Intuit

3.7 1,345 reviews

Intuit President & CEO Brad Smith

Brad Smith

1,345 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work-life balance, competitive compensation mostly strong exec team"
    in 281 reviews
  • "Decent salary/Good work life balance/Great benefits"
    in 117 reviews
Cons:
  • "The widely praised work-life balance varies on the project you are working on and the goals set by your manager"
    in 37 reviews
  • "Senior management is typically only in your corner if you agree to whatever they say"
    in 42 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great company, great culture.

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLarge company benefits and backing with small company feel and autonomy. Compensation package is excellent and career development is constant priority for management.

ConsIntuit is trending towards an architecture-centric approach to product development. Good for architects, bad for product advancement.

A "Wow!" company with so many positives

Reno, NV

I worked at Intuit for more than 5 years

ProsSo many positives were seen during my years at Intuit. The only reason I left was due to a decision to outsource my unit, which was probably a good choice. Intuit offers so much... good leadership, good potential, good intent in their markets, good employees, good training, good challenges... where does it stop?

ConsAbout the only con is if you get a rotten or just mediocre manager, which can happen but is rare for Intuit. Burnout from the hard work is possible... be certain to take your time off. Otherwise, continue to have fun while working hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up your good leadership.

Great company to work for in general

Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat company to work for in general. Have a culture respect employees work life balance. Good benefits package though going down little compare to couple of years ago. The company listen to the employees' voice through the annual survey and take it seriously.

ConsSame as any big companies. Be careful with who you will report to. Middle level managers definitely have very different reputation by person.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncluding employees' review of their managers anonymously will definitely help identify the management problem and improve the performance of the entire team.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intuit Has The BEST CEO in TOWN!

Recruiter (Current Employee)
Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFlexibility to work remote.
Opportunity to work with really talented people.
Intuit really cares about the employees and customers.
Outstanding BENEFITS

ConsNot always easy to move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/a

Great People and Products

I worked at Intuit full-time

ProsA very professionally-run company that strives to do right by all stakeholders.
A beautifully renovated Mountain View campus.
Work on products that provide meaningful value to customers.

ConsNo free lunches - people often brought food from home and ate at their desks.

Advice to Senior ManagementBoost perks so that employees don't have to envy the Google resort next door.

Great place to be and be from

Group Product Manager (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time for more than 10 years

ProsInteresting businesses that really help people. Dedicated to training - Design4Delight, Lean StartIN, etc.. Decent work life balance and good benefits. Ability to move between business unit to acquire new skills and experiences. I learned a lot working here.

ConsIt takes a lot of selling to get a project done. Likely better than most big companies but still a challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the commitment to innovation and protecting the 2 pizza teams.

Phenomenal Culture, and World Class Benefits

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than 8 years

ProsCulture-Familial among teams and work-life balance is real here.
Benefits-Unbelievable health/vision/dental plans, stock purchase, 401k with most handsome match policy I've ever seen.

ConsIt's corporate America, so at some level the $$ cause operating values to blur.

Advice to Senior ManagementLive the operating values even when it means less revenue.

Awesome place to work if you are the right kind of person

I worked at Intuit full-time

ProsExcellent benefits, strong culture, rewards employees well, innovative, customer focused

Consconducts re-organizations a lot, which causes churn in leadership, new leaders take time to learn business and don't always listen to long-term employees
says that it cares about employee development, but would rather lay-off and hire new talent than develop existing employees
still trying to work out "the next big thing"

Technical Support Trainner

Technical Support Trainner (Former Employee)
Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time for more than 5 years

ProsPassion, good salary, intelleget colleagues, variety of applications, Executive team cares about employees, customers, working facilities are the best, excellent benefits

ConsVery fast pace company with explosive growth (most people would not like, but I loved)!

Advice to Senior ManagementNever take your eye off caring for the customer. Keep executives involved with the frontline teams!

Easily the best company I have ever worked for

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)
Englewood, CO

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than a year

ProsIntuit has an awesome culture, and a set of values that they actually stick to. I love the fact that employees get 4 PAID days off every year to volunteer, gym membership and tuition reimbursement, and awesome health benefit options. Also, 125% matching 401K and a great employee stock purchase program. Management is upbeat, the company is solid, and I feel like I have found my home. I get to plan our office's yearly trip to the mountains to kick off the fiscal year, and we get lunches and prizes all the time. We also have an awesome new game room. :-)

ConsIf you don't deal well with change, this isn't the place for you. Intuit is constantly changing to keep up with competition and improve our numbers, and some people don't like that.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing, and bring more business groups to Englewood!

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!

Intuit Videos

Intuit – Why Work for Us?

If you're ready to create, innovate and be part of something big, then you've come to the right place. Our passion for innovation allows us to take risks and try new, ingenious ways to help our customers achieve their… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intuit reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Intuit CEO Brad Smith. All 1,345 reviews posted anonymously by Intuit employees.