Intuit

Updated Jul 30, 2014

3.8 1,476 reviews

Intuit President & CEO Brad Smith

Brad Smith

Pros
  • Work life balance is excellent and there are a lot of opportunities to move within the company (in 303 reviews)

• Great benefits and opportunities for lateral moves within the company (in 131 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is a strain but not too bad relative to compensation (in 41 reviews)

• Senior management rarely in tune with the feet on the street (in 42 reviews)

More Highlights
1,476 Employee Reviews

The company takes care of it's employees

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

Pros- Good work-life balance. If you come from a start up to Intuit you will be incredibly relaxed
    - There are smart people at intuit. As with any big company you need to hunt to find them but there are some excellent people to work with
    - Culture is good. People are generally really nice and open to helping each other out
    - Intuit monopolizes it's market. yay

Cons- Personal growth is slow
    - There is "title inflation" ie a senior engineer may or may not actually be senior

Advice to Senior ManagementPay is on par with other tech companies. pay MORE to entice the best in the bay.

Great Company

Sourcing Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsPeople care about you and the work that you put on the table.
    They push you to be innovative inside and outside the company.
    They value work life balance and have great befits

ConsDepending on where you sit in the company sometimes the org changes have a big impact
    They seem to purchase innovation rather than create it

Fun and friendly atmosphere.

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsWork-life balance. They allow you to have a say in the process, they value your opinion and you get a chance to have input into the process/es. Great benefits and very fair pay.

ConsVery frequent re-orgs. I really still do not know what it is I am supposed to do there. We've been redirected to a new goal/strategy so frequently recently that I am just trying to understand what I need to do each week because down the road all the plans may change anyway.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience

MBA Intern (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsGreat compensation - comparable to other Silicon Valley titans. Company is becoming leaner and much more focused on developing younger talent. Work-life balance is some of the best you can find in tech. Very focused on hypothesis-based testing and experimentation.

ConsLots of meetings and powerpoint. Senior leadership is aware of the bureaucracy of a bigger company though they can do more to make organizations more nimble.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work of focusing on your employees and recruiting young talent.

Caring collaborative intelligent environment. Full of growth and leadership support.

Learning Specialist (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsBest reasons to work for Intuit:
    Development and support from leadership team
    Company values
    True North of Employees, Customer, Shareholders
    Fun environment with opportunity to try positions in stretch roles and see where you shine
    Doing what you love with people who also love it around you

ConsEach year you have the potential to be impacted in a re-org

Advice to Senior ManagementNever forget that employees need support and care to pass down to the customers.

Awesome place to work and learn in

ProsLearning environment , strong culture, Customer oriented job roles, leadership building techniques adopted

ConsGrowth is not vertical but broadening your own job role.

Learned a ton

Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsFun team, intern activities, got to work on a cool project, good pay for interns

ConsIts definitely a larger company so you have to be ok with that

Good place to work

Senior QA Engineer (Current Employee) Woodland Hills, CA

ProsGreat place to work and turn in to Fulltime. Fantastic benefits and bonus.

ConsLayoffs recently, not sure where the business is going in Intuit Payments

The Manager Sets the Experience

Senior Learning Consultant (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsBenefits are among the best
    Work/Life balance is reasonable
    Smart people

ConsThe personality of the organization comes from the top down; in Mountain View Brad's presence creates a great place to work; working at other sites this may not be the case; my team had a very poor set of leaders which created undue stress and chaos

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk better questions to ascertain whether senior leaders are really the right people in the right positions; instead of producing PPT presentations about AES results -- create a 30, 60, 90, 120 day check back with leaders to determine if real progress made, not just spin on a PPT; measure Pulse results against original AES and make changes as needed (this may be done within some BUs, but not all)

Even after being affected by a massive layoff, I would come back in a heartbeat!

Customer Service and Support Specialist (Current Employee) Fredericksburg, TX

ProsIntuit treats their employees like GOLD. I have worked in many places, but all fall short of the excellent benefits, incentives, ability to move up and around and how they make you feel as a person. I will ALWAYS cherish my Intuit family

ConsYou must be okay with change. I wouldnt consider it as a CON, but it may take some time to get used to the "fly by the seat of your pants" type of atmosphere

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways care about how approachable you are.

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!