Intrexon

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Randal J. Kirk

Cash rich company, but not good to employee

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Research Triangle Park, NC

ProsI thought they would expand

ConsYou never know what is upper managers thinking

Advice to Senior ManagementBe nice to employee

Poor management

R&D (Former Employee)

ProsHas great potential for development of cutting edge technologies and being a leader in synthetic biology

ConsLeadership is unfocused; lacks long term vision; poor communication with employees

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your employees

poor management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Blacksburg, VA

ProsPoor management with terrible work environment. Treat employee unfairly. Lay offs happened frequently. Boring work everyday. Don't waste your time.

ConsNo any help for carrier development.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employee fairly.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A rewardiing place to work

ProsGreat opportunity to work on cutting edge stuff
    Senior managers really care about their people and constantly evaluate how to make this a better place
    Lots of opportunities to get involved in different areas and make a difference in a fast paced company

ConsLots of new people so lots of people learning the ropes
    Multiple locations make cross coordinating with other groups difficult

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany should be more open to employee training and promoting from within

Bad place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNot sure if there is anything I can comment on

ConsFrequent lay offs, no proper leadership, train the employees to lose their confidence, favoritism, never treat employees well. Opportunities for career advancement were very political.

Hiring and firing occurs in the same month if you are really lucky!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementHigh time to realize that they are still holding talents and consider restructuring senior management.
    Try to treat employees as individuals.

It is a company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou will gain experience in your field of choice in a corporate environment that you should use in your search for another position elsewhere.

ConsIn the past there were constant seemingly random firings/layoffs that create a political and social enviroment that is dominated by fear ,secrecy and internal competition that does not create value for the company. As a human this is not a psychologically advantageous environment to spend much of your time in .

Exciting work, chaotic organization

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsInteresting work on many projects, some of them among the hottest and most cutting edge in biotech. Good scientists and research associates. Very strong leader of Health Sector.

ConsProjects change very rapidly. Top heavy at East Coast locations--VPs and Senior Directors involved in minutia. Lots of pressure from many directions.

Advice to Senior ManagementChill out a little, the work will get done on schedule.

Great environment to work in

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood people, interesting work, great culture, very supportive

ConsAfter releasing it's IPO, Intrexon decided to be all "hush hush" about its operations

Worst place I have ever worked. Stay far, far away.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Germantown, MD

ProsNice coworkers who are all searching for positions at other companies. Commute to Germantown is better than having to go farther south on 270. Good restuarants for lunch nearby.

ConsHorrible work environment. No direction, priorities change every day. Directors/VPs have no clue about science and even less about gene therapy. Maybe some of them should read the primary literature from 20 years ago so Intrexon would not continue to repeat past mistakes and waste unbelievable amounts of money. Layoffs happen every several months, at the same time new employees are being hired. There is such high turnover that no one there knows what studies have been done in the last year, let alone from company inception. Employees are running scared and the inept management has no clue why the morale is so bad. Worst place I have ever worked and I have been in biotech for over 25 years!

Advice to Senior ManagementShut down and cut your losses. There is no way to fix the horrible mess you have caused.

Company with great potential that going to wrong directions by bad management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people to work with. Small company.

ConsBad management. High number of lay-offs. Almost every 5-6 months. Dont care about employees.

Worked for Intrexon? Contribute to the Community!