Intuit

3.8
1,649 Reviews

Intuit President & CEO Brad Smith
Brad Smith

Pros
  • Work life balance is excellent and there are a lot of opportunities to move within the company (in 327 reviews)

• Great benefits and opportunities for lateral moves within the company (in 154 reviews)

Cons
  • Steep learning curve makes work-life balance hard to find when you're new (in 51 reviews)

• Middle management does not have a clue on overall long-term direction of support departments (in 45 reviews)

More Highlights

9 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Get out before they sell

Former Employee - L3 Support in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - L3 Support in Englewood, CO

I worked at Intuit full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, great people, and amazing products.

Cons

Value of benefits is added to your total compensation, so you really make 20K less than you think.

Stop hiring outside executives that don't care about customer service or taking pride in the Intuit brand.

Easily the best company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Intuit has an awesome culture, and a set of values that they actually stick to. I love the fact that employees get 4 PAID days off every year to volunteer, gym membership and tuition reimbursement, and awesome health benefit options. Also, 125% matching 401K and a great employee stock purchase program. Management is upbeat, the company is solid, and I feel like I have found my home. I get to plan our office's yearly trip to the mountains to kick off the fiscal year, and we get lunches and prizes all the time. We also have an awesome new game room. :-)

Cons

If you don't deal well with change, this isn't the place for you. Intuit is constantly changing to keep up with competition and improve our numbers, and some people don't like that.

Keep doing what you are doing, and bring more business groups to Englewood!

Feel Appreciated at Intuit

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company takes time to listen to feedback and acts on it relatively quickly. They pride themselves on employee feedback participation and acknowledge all major concerns within each business unit. The social events matter to Intuit, as with any company, so expect to be spoiled a little.

Cons

This technology company runs like a small business rather than a corporation: be prepared to bob-and-weave like a small company. Change is constant.

Continue to keep the micro-management to a minimum and remember to keep the snack bar stocked.

I learned a great deal about saas

Current Employee - Sales/CS in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Sales/CS in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The benefits are absolutely amazing. The people I worked with were terrific and the management was outstanding.

Cons

It was a call center environment and I am used to being out and about or working from home.

I feel your management style is spot on (no micro management) but plenty of help when needed. I also found constant training to be beneficial.

Could have been better

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Englewood, CO

I worked at Intuit full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent work environment,good benefits and pay.

Cons

The managers are quite unrealistic of there expectations. They push sales like no other and expect way too much for what the position entails.

Get better qualified, and act like people!

Not bad... for a large corporation

Former Employee - Senior Technical Support Engineer in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Support Engineer in Englewood, CO

I worked at Intuit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits
    HQ sounds nice
    Has potential

Cons

Middle management
    Corporate waste
    Customers suffer
    Needs better org

Remember why you're there. Hint: It's not all about you and your next stepping stone.

Great company to work for except the website divison

Former Employee - Web Advisor in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Web Advisor in Englewood, CO

I worked at Intuit full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great comp & benefits, lots of upward mobility (unless you're stuck in websites.) Solid corp values and strategic vision. Talking with other employees across the country and Canada it seems they are all supported and have access to the resources to be successful.

Cons

Websites was acquired in 2007 but viewed as a red headed step child - for good reason. Management is selfish and only looking to further their career while good people sit on the outside looking in at a great company.

Get rid of websites upper and lower management and replace with people who care about their employees and the business' success.

A call center with mixed signals.

Current Employee - Intuit Web Advisor in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Intuit Web Advisor in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are good, with a matching stock and 401(k) contribution. Innovative company, highly creative.

Cons

Not forthcoming about the direction your department is going. They tell you that everything is great and not to worry, we are growing, and then shut down an entire office on the east coast and reduce the work force from 200 down to roughly 30 within 12 months.

Promotions are not based on skill, or merit but who your kids go to school with. Compensation is based on sales performance but your metrics are based on surveys that use a flawed system of recording. People were fired based on a survey result that referred to a "she" but the person who got fired was a man.

It is a shame that we all must suffer while you are trying to figure out what you want the company to do. You seem to pick a direction, then change your mind and then change your mind again. We are a an awesome group of people as soon as you figure out what you want to do.

Intuit Englewood

Current Employee - IPSS in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - IPSS in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Great Benefits, young people to work around most are clever and earned their job. Safe work environment, laid back company to work for, you can slide under the radar if you are smart enough.

Cons

Boys club, hired on who likes who not if you are qualified. Can't clearly communicate goals, terrible at forecasting expected growth and need to support it. Not a good place to launch your career as you will go nowhere fast.

Listen to your employees, the customer base is who we work for, but make work life enjoyable. Help new hires achieve career goals, don't just fixate upon yourself.