Intuit

3.8
1,649 Reviews

Intuit President & CEO Brad Smith
Brad Smith

Pros
  • Work life balance is excellent and there are a lot of opportunities to move within the company (in 327 reviews)

• Great benefits and opportunities for lateral moves within the company (in 154 reviews)

Cons
  • Steep learning curve makes work-life balance hard to find when you're new (in 51 reviews)

• Middle management does not have a clue on overall long-term direction of support departments (in 45 reviews)

More Highlights

803 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Best company I've ever worked for

Former Employee - Art Director in Woodland Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Art Director in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture, they truly care about their employees. I didn't know how good I had it until they sold off my business unit. The best benefits, stock options, espp, health care, we care and give back charity hours, yearly gym incentives, beautiful offices.

Cons

Looking back, the only cons were just like any other corporate environment. Lots of meetings, acronyms etc but that's with any large org.

Keep on keepin' on, I really enjoy seeing the transformation to a design focused company from the outside. Brad is a very charismatic leader and that goes such a long way.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Director of Product Management in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Director of Product Management in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit

Pros

Very customer focused. Empowers employees to solve for the customer. Treats employees well… resources, benefits and career growth

Cons

Decisions can slow to make

Really great culture for learning and early career development

Current Employee - Rotational Development Program Associate in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

As a rotational associate you get to work on things and in roles that you're utterly unqualified to do based on experience. Great opportunity to learn and grow.

Cons

Intuit is a 31 year old company and the culture is a bit older than a lot of the hot tech cos in the valley. I'd also say that a big problem is that we build a product that many of us haven't had to use out in the wild as small business owners. It's not like making a consumer product. That's why a lot of young folks head toward Mint.com.

We're heavy in the middle.

Great company to work for.

Former Employee - Contractor in Woodland Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Contractor in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at Intuit as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Employees work together and collaborate well, compensation and benefits are solid, good support and colleagues are bright, intelligent people that have lots of intellectual capital to share.

Cons

No hiring opportunities for my chosen department.

Create a sense of vision, leadership, empowerment and job security with your teams.

Is this the last employer of my career?

Current Employee - Director in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Three months now, and I think I finally found my last employer.
    Best kept secret in San Diego.
    Warm welcome for veterans via the IMN and several leaders who are military veterans.
    The friendliest culture I have ever been a part of.

Cons

Adjusting to a "go slow, to go fast" pace. Inquiry without Advocacy is a core competency and I'm not good at it yet.
    Several folks who have been here for 10+ years are clearly not right for the next chapter.
    Lack of internal resources (Core Corp Functions), data/information, and world class processes.

Cut your B players.
    Hire more from world class companies.
    Invest in the core...it's slowing our growth down.
    Flatten the org, and reduce total cost of workforce by injecting university talent, and transitioning military talent. Grow your own.

Pretty satisfactory for a long-haul.

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Environment, Culture, Customer Focus, Benefits, Stocks

Cons

Politics (the subtle one), Speed at which things move, Innovation in new areas

Get your product manager and the leadership from engineering background than pure MBAs and a lot of things will probably be fixed. Your commercial and marketing innovation is great but product and technical innovation sucks...

House of Cards

Former Employee - Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good products. Positive move into the cloud space. Stock price continues to rise. Lots of well-intentioned people. Nice campus, amenities and total rewards package. Great set of values, but... (see below)

Cons

You need to be politically savvy to survive and move up. See and be seen. Smile and wave at the right people. Beware pushing back or being blunt...the emperors are naked. Company values are openly violated by toxic leaders. HR department is complicit and/or lacking courage.

Several highly toxic top execs recently departed...but not before they chased aware/fired/demotivated/jaded many, many good employees. This is an open secret in the ranks...if you upset the wrong senior political force, you are done. Is this the culture you really want to aspire to?

Service and Support Representative

Current Employee - Service & Support Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Service & Support Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, steady schedule, and a lot of great people. PTO only grows, the longer you've been here and everyone beyond the direct customer interaction has a lot of passion.

Cons

Leadership is rarely clear on what the overall plan for people in the lower level. It is very difficult to grow in the company and a lot of hard work is overlooked. Many of the lower end representatives put little to no effort into their work, which is very frustrating.

Stale and bureaucratic

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good processes in product management and engineering.

Cons

No clue in other functional areas outside of product management and engineering/prod dev. PM-led innovation. No customer service or partnership competency. Very low customer satisfaction level.

Clean house at the highest level. The biggest problem is that your senior leadership is outdated, inexperienced and/or incentivized to do the wrong things.

Amazing Work-Life Balance

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The company honors the entire needs of an individual, and creates norms around work-life balance, including promoting exercise, family time and other well-being measures. Amazing culture in that respect.

Cons

The company moves slowly at times, and in certain divisions. The approval process is confusing and overly-complicated.

I would encourage the middle managers to shorten up the approval process in order to get more innovations flowing through the company.