Intuit Reviews

3.9
1,621 Reviews

Intuit President & CEO Brad Smith
Brad Smith

Pros
  • Work life balance is excellent and there are a lot of opportunities to move within the company (in 303 reviews)

• Great benefits and opportunities for lateral moves within the company (in 131 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is a strain but not too bad relative to compensation (in 41 reviews)

• Senior management rarely in tune with the feet on the street (in 42 reviews)

More Highlights

Beat all my expectations

Current Employee - Lead Financial Analyst  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Financial Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company to work for. I've been really pleased with the opportunites to progress in my career while maintaining a great work-life balance compared to previous employers. Generous compensation and benefits packages a big plus! Company

Cons

Definitely more opportunities to progress in Mountain View v. other locations. Lots of re-orgs which result in occasional layoffs but those moves are usually necessary for the company to continue to be a growth company.

Amazing company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Intuit treats employee as the most important stakeholder. They truly care about you, and it shows in the number of ways - from compensation to work - life balance support, benefits that go beyond common.
    For the most part hIgh quality people, knowledgeable, smart, good to work with.

Cons

being large widely distributed company, it is at times challenging to get to a decision without involving a dozen of people.
    There are many business units comprising intuit, each watching out for their own bottom line., sometimes pulling in opposite directions.

Pure awesomeness

Former Employee - Delivery Manager  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Delivery Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time for more than a year

Pros

Test and learn culture, Leadership and true freedom to explore opportunities

Cons

None I can think of

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intuit was an amazing place to begin my career as a Product manager. they recognize growth and do not hesitate to assist

Former Employee - Product Manager  in  Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit as an intern for less than a year

Pros

intuit gives you a ton of autonomy. they treat you like you're an employee and let you make mistakes. at the same time they're nurturing and pay interns a ton of attention.

Cons

there's a huge varioation of experiences depending on where you're placed in the company. Some products have small teams. others have massive teams that are difficult to influence.

Great Seasonal Employment

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Work from home, an OK rate per hour. You can do your job and be compensated for a job well done. Depending on the manager you get praise and a good bonus at end of season.

Cons

It is seasonal with no benefits other than 6% 401 K. I would like to see more year round positions. Once you master the technology and the Intuit way your season is over and you have to wait until December again. Some people get offered to stay a bit longer but Intuit has a policy that seasonal employees cannot work more than six months.

Every tax season you let go of amazing talent that could help you grow the business year-round and shine in customer service. Use your tax advisers to help you grow your quickbooks business and integrate your tax software to the quickbooks programs.

Solid innovative growth company

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

CEO (Brad Smith) isn't shy about playing offense, growth is a big priority, as is being innovative and pushing the envelope with their offerings.

Cons

While the company maintains there's a focus on three stakeholders (employee, customer, shareholder), it's definitely not in that order. Employee morale has waned over the last year or two, yet the stock has outperformed the market. Internal mobility has definitely been curtailed in favor of external hires.

Keep your employees happy, involve them in more decisions, and manage change more effectively. Bringing in new blood is great for ideation, but it opens you up to lots of institutional knowledge walking out the door. Remember, no regrettable losses.

Summer Internship in San Diego office

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Intuit as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Everyone was very friendly and encouraging. There were intern projects that we choose and then brainstormed for in our whitespace time (10% of paid time is encouraged to be a project outside of usual work). All of the interns pitched the ideas to the senior management, best were chosen to be implemented. It was a really good opportunity in going through the whole design process.

Cons

Management is very encouraging, but then vague about what to work on. It can lead to miscommunication.

Great company to work for

I have been working at Intuit full-time

Pros

Good products, Nice people, great perks, salary is good.

Cons

too many layers of management

keep up doing the great work

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Unbeatable benefits, great people to work with, great pay (if you are in sales)

Cons

The company is constantly changing and there are lay offs every year.

Really Great Place To Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are friendly, lots of healthy food options, great campus, lots of perks. Company really cares about having healthy employees.

Cons

Would like to see more hiring from within the company.

Make more time for cross training between teams for individuals wanting to grow their careers.

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!