Intuit Reviews in Mountain View, CA

3.9
1,596 Reviews

Intuit President & CEO Brad Smith
Brad Smith

Pros
  • Work life balance is excellent and there are a lot of opportunities to move within the company (in 319 reviews)

• Great benefits and opportunities for lateral moves within the company (in 148 reviews)

Cons
  • Steep learning curve makes work-life balance hard to find when you're new (in 48 reviews)

• Middle management does not have a clue on overall long-term direction of support departments (in 44 reviews)

More Highlights

467 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Place to work with good benefits and fun atmosphere

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Best Company I have worked with, Great Work Culture, Great Colleagues, Growing Technology, Good Benefits, Great Place to work , Supports Diversity.

Cons

Huge Orgs and sometimes Frequent re-orgs so you have to be very adaptive in working with a new manager every couple of years.

Similar UI experience across all products will make the customers WOW. No one seems to pay enough attention to how products sold by the same company have different interaction workflows and are confusing to the customer.

Smart leaders, good product. Warning- Poor Immigration policy

Former Employee - Technical Data Analyst in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Data Analyst in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Smart people, challenging work and decent benefits. If you are lucky you may work directly with inspiring leaders directly.

Cons

They have internal rules for Green card policy which is not at all in sync in with USCIS .In most cases, its a flat EB3 policy for all job titles unless you have a title "staff software engineer" ONLY.

Change your immigration policy if you want to attract and retain smart talent. Your immigration policy is conservative , inaccurately interpreted and hurts more than helps.

Great company benefits, going through internal changes

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits -- health plans, salary, bonuses, RSUs, healthy lower-cost entrees in cafeterias. Great CEO. 10% time for innovation projects encourages out-of-the-box thinking on new solutions (but not driverless cars!).

Cons

Company is trying to move from a company of companies to one Intuit and it's a hard transition. Layoffs, reorgs, speeches, and many powerpoint presentations don't make it easy to change. 401k match doesn't vest for two years.

Managers are not checking in with employees on work/life balance. I didn't see improvement after the Annual Employee Survey. The company, and Brad, are great, but it's not cascading down.

Software Developer

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work life balance. Cool people. Nice work environment.

Cons

Steady pace. Management is slow to react. Takes time to get promote.

Be faster. Need to be more aggressive.

Good place to work

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

really cares about its employees
    trying to really innovate and moving to the cloud

Cons

slow to make decisions as its a very collaborative environment so may be frustrating for someone who wants things done quickly

Great Benefits. Perfect Work Life Culture

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome Benefits, Flexible, Great Co-workers

Cons

Too frequent changes to management. Hard to penetrate into the inner circle

Currently, they need a big innovation to keep up with the current world.

Best Place to work!

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I can't believe how much I enjoy working for Intuit. Pay and benefits are great, but the culture is everything. My friends find it hard to believe that a company that makes financial software could be so fun. We have a strong culture for giving back to the community, and sr leadership is highly engaged and supportive.

Cons

There are a lot of cons really. At times the company be a little bit meeting heavy, but it's not the end of the world and I have felt that at most places I've worked.

Keep it up!

A great company has lost its way -but there is still hope.

Former Employee - Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great market position, great assets, lots of growth potential if the company can execute. There seems to be good integrity and intent at the CEO level. At the highest level the company is trying to move int the right direction. With some soul-searching at this level the company could find itself and continue to thrive. There are still some great teams -- just about anyone would be lucky to work there.

Cons

Intuit is going the wrong way in.comparatively rewarding outcomes versus posturing. The slide decks look great but detailed plans are hopelessly lacking. Lots of the best people have been purged in the many routine layoffs, so the atmosphere of trust and the "we're all in this together" spirit have evaporated. Be aware that no matter what, you may be next., in good times as well as bad. Also, know that even if you find one of those very good teams -- you may be plucked and moved to another by an executive many levels away who (1) has no idea as to your skills or (2) no understanding of the actual business or technical needs of either team and (3) doesn't care what you might want.

Look more closely past the smooth talking and at actual outcomes of your executives.

Intuit is a mixed bag

Current Employee - Manager II in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Manager II in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, Good Pay. As I mentioned in my title, its a mixed bag. You can end up working on one of the cutting edge organizations or get mired down in the old school bureaucracy inherent with large companies (IT, CTO).

Cons

Tough to get anything done. For example, getting a server into production generally takes 3-4 months. Big company, too much bureaucracy slowing deliveries.

Solve your IT delivery issues (Hardware, ACL's, AARB). Stop forcing your business units into solutions created by CTO which as sub par. This path slows everyone down and creates a hug solution which is not flexible, and is also a single bottleneck (or point of failure).

Moves slow

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good work life balance, lots of amenities (gym, cafeteria, catering, caltrain shuttle)

Cons

Lacks strategic vision, redundancy in work, not super innovative, track record of mis-handling integration of acquisitions

Needs more management training