Intuit Reviews

Reset
3.7
Intuit President & CEO Brad Smith
Brad Smith

Pros
  • Work/life balance is awesome in Intuit (in 327 reviews)

• Employee friendly company with great benefits to offer (in 154 reviews)

Cons
  • Too much "work life balance" at times (in 51 reviews)

• You get the message from upper management that everything is going well; middle management does not take care of employees anymore (in 45 reviews)

1,827 Employee Reviews

1. Technical Data Analyst

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Canoga Park, CA
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Canoga Park, CA

I have been working at Intuit (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the company atmosphere and environment. There's a good work/life balance. Those that work overtime choose to work overtime.

Cons

They current have a hiring freeze.

Great place to work / not a career

Current Employee - Territory Account Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Territory Account Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This review is specifically for the TAM sales team in Plano, TX. Does not reflect my opinions about any other jobs within the company. Reliable income (they won't let you break the bank. But, they won't let you starve either). Great benefits (insurance, 401k, stock). Great people (actually liked all my co-workers and management is respectful/friendly/supportive all the way from Brad Smith down to the direct managers). Lot's of perks = cafeteria, work out room, game room (foosball, ping pong, xbox), good garage parking, frequent free breakfasts, lunches and happy hours). This is a great job for a younger person out of college or someone who has a spouse with a good paying job. They have a great employee stock program and a great matching 401K program. I've never seen a company with such good stock and 401K programs. Oh, and the health/dental/vision insurance is also the best I've ever seen. If you can afford it, you definitely should max out your 401k and employee stock purchase. It is literally free money. Also, when Intuit says they care about work/life balance, they really mean it and live it out.

Cons

Not a long-term place for a hard-charging, high performing sales person or someone with alot of career ambitions. I've seen some great sales reps leave for greener pastures. Almost zero opportunity to advance career (unless you want to move away from Dallas area). Part of the problem is that there are no new jobs created. Plano location sells a legacy tax software to a shrinking market (accounting firms) who rarely change their software (about 5% per year). In addition, because they make it such a great place to work, there is not much turnover. So, there are almost no job advancement opportunities. But, it's really hard to leave this place (decent income, great culture, great people, great benefits, etc). The customers are generally a pain. Of course there are some great customers too. But, mostly you are dealing with accountants = dry personality, don't know how to run their businesses, don't have good people skills and stingy. They will fight you for $100 on a $10,000 deal (makes sense though since their job is to save their clients every penny they can find). This describes mostly the older generation of accountants. The newer generation are much easier to deal with, as they understand the value of technology. Lastly... even though it is decent pay, leadership has figured out how to reduce our income, just about every year. As a team, we are getting paid about 10% less each year. A couple of us have really good territories. But, the others are struggling.

3. Awesome for old people, not so good for young people

I have been working at Intuit full-time

Pros

Very good work culture and work life balance

Cons

Not much adaptive to technology changes

5. Great for older people, terrible for young people

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

- The company has awesome benefits and compensation packages - The work life balance is super chill - Get all the equipment you need - Pretty easy going people to work with - If you are looking for a job the rest of your life, this place is perfect (don't expect to get rich, but don't worry about not having a steady paycheck. Not bad for San Diego lifestyle).

Cons

- Terrible place to learn any new skills on becoming an up and coming engineer or product person - Not many have real world experience running their own businesses - Everyone has to wait on someone to tell them what to do, instead of taking the initiative - Management staff take all the kudos, but will never take the blame for something. Lack of accountability. - If a project doesn't do well, a great team suffers financially (salary increase, bonus or promotion) instead of rewarding people that are great employees. - Too many company pets. A LOT of people suck up to the right managers and don't add much value. Wouldn't last long at many other companies.

Advice to Management

Build manager skills to be able to look into what each person is contributing on each team from the director level down to the associate level. There are some rock star legend employees that are being dragged down by lazy and poisonous workers. Very few great employees drive 80% of the work at TurboTax SD.

6. Intuit really is a great company

Current Employee - SaaS Sales Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - SaaS Sales Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employee experience at Intuit was wonderful.

Cons

Demandforce is a mess, from top to bottom. I suspect the company will be dismantled or implode within a few years

Advice to Management

If you want to save Demandforce, you really need to start fresh, instead of keeping the old mid-level management in place. The product is no longer competitive, and you aren't approaching SaaS properly

7. Great Company

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Opportunities are there to learn and utilize your skills. Managers and team members make work enjoyable.

Cons

pay could be better.

Advice to Management

Continue being proactive and interacting with your team.

They try hard

Current Employee - Staff Business Systems Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Business Systems Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people are almost all super nice and welcoming. Intuit attracts and hires some of the brightest employees, and for the most part everyone genuinely cares about each other. The company really tries to perform well while also keeping employees and customers happy. The products are fantastic and I have always been proud to work there.

Cons

Only the executives seem to make decisions. And the executives make the decisions based on a lot of input from their team and other teams. The downside is it takes a long time for decisions to be made. Plus as a non-executive I feel like I don't get to make decisions. At most I get to barely influence the decisions.

Advice to Management

Have a culture that supports autonomous and powerful employees. Intuit tries but it misses the mark.

9. Intuit Review

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Intuit is amazing!!! Best company I've ever worked for, can't say enough good things about it!

Cons

The company is great, I don't have any cons

Advice to Management

Keep going!

10. Great environment for growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cafeteria, gym, walking paths, educational credits, training, etc.

Cons

Lots of meetings. Team are dependent on each other.

11. Disorganized But Always Striving to Improve

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Generous compensation, lots of free food, good benefits.

Cons

Management changes frequently, direction changes constantly, and there are layoffs in one part of Intuit or another during the summer every year.

Advice to Management

Play a longer game. It takes time for initiatives to bear fruit.

Showing 1,827 of 1,949 reviews