Intrinsyc Software Reviews

1. Excellent company with good embedded software technology capabiliities

Former Employee - Senior Programmer in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Programmer in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Intrinsyc Software

Pros

Benefits, salary and work-life balance were all good.

Cons

Ability to respond to changes in business realities was very limiting

2. Trouble Ahead Here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Intrinsyc Software

Pros

Good teamwork ethic and a customer centric product team driven to perform. Some solid engineering talent remains, although the brain drain is rapidly becoming evident. Caring employees with a desire to succeed.

Cons

Executive management continues to manage for the very near term. A culture of pursuing opportunities that are outside the core competence of the company results in sacrificing stability and consistency. Chronically behind in scheduled deliveries to customers. Layoffs have decimated the company leaving little expertise in core businesses and emerging technologies. Sales team seems unfocused and could use serious upgrades.

Advice to Management

It is time to stop cutting corners. Either sell off your assets and return some value to shareholders or put some needed emphasis on building the business.

3. Intrinsyc Software outsources to China

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Intrinsyc Software

Pros

The benefits were great especially the health care benefits. Also a nice group of people to work with.

Cons

Very bad management decisions in the last year. Gave away services to a potential customer with no guarantee of a return. Bought a small company in China and proceed to lay off the entire Bellevue office and outsource jobs to China. Tacky. Upper management to far removed from the people who actually do all the work.

Advice to Management

Scrum is a waste of time. Passing up good people for promotion and hiring from outside is bad for morale especially considering the quality of people who were hired. Need better sales people too.

5. Intrinsyc is a great company to work for if you like programming for devices

Current Employee - Setup Engineer
    Current Employee - Setup Engineer

I have been working at Intrinsyc Software

Pros

It was an challenging environment with very talented and decicated employees. They had some of the best medical and dental benefits that I have ever had. The work was appropriate for my skills and kept challenging me to learn more each day. The company is international and headquarted in Vancouver, BC, Canada. I thought this would be a detriment, but it didn't seem to be at all. The management flew around to all the locations to try and keep the employees abreast of the latest changes in the company and the software product lines. The vacation and sick time benefits were also very good.

Cons

I did have many weeks where I would work way more than 40 hours. In the setup area I had to fix problems that might occur in the build of the setups at odd hours of the day and week, even weekends. So at times I was tied to my computer at work and after hours at home. If I left town for vacations, I usually took my laptop with me so that I could keep abreast of what was happening at work and make any changes when needed. Also, there were times when we could have been better kept knowlegeable of the product directions being sought by customers.

Advice to Management

There should have been more people keeping the employees up to date on product acceptance and things we could have done to make the products more enticing to the customers.

6. Great place to work

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Intrinsyc Software

Pros

Interesting work, good training, excellent leadership.

Cons

Pay and benefits could be a little higher.

7. Once upon a time....

Former Employee - Developer in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Developer in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Intrinsyc Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People were generally cool to work with; we had the occasional anger-management case and a raging alcoholic or two, but things were usually smoothed over or fixed.

Cons

Management was cheap like creamed wheat.

Advice to Management

Don't be so cheap. When you look at R&D versus Sales and Marketing (also known as S&M), you see how much money goes to each. Programmers get cool stuff, the marketing and sales people enjoy lavish lunches, and the lower-end of the food chain is either eating a slice of pizza or out of a contain brought from home. If you want loyalty in business in this city, you'd better be willing to pay for it.

8. My time at Intrinsyc Software

Former Employee - Marketing Communications Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Marketing Communications Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Intrinsyc Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Intrinsyc provided a pretty good company culture and the matching of RRSPs was a nice perk. I did like management, but I hear there have been some changes made since the time I was there.

Cons

Matching RRSP contributions only at the end of the year didn't work in my favour when laid off.

9. On the leading edge of technology

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Intrinsyc Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

An opportunity to work on the latest and greatest technology from Intel, Qualcomm, Broadcom, Freescale, TI, Nvidia, and others. Always something new and challenging to work on.

Cons

Company is cheap. Salaries and benefits are good, but work environment is just OK, and the company doesn't invest to grow, so you are always a little nervous about the future.

Advice to Management

CEO is driving force in company, particularly working strategic partnerships and sales, however he doesn't seem to have much support. or authority to invest in business. You need to invest in Sales, R&D and marketing to grow the business.

10. good work environment

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Intrinsyc Software

Pros

interesting work
    bonuses are good
    like working for engineering manager and CEO

Cons

future of company is uncertain
    office could be nicer

Advice to Management

need some new equipment and office furniture - maybe move to a better location

11. consider the amount of change!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Intrinsyc Software

Pros

Lots to learn
    Opportunities to take on challenges
    Some exceptionally talented people
    Some people who really care to make something happen

Cons

Consider how much the company has changed when reading any of these reviews -- very little that anyone says might apply today! This company has been through huge changes in the business, in the management team, etc....

Advice to Management

it will be interesting to see the next iteration of this company -- I'd like to see it survive and be able to rebuild.

RSS Feed </> Embed