Intuit Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2014's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.
1,000 Reviews
4.1
1,000 Reviews

Intuit President & CEO Brad Smith
Brad Smith

Pros
  • Work life balance is excellent and there are a lot of opportunities to move within the company (in 319 reviews)

• Great benefits and opportunities for lateral moves within the company (in 147 reviews)

Cons
  • Steep learning curve makes work-life balance hard to find when you're new (in 48 reviews)

• Senior management rarely in tune with the feet on the street (in 44 reviews)

More Highlights

Product Development Intern

Former Employee - Product Development Intern in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Product Development Intern in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

-Great intern community with a lot of support. You are set up with several mentors during the internship and everyone from the HR is really understanding and easy to work with.
    -You are also housed with the other interns so you have a great opportunity to make a lot of close friends.
    -Relocation is really easy and completely covered. Transportation to work was also covered.
    -Tons of opportunities to network within the company and learn about other projects.
    -For engineering specifically, they do a great job of adding you to a team where you'll be able to focus on what you are actually interested in learning more about. You're usually put on an AGILE team and get to be part of actual development projects.

Cons

-The commute from housing to work can be long (there is a shuttle but it took about an hour to get to the office)
    -There is an intern project, which is somewhat loosely organized and not well-defined until late in the internship, so doing implementation isn't possible. Good opportunity to learn about business pitches though.

Had a great experience, everyone was really approachable and enthusiastic to offer resources and advice.

Good company to work for

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Learning culture, very competitive pay, very smart people, great encouragement and resources for personal growth from management.
    Intuit recently restructured the org around TurboTax & Quickbooks/small business solutions which should hopefully refocus the company.

Cons

Lots of PowerPoints and analysis paralysis, too many people focused on protecting their personal brand instead of getting things done.

I'm Into-It

Current Employee - Rotational Development Associate in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Rotational Development Associate in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people all want you to succeed & employee benefits/perks

Cons

Not as big brand recognition externally and does not have free food

You're doing a great job!

Great and not so great

Former Employee - Service and Support in Woodland Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Service and Support in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They hire some awesome people, nice environment and good benefits. Enjoyed Women's network meetings.

Cons

The training leaves a lot to be desired. Have to figure it out yourself.

Layoffs should be announced to impacted employees at team levels, not with 100 other people.

GREAT PLACE TO WORK!

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of room for advancement and Great Pay!

Cons

NOTHING! I LOVE IT HERE

Keep Up the Good Work!

Great place to work and build your career

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Ability to contribute and grow your ideas

Cons

Work life balance - especially during tax season

Great internship experience

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Intuit was my first internship and it was a great experience. The people were super friendly, the work was cool, and housing / transportation was also covered which was a big plus.

Cons

There could've been more intern events.

Great company not living up to its potential

Former Employee - Vice President
    Former Employee - Vice President

I worked at Intuit full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Top talent attractor
    Strong founder still participating
    Dominant market share
    Best in class product talent

Cons

Very top heavy... weak operational leadership at the Business Unit level
    Inneffective at acquiring and integrating new businesses... too many duds with no accountability for bad acquisition strategy and execution
    Heavy gross margins hide gross inneficiencies, particularly in HQ functions
    Focus on the sizzle not the bacon

Talent management and promotions serve the status quo. Culture is strong but elitist and tilted in favor of outdated reverence to talent sources that, when examined, have not produced "doers". Too many big-titled, non-contributing turf protectors are limiting innovation and creativity. Directors and VPs with few direct reports creates environment where leaders jockey for position vs. delivering for Employees, Customers, and Shareholders (remember that?). Simplify, root out the politicians (they are stil there), and unleash the actual potential that exists. Live up to your lineage.

Engaging and Relaxing and a Fun Ride all the way through

Current Employee - QA Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - QA Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intuit as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

* People are very friendly and try to make you comfortable even if they are complete strangers
    * Employees can take their time to learn and train on new ideologies and tools
    * Company offers training sponsored by the company itself
    * there are little events hosted to relieve stress of work

Cons

* The cafe Sucks, Sucks with a CAPITAL "S"

Learned alot in my 8 years with Intuit.

Former Employee - Manager in Woodland Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Intuit is a great company that cares about what their employees have to say, as evidenced in the Annual Employee Survey. Benefits are excellent and pay is good, along with bonuses. Great culture and family feel, co-workers are great and I have formed many friendships through working here.

Cons

No stability with management changes. Lots of reorganizations means shifts in reporting lines. I went on vacation and came back to find out I was being transferred to a completely different department, reporting to a new manager due to new organization structure. I was there 1 year, and then another organization structure took place, resulting in me being laid off, along with 120 of my co-workers. I understand these things happen and is a normal part of business, but I feel the way it was handled by senior leadership could have been better. Left an unpleasant taste in my mouth, along with peers who were able to remain employed who were left feeling awkward, and unsure of the future of the company, unsure if more lay offs were going to occur.