Intuit

www.intuit.com

Intuit Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2014's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.

Pros
  • Work life balance is excellent and there are a lot of opportunities to move within the company(in 303 reviews)

• Great benefits and opportunities for lateral moves within the company(in 131 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is a strain but not too bad relative to compensation(in 41 reviews)

• Senior management rarely in tune with the feet on the street(in 42 reviews)

Product Development Intern

Product Development Intern (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

Pros-Great intern community with a lot of support. You are set up with several mentors during the internship and everyone from the HR is really understanding and easy to work with.
    -You are also housed with the other interns so you have a great opportunity to make a lot of close friends.
    -Relocation is really easy and completely covered. Transportation to work was also covered.
    -Tons of opportunities to network within the company and learn about other projects.
    -For engineering specifically, they do a great job of adding you to a team where you'll be able to focus on what you are actually interested in learning more about. You're usually put on an AGILE team and get to be part of actual development projects.

Cons-The commute from housing to work can be long (there is a shuttle but it took about an hour to get to the office)
    -There is an intern project, which is somewhat loosely organized and not well-defined until late in the internship, so doing implementation isn't possible. Good opportunity to learn about business pitches though.

Advice to Senior ManagementHad a great experience, everyone was really approachable and enthusiastic to offer resources and advice.

Good company to work for

ProsLearning culture, very competitive pay, very smart people, great encouragement and resources for personal growth from management.
    Intuit recently restructured the org around TurboTax & Quickbooks/small business solutions which should hopefully refocus the company.

ConsLots of PowerPoints and analysis paralysis, too many people focused on protecting their personal brand instead of getting things done.

I'm Into-It

Rotational Development Associate (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsThe people all want you to succeed & employee benefits/perks

ConsNot as big brand recognition externally and does not have free food

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're doing a great job!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great and not so great

Service and Support (Former Employee) Woodland Hills, CA

ProsThey hire some awesome people, nice environment and good benefits. Enjoyed Women's network meetings.

ConsThe training leaves a lot to be desired. Have to figure it out yourself.

Advice to Senior ManagementLayoffs should be announced to impacted employees at team levels, not with 100 other people.

GREAT PLACE TO WORK!

Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsLots of room for advancement and Great Pay!

ConsNOTHING! I LOVE IT HERE

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep Up the Good Work!

Great place to work and build your career

ProsAbility to contribute and grow your ideas

ConsWork life balance - especially during tax season

Engaging and Relaxing and a Fun Ride all the way through

QA Analyst (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

Pros* People are very friendly and try to make you comfortable even if they are complete strangers
    * Employees can take their time to learn and train on new ideologies and tools
    * Company offers training sponsored by the company itself
    * there are little events hosted to relieve stress of work

Cons* The cafe Sucks, Sucks with a CAPITAL "S"

Great internship experience

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsIntuit was my first internship and it was a great experience. The people were super friendly, the work was cool, and housing / transportation was also covered which was a big plus.

ConsThere could've been more intern events.

Learned alot in my 8 years with Intuit.

Manager (Former Employee) Woodland Hills, CA

ProsIntuit is a great company that cares about what their employees have to say, as evidenced in the Annual Employee Survey. Benefits are excellent and pay is good, along with bonuses. Great culture and family feel, co-workers are great and I have formed many friendships through working here.

ConsNo stability with management changes. Lots of reorganizations means shifts in reporting lines. I went on vacation and came back to find out I was being transferred to a completely different department, reporting to a new manager due to new organization structure. I was there 1 year, and then another organization structure took place, resulting in me being laid off, along with 120 of my co-workers. I understand these things happen and is a normal part of business, but I feel the way it was handled by senior leadership could have been better. Left an unpleasant taste in my mouth, along with peers who were able to remain employed who were left feeling awkward, and unsure of the future of the company, unsure if more lay offs were going to occur.

As a member of a great team, support and knowledge, application and customer service excel.

Tax Advisor (Former Employee) Remote, OR

ProsIntuit is an endless volumn of experience and knowledge that works well into the team.
     The vast experience of the support and management show at every turn.

ConsAs a Remote seasonal employee, the drive to year round employment is of primary concern. The company is working on a solution to this.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat teamwork, communications etc are support during business hours, but sometimes software upgrades and improvements slow down quick customer service. Working the kinks out is great, but sometimes it appears to be working fine already.

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!