Intrepid USA

Updated August 10, 2014

2.5

Lynn Tilton
1 Rating

A Company with huge potential!

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Nashville, TN

Pros

Autonomy with structure and support from Corporate and Upper Management. Good work-life balance, Decent salaries.

Cons

No 401K match. Lack of Clinical Support, still paper-based with tons of paperwork.

Focus on Quality of Care and put a Clinical Director in place at the Corporate level that is progressive, passionate about Home Health, and wants to educate clinical staff. Put a Quality Coordinator in place for administrative/management staff.
      Invest your time and dollars into improving processes at agency levels, which includes progressing to electronic documentation.....it will save money and time in the long run, make processes much more efficient and increase quality AND revenue. Get rid of the awful McKesson system and update to Allscripts and Home Care Home Base. It will be worth the investment, enable you to collect revenue more timely and efficiently, which includes billing more timely. This is coming from someone that knows and has experience with this. Business Development Corporate management is supportive...at senior level, demoralizing. You will get much more out of your account executives by recognizing them and compensating them through a better bonus structure, rather than demoralizing them through intimidation. There is so much potential with this company with the right leadership in place.

CORPORATE OFFICE IS A JOKE

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

I have met a few people that are really great.

Cons

This is the most unorganized and dysfunctional company I have ever worked for. Upper management is clueless. They have closed 3 branches last month and laid off a manager. just this week 4 other upper management people have resigned. This is really sad because the managers that are left have no experience with the departments they have taken over. I will be leaving as soon as I find a new job. I would suggest not working here.

resign as soon as possible.

demotivating...

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

Pros

most of the sales managers are ok....just lack of motivation/desire to improve upon the 'status-quo'.....lots of "just give me a couple of months, and we will fix the issues...." --- nothing ever improves, b/c the company supports operations over sales growth/expansion....

Cons

very cheap commission structure that is based solely on F2F documentation with time constraints, they do not match your 401k, they give you a $400/mth car allowance - but don't pay you mileage, stuck in the 1980's/90's when it comes to technology, etc etc etc

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Rewarding, lots of challenges and room for growth.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Pros

Wonderful nurse with years of experience take care of the patients. The caring Social Workers touched the lives of those they went out to see. Caring and loving people work at this Home Health Company.

Cons

The company filed bankruptcy and lost some really good people.

Seek answers from staff, they actually go out and see the patients and would have the most up to date information (procedure).

A great opportunity to practice medical social work at Intrepid USA.

Current Employee - Medical Social Worker  in  Brownsville, TN
    Current Employee - Medical Social Worker in Brownsville, TN

Pros

This job allows you to set your own hours with the patients' approval.

Cons

Working PRN is a daily walk in accordance to how many hours available. There are no benefits attached to the PRN such as insurance, sick days, or vacation pay.

n/a

Good workers, still paper charting

Former Employee - RN/Case Manager  in  Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - RN/Case Manager in Nashville, TN

Pros

Good salary, nice coworkers, plenty of work (pay per visit)

Cons

Still paper charting!! No computerized charting.

Join the 21st century and get COMPUTERIZED

The worst company I have ever worked for.

Pros

None. I really can't think of anything. Worst year of my life.

Cons

Rude office staff, no direction from top down. Can't hold on to their therapists. One therapist to cover entire outlying areas of Birmingham.

Close the branch and start over somewhere else

This was a surprisingly disappointing experience.

Pros

The only positive thing about working for this company is the caregiver staff .... there are some staff who provide good patient care.

Cons

The company is ill equipped to handle the total care of the patient due to inability to provide the most current care / technology / programs.

Get up to speed with the competition in regard to patient services, employee salaries and overall positive care for all involved.

Disappointed in Dallas

Current Employee - Want to Keep My Job for Now  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Want to Keep My Job for Now in Dallas, TX

Pros

Im wondering that as I write this. Its a job I guess. I work with a lot of really nice people for the most part.

Cons

A few words on my background. I have been with corporate in Dallas now for over three years and have been happy overall until recently. Its become a girls club as of late and everyone can feel it. Management has cut people that should not have been cut for simply not being on the right side of the "click". Wondering about the dress code? Wear whatever you like and "Hope" you don't get a warning. If you get that warning, you are on the wrong side of the click. A lot of our mid management is getting the boot or leaving of their own accord and being replaced by people that do not come from health care. Friends of management are being hired simply because they know someone. No experience at all. We have all worked in place like this and I am a bit worried about my future here and for the company as a whole. That's aside from the no raises, lengthy hours, no management support...ect..

Its not your lowbie employees you have to worry about. Take a look at your mid to high level staff taking this company down. You are trading a lot of long term employees for people that have no idea what they are doing. Oh, and a raise every two or three years would be nice. Other than that, we are doing great.

Blind leading blind

Current Employee - RCD Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - RCD Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

a paycheck every 2 weeks

Cons

management and majority of staff have no clue what they're doing, big turnaround, lack of management skills and lack of caring what the issues are within a department. everyone does the bare minimum starting from the top. a company full of family members and friends brought over with no home health or healthcare background

getting management who have had some management background and will take time to understand what an employees job truly entails on a daily basis

Worked for Intrepid USA? Contribute to the Community!