Intuit Reviews in Reno, NV

3.9
1,617 Reviews

Intuit President & CEO Brad Smith
Brad Smith

Pros
  • Work life balance is excellent and there are a lot of opportunities to move within the company (in 303 reviews)

• Great benefits and opportunities for lateral moves within the company (in 131 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is a strain but not too bad relative to compensation (in 41 reviews)

• Senior management rarely in tune with the feet on the street (in 42 reviews)

More Highlights

26 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Politics Politics Politics!

I worked at Intuit

Pros

Pay was okay. They provided lunch often.

Cons

Middle management is rude and go out of their way to belittle staff same. Employees not determined upon the best stats, rather who lathers the supervisors with the most praise. Co-workers disconnect customers. Middle management is aware of agents dismissing customers yet, these people are rewarded because they make their supervisors look good. They monitor everything you including this web site to make themselves look great. Notice for every negative comment there is at least 2 or 3 that state how wonderful the company is. When in actuality many customers are dissatisfied because it takes 2 - 3 calls to get there issues resolved. It’s all about politics not the how well the job is performed!

Excellent benefits - until they don't need you anymore

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst  in  Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Reno, NV

I worked at Intuit full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They pay well and the overall compensation package is attractive.

Cons

I worked for Intuit for 5 years. They are good to their employees as long as they need them. But they are brutal when it comes to eliminating positions. If they decide you're not needed anymore, they will make up any excuse to get rid of you. I saw employees with 20 or 25 years of service being treated like dirt at the end. At a satellite office in Fallon, Nevada, employees had no idea the office was closing until they showed up for work on a Monday and the doors were locked. For a company that does so many things right, there are some areas where they are just awful.

Sales Manager

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Reno, NV

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Solid products and with good a user interface

Cons

Senior management a few years ago was very out of touch with the employees and constantly changing.

Don't make changes just to make changes

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company, still a corporation

Current Employee - Full Service Payroll Customer Service Support Agent  in  Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Full Service Payroll Customer Service Support Agent in Reno, NV

I have been working at Intuit as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Very good benefits. Good teamwork and camaraderie.

Cons

They try to make you feel they care, but you are still a number. You have to play the game.

Try to be fare. You might be letting go very professional people.

Lots of good times, but a lot of politics

I worked at Intuit

Pros

Good benefits, interesting work, depending on where you work some opportunity to share ideas for improvement.

Cons

Management changes directions often which doesn't allow new ideas to stick. Lots of politics, the minute somebody in upper management targets you (with or without reason) watch out.

Ask for input from the people on the front lines- they have great ideas and know what the customers want and need.

Managers are great communicators, not very good executors

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Reno, NV

I worked at Intuit

Pros

Intuit has excellent benefits. They pay at or above market for similar work other places. They have a well-organized training department to ensure employees are skilled on their products. Very flexible hours for employees with special requirements.

Cons

I worked as a customer service rep that was going through a management transition. One of the manager was extremely high maintenance and drove away some experienced employees by being aggressive and extremely discourteous. This manager was seen as a key person in the transition, so was protected from any repercussions from his actions. The morale of my department was shattered. Upper management knew of the problems but refused to remedy them.

My department manager seemed paralyzed by the dramatics occurring in his department. He tried to be open and frank about the problems but failed to move to address any of them. Eventually the problem manager left the company, and only then did the department manager take steps to try to recover the morale of the team.

Intuit hasn't joined the major league yet.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

The benefits are good, although the cost to employees is increasing.

Cons

It sometimes seems like Intuit is a second rate company. I've worked for other companies, and Intuit is just not in the same league.

Stay focused on the company's core principles and don't be so overly concerned with Wall Street.

Great Benefits, very micromanaged, watch your 'branding'

Former Employee - Cusomer Support Agent  in  Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Cusomer Support Agent in Reno, NV

I worked at Intuit full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The benefits can't be beat. Great medical, ESPP, 401K and wellness program. Great co workers.

Cons

in the customer support role, things are very micromanaged.Everything is numbers driven. Management tries to be pro active, but not very effective. The company, as a whole, restructures every July (end of fiscal year). Results in many lay offs. Most recently 785 positions were affected. No one is irreplaceable, and you will be reminded of this.
    Be careful with your 'personal brand'. It will be used in reviews.

Managers really need to learn what the worker bees do. I think it is difficult to coach people when there is not an understanding as to what is required, Many of the managers did not do the job of the people they manage. Have never understood why so much talent is let go.

A "Wow!" company with so many positives

I worked at Intuit for more than 5 years

Pros

So many positives were seen during my years at Intuit. The only reason I left was due to a decision to outsource my unit, which was probably a good choice. Intuit offers so much... good leadership, good potential, good intent in their markets, good employees, good training, good challenges... where does it stop?

Cons

About the only con is if you get a rotten or just mediocre manager, which can happen but is rare for Intuit. Burnout from the hard work is possible... be certain to take your time off. Otherwise, continue to have fun while working hard.

Keep up your good leadership.

Intuit is one big family with amazing values

Current Employee - Sales and Service Manager  in  Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Sales and Service Manager in Reno, NV

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The encourage employees to go beyond their scope and try new things.

Cons

Communication could be improved across business units

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!