Intuit

Updated Jul 20, 2014

3.7 1,452 reviews

Intuit President & CEO Brad Smith

Brad Smith

Pros
  • Work life balance is excellent and there are a lot of opportunities to move within the company(in 299 reviews)

• Employee friendly company with great benefits to offer(in 129 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is a strain but not too bad relative to compensation(in 41 reviews)

• Senior management rarely in tune with the feet on the street(in 42 reviews)

1,452 Employee Reviews

The company takes care of it's employees

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

Pros- Good work-life balance. If you come from a start up to Intuit you will be incredibly relaxed
    - There are smart people at intuit. As with any big company you need to hunt to find them but there are some excellent people to work with
    - Culture is good. People are generally really nice and open to helping each other out
    - Intuit monopolizes it's market. yay

Cons- Personal growth is slow
    - There is "title inflation" ie a senior engineer may or may not actually be senior

Advice to Senior ManagementPay is on par with other tech companies. pay MORE to entice the best in the bay.

Intuit really cares about its interns

Legal Intern (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsThis is one of the best places you can work as a university or grad school intern. The brand name and line items on your resume look fantastic and make you immediately competitive. The work given is carefully balanced between teaching you how in-house legal groups operate and giving you challenging projects that provide value to the company. There are tons of intern-centric activities that give you an opportunity to network with other young professionals and enjoy the summer. There are also many opportunities to connect with VPs and other management people. It's also PAID.

ConsEveryone in the office could use some help with their workloads but many don't have time to show an intern how to help. Keep reaching out repeatedly to achieve the workload balance that suits you.

Continually Changing

Support (Current Employee)

ProsGood company to work for, great benefits (health, dental, vision). Actively seek employee input on a routine basis. Potential for personal growth and career development with the right leadership. Business decisions are made inline with company values. In the right location and business group it is possible to have a long and satisfying career.

ConsToo many organizational changes. Caught under the wrong leadership promotions, salary increases, recognition and project opportunities can be limited to non-existent, unless in the "right circle". Focus on growth and moving forward definitely impacting quality of some existing products. Understaffed or outsourced.

Advice to Senior ManagementPotential to better utilize the multitude of skills and knowledge in employees. The right employee in the right position at the right time not only increases customer satisfaction and company growth it produces motivated, engaged, satisfied employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent experience - wonderful people to work for and with!

Prosquality of life important

Software Engineer II (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGood benefits and compensation
    Lot of flexibility
    Good products
    good vision for the future
    Innovation is appreciated

Consoutdated technologies
    laid back attitude
    food is really bad
    layoffs are frequent

Truly a great place to work

ProsTop leaders show by decisions and actions that they believe in the top value of "integrity without compromise". Most employees strive for transparency and honesty in how they do their work.
    Intuit values their employees and has the best attributes of silicon valley companies while being committed to diversity and "we care and give back".

ConsIn some departments, professional development is very weakly supported, i.e. lip service may be paid, but it isn't actively promoted, so it too easily becomes a luxury to cut instead of a necessity.
    Because they strongly trust their people and managers, when there are individuals who don't fit into the culture or the values, it can be quite difficult to escalate.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold front line leaders more accountable for advocating and actively supporting advanced training.

Great leadership, no shortage of talented employees.

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

Pros"It's the people!" Impressive group...great professional development.

ConsSometimes M&A's don't go so well. I may have been part of that.

Advice to Senior ManagementI've seen very talented, dedicated, and loyal employees get laid off.

Fun and friendly atmosphere.

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsWork-life balance. They allow you to have a say in the process, they value your opinion and you get a chance to have input into the process/es. Great benefits and very fair pay.

ConsVery frequent re-orgs. I really still do not know what it is I am supposed to do there. We've been redirected to a new goal/strategy so frequently recently that I am just trying to understand what I need to do each week because down the road all the plans may change anyway.

Great experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsGreat people and benefits. Some BU's open to change but little innovation unless championed or personally sponsored by a VP. Slow to move at times, decisions bogged down by management layers.

ConsRegular reorgs. Goals change every year sometimes every two quarters with new leaders seemingly riding a merry-go-round.

BROKEN

Senior Support Specialist (Former Employee) Woodland Hills, CA

ProsIts a Job.

ConsCORP HELL... very disconnected between who does the work and who gets the credit. Unwilling to pay staff above poverty level.

Advice to Senior ManagementReverse the pay scale.

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!