Intuit

Intuit President & CEO Brad Smith

Brad Smith

25 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Politics Politics Politics!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Reno, NV

ProsPay was okay. They provided lunch often.

ConsMiddle management is rude and go out of their way to belittle staff same. Employees not determined upon the best stats, rather who lathers the supervisors with the most praise. Co-workers disconnect customers. Middle management is aware of agents dismissing customers yet, these people are rewarded because they make their supervisors look good. They monitor everything you including this web site to make themselves look great. Notice for every negative comment there is at least 2 or 3 that state how wonderful the company is. When in actuality many customers are dissatisfied because it takes 2 - 3 calls to get there issues resolved. It’s all about politics not the how well the job is performed!

Excellent benefits - until they don't need you anymore

Programmer Analyst (Former Employee)
    Reno, NV

ProsThey pay well and the overall compensation package is attractive.

ConsI worked for Intuit for 5 years. They are good to their employees as long as they need them. But they are brutal when it comes to eliminating positions. If they decide you're not needed anymore, they will make up any excuse to get rid of you. I saw employees with 20 or 25 years of service being treated like dirt at the end. At a satellite office in Fallon, Nevada, employees had no idea the office was closing until they showed up for work on a Monday and the doors were locked. For a company that does so many things right, there are some areas where they are just awful.

Sales Manager

Sales Manager (Current Employee)
    Reno, NV

ProsSolid products and with good a user interface

ConsSenior management a few years ago was very out of touch with the employees and constantly changing.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make changes just to make changes

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company, still a corporation

Full Service Payroll Customer Service Support Agent (Current Employee)
    Reno, NV

ProsVery good benefits. Good teamwork and camaraderie.

ConsThey try to make you feel they care, but you are still a number. You have to play the game.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to be fare. You might be letting go very professional people.

You earn your pay!

Technical Support Representative (Current Employee)
    Reno, NV

ProsBenefits, location, knowledge, team members

Consstress, training, backup, searching for answers

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to employees!

Lots of good times, but a lot of politics

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Reno, NV

ProsGood benefits, interesting work, depending on where you work some opportunity to share ideas for improvement.

ConsManagement changes directions often which doesn't allow new ideas to stick. Lots of politics, the minute somebody in upper management targets you (with or without reason) watch out.

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk for input from the people on the front lines- they have great ideas and know what the customers want and need.

Managers are great communicators, not very good executors

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Reno, NV

ProsIntuit has excellent benefits. They pay at or above market for similar work other places. They have a well-organized training department to ensure employees are skilled on their products. Very flexible hours for employees with special requirements.

ConsI worked as a customer service rep that was going through a management transition. One of the manager was extremely high maintenance and drove away some experienced employees by being aggressive and extremely discourteous. This manager was seen as a key person in the transition, so was protected from any repercussions from his actions. The morale of my department was shattered. Upper management knew of the problems but refused to remedy them.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy department manager seemed paralyzed by the dramatics occurring in his department. He tried to be open and frank about the problems but failed to move to address any of them. Eventually the problem manager left the company, and only then did the department manager take steps to try to recover the morale of the team.

Intuit hasn't joined the major league yet.

Reno, NV

ProsThe benefits are good, although the cost to employees is increasing.

ConsIt sometimes seems like Intuit is a second rate company. I've worked for other companies, and Intuit is just not in the same league.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay focused on the company's core principles and don't be so overly concerned with Wall Street.

A "Wow!" company with so many positives

(Former Employee)
    Reno, NV

ProsSo many positives were seen during my years at Intuit. The only reason I left was due to a decision to outsource my unit, which was probably a good choice. Intuit offers so much... good leadership, good potential, good intent in their markets, good employees, good training, good challenges... where does it stop?

ConsAbout the only con is if you get a rotten or just mediocre manager, which can happen but is rare for Intuit. Burnout from the hard work is possible... be certain to take your time off. Otherwise, continue to have fun while working hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up your good leadership.

Intuit is one big family with amazing values

Sales and Service Manager (Current Employee)
    Reno, NV

ProsThe encourage employees to go beyond their scope and try new things.

ConsCommunication could be improved across business units

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!

Intuit Videos

Intuit – Why Work for Us?

If you're ready to create, innovate and be part of something big, then you've come to the right place. Our passion for innovation allows us to take risks and try new, ingenious ways to help our customers achieve their… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intuit reviews and ratings in Reno, NV — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Intuit CEO Brad Smith. All 25 reviews posted anonymously by Intuit employees.