Intuit
3.7 of 5 1,344 reviews
www.intuit.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

Intuit Reviews

Pros:
  • "Good pay, opportunity to learn, good work / life balance, good career management"
    in 265 reviews
  • "Great benefits- fitness incentive paid for my annual gym membership"
    in 128 reviews
Cons:
  • "The widely praised work-life balance varies on the project you are working on and the goals set by your manager"
    in 37 reviews
  • "Small business division still suffers from slowing growth"
    in 19 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good career move

I have been working at Intuit

ProsGreat benefits and culture. Great people as well.

ConsDIfficult to be move up

Politics and spin

I have been working at Intuit

Pros- Compensation is good
- Benefits are good
- Work-life balance
- Important customer problems are being solved
- Recognized name and brands

ConsYou are going to be happy at Intuit if you are a robot who spits out the latest buzz words and does as she is told. if you express a different opinion, you are black listed. Real results are not valued, you are evaluated based on your level of obedience.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your eyes and recognize what is important - free thought that moves the company forward or corporate spin by middle management.

great place to be

Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Prospeople, benefit, work, career growth

Conscompetitions, locations, is too far

Love Intuit

Rotational Development Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Intuit

ProsGiven lots of freedom and responsibility. Lots of exposure to high-level leadership. Competitive compensation for a job right out of school. Fantastic to have the opportunity to try 4 different roles within your first 2 years out of college

ConsProducts aren't as sexy as some other tech companies...but that is in your control...

Advice to Senior ManagementThe RDP program is a great source of information regarding upcoming technologies and start-ups. Don't hesitate to reach out to any of the associates on a 0ne-on-one basis or put together a group event.

not such a great place to work

I have been working at Intuit

Prostelecommuting (if your manager approves)
benefits beyond medical/dental/vision

Conspoor leadership
no growth potential
promotions to underqualified
inequitable pay
too many tools get in the way of work

Advice to Senior Managementtake a closer look at middle management. find out the real reason why good people are leaving the company.

They really care about developing young talent.

I have been working at Intuit

ProsYoung employees are valued and expected to make an immediate impact. You are trained well and the culture is extremely supportive of life/work balance.

ConsThey don't offer free food like Google.

Balanced

Product Manager (Current Employee)
Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros- Leadership quickly trusts you with a substantial amount of responsibility and treat you with respect
- Work/life balance is incredible
- Praise for your work is abundant
- Multitude of exciting and innovative initiatives developing within the company

Cons- Because of the large corporate nature of the company, things tend to get backlogged and delays and nonresponse should be expected
- Experiences really vary by business unit and team; I don't think this can be helped given the varying products we offer, including B2B and consumer products, old school software like TurboTax and QuickBooks and new SaaS offerings like Mint

Advice to Senior Management- Coming from an extremely competitive college environment, I almost feel that the work ethic is lacking. Work/life balance is extremely important but sometimes we need to keep our heads down and just work work work.
- Beware of buzz words. I support our social, global, mobile mission, but we should not be doing things just because it fulfills one of the three. It has to make business sense first. We also need to ensure a thorough understanding of what these three guiding principles mean.

Great place to work if you spend time managing your career

Product Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Intuit

ProsGood people, competitive compensation. Lots of smart people who you can learn a lot from. Everyone is respectful and the company does make an effort to help employees with work/life balance.

ConsInconsistent management abilities - some senior managers are great, others make you question their decision making. Absolutely no plan when it comes to career development - most managers don't have the time or make the effort to discuss career development with you. Career advancement is not based on results but rather who you know and the reputation you build.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micro-managing and start trusting your front line folks more. Granted some oversight is needed but don't choke innovation and put barriers in front of people.

Brilliant Leaders, smart people, great place to work- Will work long hours!

Group Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Intuit

ProsSenior Management is truly one of the best out there...Motivating speakers, transparent and clear on strategy and goals, always open to employee ideas.

ConsYou better learn to manage up! At the Sr. Manager level and above you better learn what is important to your Directors, and focus on that! If you do not make an effort to be known by your boss's peers, your boss will have a hard time getting you a promotion during calibration. During yearly calibration sessions (what determines your rating, pay, and bonus) the opinions of your boss's peers will influence your overall rating and pay.... dont focus on what you think is important, make sure you focus on what THEY think is important.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter training for mid level management. You can't expect a person to go from an individual contributor, to a manager, without giving him/her the tools they need to be successful.

Good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Intuit

Pros-360 performance review
-spotlight awards
-employee mobility

Cons-politics (but every company has it)

Advice to Senior Management-retain your top employees, manage out the low performers.

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!

Intuit Videos

Intuit – Why Work for Us?

If you're ready to create, innovate and be part of something big, then you've come to the right place. Our passion for innovation allows us to take risks and try new, ingenious ways to help our customers achieve their… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intuit reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Intuit CEO Brad Smith. All 53 reviews posted anonymously by Intuit employees.