Intuit

3.7 1,348 reviews

Intuit President & CEO Brad Smith

Brad Smith

1,348 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work-life balance, competitive compensation mostly strong exec team"
    in 281 reviews
  • "Decent salary/Good work life balance/Great benefits"
    in 117 reviews
Cons:
  • "The widely praised work-life balance varies on the project you are working on and the goals set by your manager"
    in 37 reviews
  • "Senior management is typically only in your corner if you agree to whatever they say"
    in 42 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Easily the best company I have ever worked for

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)
Englewood, CO

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than a year

ProsIntuit has an awesome culture, and a set of values that they actually stick to. I love the fact that employees get 4 PAID days off every year to volunteer, gym membership and tuition reimbursement, and awesome health benefit options. Also, 125% matching 401K and a great employee stock purchase program. Management is upbeat, the company is solid, and I feel like I have found my home. I get to plan our office's yearly trip to the mountains to kick off the fiscal year, and we get lunches and prizes all the time. We also have an awesome new game room. :-)

ConsIf you don't deal well with change, this isn't the place for you. Intuit is constantly changing to keep up with competition and improve our numbers, and some people don't like that.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing, and bring more business groups to Englewood!

Technical Support Trainner

Technical Support Trainner (Former Employee)
Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time for more than 5 years

ProsPassion, good salary, intelleget colleagues, variety of applications, Executive team cares about employees, customers, working facilities are the best, excellent benefits

ConsVery fast pace company with explosive growth (most people would not like, but I loved)!

Advice to Senior ManagementNever take your eye off caring for the customer. Keep executives involved with the frontline teams!

software engineer

Staff Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time for less than a year

Prosgreat with respect to values and culture

Consnet benefits and time off are less

One of the few good place to work with in SD

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than 5 years

Proscomfy working environment
awesome peers to work with
impressed on how much resources/investment they put in quality here

ConsYou really have to have a very good manager to fight promotion for you here. It's quite independent on what or how much you had worked hard on. Seems to heavily depend on whether your manager has strong say or not, that said, no fair promotion game =(

Good company for passionate engineers

I have been working at Intuit

ProsDecent salary/Good work life balance/Great benefits

ConsImmigration is very bad. They do not sponsor GC in EB2 even for qualified engineers.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your immigration policy.

Great place to work

I have been working at Intuit

Prosopen collaborative environment, transparent communications, great mobility options

Constoo much consensus requried to move forward

Soft Engg

Soft Engineer (Former Employee)
Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood company to work for

Conssome people play politics in the company

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up good work

Ok place to work, no advancement opportunities

Customer Service and Support Specialist (Current Employee)
Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBenefits, perks, business casual . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

ConsNo room for advancement, lay folks off for no apparent reason. No sense of job security. Low wages, not equal pay for equal work. Senior managers have not a clue.

Love Intuit But Avoid QuickBase

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Cambridge, MA

I worked at Intuit full-time for more than a year

ProsIntuit has very strong core values around leadership, customer care and empathy and community service (to name just a few). The company offers great compensation and benefits and promotes 10% time in which you can take on pet projects that help the business but also helps the individual grow their careers. The QuickBase team hires great talent (for the most part) and you'll work with talented peers in the technical functions.

ConsThe QuickBase product is managed largely by Marketing, who receive many of the resources and make many of the decisions around the company. This would normally be fine but Marketing management in Cambridge is inept and have stubbed their toes in too many projects and strategies to be trusted. The Marketing arm also handles the operational teams at QuickBase and this leads to colossal issues with project execution, leading to tying up valuable resources unnecessarily.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace Marketing management in order to develop a strategy that the group can stand behind. Then, allow the product and engineering teams to lead more efforts around the company whether it be strategy or execution. There is real talent in these areas and if more resources were put toward this, the team would be much more successful.

Sales Manager

Sales Manager (Current Employee)
Reno, NV

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSolid products and with good a user interface

ConsSenior management a few years ago was very out of touch with the employees and constantly changing.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make changes just to make changes

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!

Intuit Videos

Intuit – Why Work for Us?

If you're ready to create, innovate and be part of something big, then you've come to the right place. Our passion for innovation allows us to take risks and try new, ingenious ways to help our customers achieve their… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intuit reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Intuit CEO Brad Smith. All 1,348 reviews posted anonymously by Intuit employees.