Intrinsic Consulting

Matt Griffith

1. Supportive team environment with opportunity to learn new skills

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Intrinsic Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are some of the most welcoming and supportive I have ever known. Help with always there when you need and and they take a person interest in the development of their employees. Definitely opportunity to be successful for people who can get through training and utilize the coaching.

I also really like that there is an opportunity to travel to local and national business conferences.

Cons

Definitely not a good fit for everyone, but they take time to demonstrate to the responsibilities of the position to make sure they move forward with people who fully understand the position and are interested in it.

Advice to Management

The office space needs to be spruced up!

2. Not a bad starter job

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Framingham, MA

I worked at Intrinsic Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being your own boss, having built-in management training, learning about telecommunications, great networking opportunities, good resume building experience

Cons

Benefits (base salary, healthcare, automotive expenses) not provided. No PTO, no 401(k)(b) plans, no coverage if you become sick or injured on the job.

Advice to Management

Offer a base salary for talented and dedicated employees and take care of them-they will take care of you!

I have no respect for door to door sales.

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Framingham, MA

I worked at Intrinsic Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All of the training is done in-house by your peers, who can get just about anybody up to speed on product knowledge and sales systems. The atmosphere of the office is positive and fun, mostly because everyone who works there is in their early-mid twenties. Negotiating and closing are two very important job skills, and I really do think everybody should work some sort of sales job in their life. Working at Intrinsic is a fast way to get that experience.

Cons

Don't get me wrong, I learned a lot while working at Intrinsic Consulting/Sharp Acquisitions, but the bottom line is, direct sales is a gritty industry with a high turnover rate for a reason. The hours are long (60+ / week), it's 100% commission (so you might make over $1K in a week or you might only make a hundred bucks), there are no benefits and no vacation time. They will hire ANYBODY who will start, in hopes that their recruiting law of averages will score the company some long-term players. You are constantly being sold on the long term opportunity, a pie-in-the-sky goal of becoming a 'Senior National Consultant' making millions of dollars a year. Fact is, less than 5% of people who work for the umbrella company, Cydcor, actually make it into management, and very few managers make it into consultant-level positions. But the only way people will keep coming in is if they have faith that they can be super successful if they recruit and train enough new guys and then open up a new office as a manager.

Aside from the false image of opportunity, my biggest problem with Intrinsic was that I just wasn't passionate about the work. If you're a recent college graduate and you can't find a job in your field but you want to get dressed up in a suit every day and work your butt off for 10 hours a day 6 days a week like you're actually an employable professional, and you're okay having little to no time to see your friends or family because you're too busy knocking on doors trying to sell Verizon FiOS, then this is the place for you! Otherwise, find a respectable job and stay away from Intrinsic.

Advice to Management

Matt Griffith and Rebecca Lancaon are great people, but once people start catching on to how hard and unrewarding teaching and managing sales representatives it becomes very difficult for them to keep selling the opportunity. The whole "pay now, play later" thing sounds great at first but it just gets old pretty quick.

I more in two years than in my previous years in college and all my other jobs combined.

Current Employee - Account Representative in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Intrinsic Consulting

Pros

Positive Work environment, great management team and co-workers. The position is very challenging and rewarding. There is a lot of advancement opportunities for the top performing reps. There is plenty of travel opportunities to go to different leadership conferences and training. I wouldn't have landed the job I have now if it wasn't for all the training at intrinsic.

Cons

Down sides are that it's not the easiest job in the world. Everyday brings a new challenge and one has to be very resilient at times. But if someone is tough they will reap great rewards.

Advice to Management

Well, when I was working there they didn't offer a base plus commission which I would have liked when I first started. But through friends that I have that still work there they say they now offer that to new employees.

I learned a lot at Intrinsic, but ultimately could not afford to live off of what I made there.

Former Employee - Account Representative in Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Framingham, MA

I worked at Intrinsic Consulting

Pros

Energetic work environment, genuinely entertaining meetings, emphasis placed on growth and learning, the freedom to manage yourself on a day to day basis.

Cons

60+ hour work weeks, large amounts of driving, no reimbursement for fuel and meals, no health benefits, no days off, and 100% commission-based compensation for door-to-door sales.

Advice to Management

It's important to be up-front and honest with employees about the kind of work they are doing and the type of opportunities for advancement that are available.

7. Inspiring people, Energetic atmosphere, and wonderful opportunity!

I have been working at Intrinsic Consulting

Pros

Merit based, Training and mentoring provided, genuine people, health/dental benefits, rewarded/recognized for hard work

Cons

commission takes some getting used to, long days

Advice to Management

Management does a good job recognizing hard work and trying to help all their employees reach their goals

Fun, energetic atmosphere with outstanding growth potential

I worked at Intrinsic Consulting

Pros

It's a fun, energetic atmosphere where exeryone is excited, and really helps you to secceed. Your growth as an employee is inyour own hands, and is all dependent on how hard you work

Cons

There pay is based on 100% commission, and there are often long drives to reach potential clients. Gas is only reimbursed for certain mileage trips, so if your not working hard for your clients, you possibly not make any money

RSS Feed </> Embed