Intuit Reviews

3.9
1,586 Reviews

Intuit President & CEO Brad Smith
Brad Smith

Pros
  • Work life balance is excellent and there are a lot of opportunities to move within the company (in 319 reviews)

• Great benefits and opportunities for lateral moves within the company (in 147 reviews)

Cons
  • Steep learning curve makes work-life balance hard to find when you're new (in 48 reviews)

• Senior management rarely in tune with the feet on the street (in 44 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Orem, UT

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Intuit's operating values, diverse culture, fabulous people, and challenging workload make this a great place to work. I highly recommend anyone serious about their career to explore the options available to them at Intuit

Cons

Having moved from a 20 person company to an 8000 employee company, getting use to the volume of meetings, slow pace of change, and all of the extra red tape took some getting used to.

Great company benefits, going through internal changes

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits -- health plans, salary, bonuses, RSUs, healthy lower-cost entrees in cafeterias. Great CEO. 10% time for innovation projects encourages out-of-the-box thinking on new solutions (but not driverless cars!).

Cons

Company is trying to move from a company of companies to one Intuit and it's a hard transition. Layoffs, reorgs, speeches, and many powerpoint presentations don't make it easy to change. 401k match doesn't vest for two years.

Managers are not checking in with employees on work/life balance. I didn't see improvement after the Annual Employee Survey. The company, and Brad, are great, but it's not cascading down.

Was a good company to work for but now there is too much turnover in staff.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They have strong company values, believe in doing right by customers and employees. Good salaries and benefits. CEO is very dynamic and a good visionary. Great public speaker.

Cons

Too much turnover in staff and yearly re-orgs; seems to be an annual event to layoff employees with domain knowledge and seniority. You get the message from upper management that everything is going well; middle management does not take care of employees anymore. They would rather hire interns then train existing employees on new technologies.

Do more skip level meetings; your middle management does not tell you the truth of how things are going.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Intuit goes beyond teaching what is required to "just do the job". There are a number of initiatives like Net Promoter, TPS and other best practices that one can learn and take with them on their journey through life.

Cons

Sometimes there is a least common denominator mentality that stifles innovation. Unlike Apple or other great companies there is a great deal of fear where it comes to cannibalizing an existing market to create a new one.

Don't be afraid to make great leaps. Sometimes the unknown is scary, and shareholders even more so.

Big company still striving to be a startup

Former Employee - Senior Software Development Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Development Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Intuit works on interesting and ambitious projects, there's many great people you will meet and enjoy working with every day. Overall compensation and benefits are hard to beat. Intuit definitely has a culture valuing fast paced environment and striving to be a startup company, at least in R&D teams.

Cons

Lots of course changes, many frequent reorgs in the last 12 months, so it can be demotivating people. I think in a year once dust settles, it will be much more pleasant place to work

Power through your reorgs as fast as you can - I have a feeling people are fatigued with constant changes so you may start loosing talent if it does not stabilize a little bit soon.

Wonderful place to work

Current Employee - Manager I in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Manager I in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Always moving up, down, right, left. It's a versatile environment with a lot of growth potential. Not for the faint of heart or the paper pusher.

Cons

Big company, corporate ladders, lots of meetings... lots of meetings about meetings. It's a social company and quite important that you immerse yourself daily.

Great Place To Work

Current Employee - Human Resources
    Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There are A LOT of growth opportunities. Managers and Leaders invest in tons of workshops to help grow you as a professional. The company values aren't just on posters. They are lived, evaluated and demonstrated by employees and leadership. Each person @ Intuit is encouraged to have a voice. To challenge and push new ways of thinking. The company really takes great care of their employees in most ways. All leaders seem to have an open door policy. There's no level conscious culture involved with hierarchy there. Everyone is approachable.

Cons

Work & Life balance is seldom achieved. I got emails all hours and all days from most of my managers. Many managers expect because they are working and open like a 7-11 around the clock, you should be too. Sometimes I believe my performance evaluations were impacted because I drew tighter boundaries on working past 8pm at night after several years working there.

Lack of Recognition was consistent.

Employee Surveys are given every year but I rarely saw noticeable (improvement based) changes come from common themed feedback given by our functional group and BU's.

I worked for Intuit for several years. They went away from community and collectivistic team based work culture to a more self based & individualistic one. Many employees I experienced in the years just before resigning were only out to make themselves look good. They would act like great trusted work partners but in truth were throwing folks under the bus which seemed to become common place.

I would still be there if there were year round opportunities

Former Employee - Software Support in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Software Support in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Intuit part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home, benefits even for seasonal/part time employees, management very in tune with employees needs, salary is great in comparison to local market

Cons

Mixing taxes, software, and the general public make for a very stressful environment. Working from home in this fast paced industry makes you feel isolated. No full time work from home opportunities.

Learn from mistakes and improve on them. Which you do, so keep it up!

Good place to work

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

really cares about its employees
    trying to really innovate and moving to the cloud

Cons

slow to make decisions as its a very collaborative environment so may be frustrating for someone who wants things done quickly

Great Company built on innovation and customer back principals

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are some of the best! Intuit maintains an entrepreneurial spirit and is a challenging and rewarding company to work for. Success is recognized and rewarded. Failures are celebrated for the learning opportunities they are. The culture really is really top notch. Tenure is high despite recent reorganizations and shifts in direction. This is a company of leaders, and a place you can really flex and hone your craft. Nobody will stop you from charting your own course.

Cons

Par for the industry but there is never enough time in the day to get it all done. The company is in the midst of a services transformation and with that comes lots of course corrections. Not for the faint of heart.. There is a lot of 'dust' in the air due to recent reorgs...

Many innovative ideas are held up from being implemented due to alignment and future state initiatives.. Less emphasis on centralized control and consolidation; stronger guiding principals would remove barriers and ease tensions. Central teams need to push governance to BU's and rule with a softer hand...