Intrepid USA

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Lynn Tilton

Rewarding, lots of challenges and room for growth.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsWonderful nurse with years of experience take care of the patients. The caring Social Workers touched the lives of those they went out to see. Caring and loving people work at this Home Health Company.

ConsThe company filed bankruptcy and lost some really good people.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeek answers from staff, they actually go out and see the patients and would have the most up to date information (procedure).

CORPORATE OFFICE IS A JOKE

(Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsI have met a few people that are really great.

ConsThis is the most unorganized and dysfunctional company I have ever worked for. Upper management is clueless. They have closed 3 branches last month and laid off a manager. just this week 4 other upper management people have resigned. This is really sad because the managers that are left have no experience with the departments they have taken over. I will be leaving as soon as I find a new job. I would suggest not working here.

Advice to Senior Managementresign as soon as possible.

demotivating...

Account Executive (Current Employee)

Prosmost of the sales managers are ok....just lack of motivation/desire to improve upon the 'status-quo'.....lots of "just give me a couple of months, and we will fix the issues...." --- nothing ever improves, b/c the company supports operations over sales growth/expansion....

Consvery cheap commission structure that is based solely on F2F documentation with time constraints, they do not match your 401k, they give you a $400/mth car allowance - but don't pay you mileage, stuck in the 1980's/90's when it comes to technology, etc etc etc

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great opportunity to practice medical social work at Intrepid USA.

Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) Brownsville, TN

ProsThis job allows you to set your own hours with the patients' approval.

ConsWorking PRN is a daily walk in accordance to how many hours available. There are no benefits attached to the PRN such as insurance, sick days, or vacation pay.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Good workers, still paper charting

RN/Case Manager (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsGood salary, nice coworkers, plenty of work (pay per visit)

ConsStill paper charting!! No computerized charting.

Advice to Senior ManagementJoin the 21st century and get COMPUTERIZED

The worst company I have ever worked for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNone. I really can't think of anything. Worst year of my life.

ConsRude office staff, no direction from top down. Can't hold on to their therapists. One therapist to cover entire outlying areas of Birmingham.

Advice to Senior ManagementClose the branch and start over somewhere else

This was a surprisingly disappointing experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe only positive thing about working for this company is the caregiver staff .... there are some staff who provide good patient care.

ConsThe company is ill equipped to handle the total care of the patient due to inability to provide the most current care / technology / programs.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet up to speed with the competition in regard to patient services, employee salaries and overall positive care for all involved.

Disappointed in Dallas

Want to Keep My Job for Now (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsIm wondering that as I write this. Its a job I guess. I work with a lot of really nice people for the most part.

ConsA few words on my background. I have been with corporate in Dallas now for over three years and have been happy overall until recently. Its become a girls club as of late and everyone can feel it. Management has cut people that should not have been cut for simply not being on the right side of the "click". Wondering about the dress code? Wear whatever you like and "Hope" you don't get a warning. If you get that warning, you are on the wrong side of the click. A lot of our mid management is getting the boot or leaving of their own accord and being replaced by people that do not come from health care. Friends of management are being hired simply because they know someone. No experience at all. We have all worked in place like this and I am a bit worried about my future here and for the company as a whole. That's aside from the no raises, lengthy hours, no management support...ect..

Advice to Senior ManagementIts not your lowbie employees you have to worry about. Take a look at your mid to high level staff taking this company down. You are trading a lot of long term employees for people that have no idea what they are doing. Oh, and a raise every two or three years would be nice. Other than that, we are doing great.

Blind leading blind

RCD Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosa paycheck every 2 weeks

Consmanagement and majority of staff have no clue what they're doing, big turnaround, lack of management skills and lack of caring what the issues are within a department. everyone does the bare minimum starting from the top. a company full of family members and friends brought over with no home health or healthcare background

Advice to Senior Managementgetting management who have had some management background and will take time to understand what an employees job truly entails on a daily basis

It has it's pros and cons.

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsGreatest field staff that I have ever had the pleasure to work with. The office was very family oriented and understanding of any family issues. They allow you to be very independent with your work hours. Open communication for the most part.

ConsNo raises ... most staff is paid per visit, and when they do get raises, it's per hour, so, you get an extra amount for one hour a week when you to the weekly meetings. They do not provide phones, nor do they reimburse for your phone use ... which can get rather expensive. No reimbursement for the time you spend driving or on the phone.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on the raise issues, you have wonderful staff. You are the only company that doesn't provide some type of reimbursement for phones or for work that is involved to provide adequate care to the patient. Monitor your offices more closely.

Worked for Intrepid USA? Contribute to the Community!