period, with a good chance of making a significant change in 2015.

11. I've always been treated like a professional and enjoyed almost all of the assignments that were given to me.

Current Employee - Field Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Field Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Intratek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been exposed to a variety of assignments that have enhanced my career knowledge base. As a whole, the company offers many benefits and opportunities to grow and they encourage you to expand your experience by participating in various types of responsibilities.

Cons

Of course, the pay could be a little higher, but I've managed fine on my salary and have received raises in the past.

Dec 5, 2014 – Chief of User Support & Field Operations

Our performance review system is designed to help make sure everyone is compensated fairly, so if at any time you feel that might not be the case, please be sure to let your immediate Intratek ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed