Intrinsyc Software

Intrinsyc Software Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tracy A. Rees

Intrinsyc is a great company to work for if you like programming for devices

Setup Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Intrinsyc Software

ProsIt was an challenging environment with very talented and decicated employees. They had some of the best medical and dental benefits that I have ever had. The work was appropriate for my skills and kept challenging me to learn more each day. The company is international and headquarted in Vancouver, BC, Canada. I thought this would be a detriment, but it didn't seem to be at all. The management flew around to all the locations to try and keep the employees abreast of the latest changes in the company and the software product lines. The vacation and sick time benefits were also very good.

ConsI did have many weeks where I would work way more than 40 hours. In the setup area I had to fix problems that might occur in the build of the setups at odd hours of the day and week, even weekends. So at times I was tied to my computer at work and after hours at home. If I left town for vacations, I usually took my laptop with me so that I could keep abreast of what was happening at work and make any changes when needed. Also, there were times when we could have been better kept knowlegeable of the product directions being sought by customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should have been more people keeping the employees up to date on product acceptance and things we could have done to make the products more enticing to the customers.

Trouble Ahead Here

Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Intrinsyc Software

ProsGood teamwork ethic and a customer centric product team driven to perform. Some solid engineering talent remains, although the brain drain is rapidly becoming evident. Caring employees with a desire to succeed.

ConsExecutive management continues to manage for the very near term. A culture of pursuing opportunities that are outside the core competence of the company results in sacrificing stability and consistency. Chronically behind in scheduled deliveries to customers. Layoffs have decimated the company leaving little expertise in core businesses and emerging technologies. Sales team seems unfocused and could use serious upgrades.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is time to stop cutting corners. Either sell off your assets and return some value to shareholders or put some needed emphasis on building the business.

Intrinsyc Software outsources to China

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Bellevue, WA

I worked at Intrinsyc Software

ProsThe benefits were great especially the health care benefits. Also a nice group of people to work with.

ConsVery bad management decisions in the last year. Gave away services to a potential customer with no guarantee of a return. Bought a small company in China and proceed to lay off the entire Bellevue office and outsource jobs to China. Tacky. Upper management to far removed from the people who actually do all the work.

Advice to Senior ManagementScrum is a waste of time. Passing up good people for promotion and hiring from outside is bad for morale especially considering the quality of people who were hired. Need better sales people too.

My time at Intrinsyc Software

Marketing Communications Manager (Former Employee)
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Intrinsyc Software full-time for more than a year

ProsIntrinsyc provided a pretty good company culture and the matching of RRSPs was a nice perk. I did like management, but I hear there have been some changes made since the time I was there.

ConsMatching RRSP contributions only at the end of the year didn't work in my favour when laid off.

On the leading edge of technology

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Intrinsyc Software full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAn opportunity to work on the latest and greatest technology from Intel, Qualcomm, Broadcom, Freescale, TI, Nvidia, and others. Always something new and challenging to work on.

ConsCompany is cheap. Salaries and benefits are good, but work environment is just OK, and the company doesn't invest to grow, so you are always a little nervous about the future.

Advice to Senior ManagementCEO is driving force in company, particularly working strategic partnerships and sales, however he doesn't seem to have much support. or authority to invest in business. You need to invest in Sales, R&D and marketing to grow the business.

good work environment

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)

Prosinteresting work
bonuses are good
like working for engineering manager and CEO

Consfuture of company is uncertain
office could be nicer

Advice to Senior Managementneed some new equipment and office furniture - maybe move to a better location

consider the amount of change!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Intrinsyc Software

ProsLots to learn
Opportunities to take on challenges
Some exceptionally talented people
Some people who really care to make something happen

ConsConsider how much the company has changed when reading any of these reviews -- very little that anyone says might apply today! This company has been through huge changes in the business, in the management team, etc....

Advice to Senior Managementit will be interesting to see the next iteration of this company -- I'd like to see it survive and be able to rebuild.

Not Bad, But a little Aimless

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsTalented co-workes
Good teamwork between the co-workers
Developing on different devices all the time.

ConsContracting in a highly competitive market - quick patch jobs, mostly maintenance work.
Company had made some interesting decisions attempting to get product ideas off the ground.

Advice to Senior ManagementYes, products can make money but the contracting has been bringing in the money.

Interesting and challenging work, inspiring leaders

Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Intrinsyc Software

ProsVariety of interesting projects. Salaries are good. CEO leads from the front, doesn't act like he is above everyone. Friendly atmosphere. management is very focused on results and performance - no politics.

Consno pay raise this year. move from downtown to Vancouver to less congested area. give bonuses for on-site work at a customer location

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease salaries or bonus for engineers since the company is now profitable. invest in more product development for the future.

Great company for software developers to work for. The technical challenges make it interesting!

Software Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Intrinsyc Software

ProsThey pay a great salary and great benefits. Work time is extremely flexible, and you can take time off whenever you want. It's very stress free. There are a lot of smart and friendly people, and many are team players and help each other out. The senior management leading the company have good integrity and competance.

ConsSome middle managers (one in particular) aren't that bright or respectful to employees. Sometimes there's not enough work for people to do, which is a bit unmotivating.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the new employee training program, make new employees feel welcome, more social events, and instill a culture of excellence in employees. Management should be role models for how employees act, and should care more about their work.

Worked for Intrinsyc Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intrinsyc Software reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Intrinsyc Software CEO Tracy A. Rees. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Intrinsyc Software employees.