Intuit

3.8
1,721 Reviews

Intuit President & CEO Brad Smith
Brad Smith

Pros
  • Work life balance is excellent and there are a lot of opportunities to move within the company (in 327 reviews)

• Great benefits and opportunities for lateral moves within the company (in 154 reviews)

Cons
  • Steep learning curve makes work-life balance hard to find when you're new (in 51 reviews)

• Middle management does not have a clue on overall long-term direction of support departments (in 45 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company, laser focused on customer experience, friendly and focused environment.

Current Employee - Senior Engineering Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineering Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work life balance, excellent culture of respect, solves hard problems and a business model that has produced a doubling in stock price in the last three years.

Cons

A lot of meetings, a focus on consensus can slow decision making on critical items, centralized QA org not as responsive as when it was independent

Focus on mobile more and trying to get a younger overall engineering culture to keep on the cutting edge of developments in tech

Happiest I have been in my career.

Current Employee - Marketing in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Intuit has amazingly smart people that challenge you and help you grow and learn. The products have real impact on millions of customers' financial lives and it feels good to do work that is truly meaningful. The offices, benefits, and work life balance are great. The CEO inspires the company to always do better for customers and employees.

Cons

There can be times when meetings and lots of collaboration are required to get the work done, but I would expect this at any large company.

I had a great time working as in intern for TurboTax Online for 6 months during my second year in college.

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Intuit as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, knowledgeable developers, wide range of work opportunities.

Cons

Most excitement around tax season: Jan - April

Amazing company to work for

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Any one can bring in their ideas or suggestion on the table and the leadership team pays attention to all

Cons

Promotion is very touch in this company

Amazing company that empowers you to think beyond the obvious!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Intuit (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Culture that celebrates diversity and innovative thinking.
    Great leaders that are always open to hear your ideas and insights.
    Great benefits and work/life flexibility so you can be your best inside abs outside of work

Cons

More growth opportunities if you are in the Bay Area - need to be more proactive and build your personal brand and relationships to grow your career if you are at a smaller site.

Intuit employees live the company values at all levels.

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Great benefits, great salary. Great work environment

Cons

I have not found any so far.

keep up the great work!

Great Place to Work

I worked at Intuit

Pros

Intuit is an incredible place to work with a great focus on it's employees and the community. The leadership team helped provide career guidance and promoted a solid work/life balance

Cons

Although the benefits offered at Intuit are better than most companies around, the insurance options are not what they once were.

Nice company for engineers

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Intuit full-time (less than a year)

Pros

A good company particularly for engineers. Although, I am working only since last 2 months but I have had the privilege of knowing the company very well. Many of my friends who are working in this company since more than 5 years also share the same perspective. I heard that people/engineers are so much pampered such that their efficiency or productiveness automatically decreases. I differ from that, we as Indians are really ready to be grinded by managers and others and think that is FRUGAL and ordinary in a working culture. Intuit is different where RESPECT is there and that is the best quality I would say for this company.

Cons

There is lot of competition/politics going on in engineering/management community to IMPRESS / SHOW-OFF their respective managers. Almost everybody (not all) looks like wants to impress their bosses . In this process, real innovation, hard work, creativity, takes a side lane many of the times and it becomes a demo-able business many a times. I also saw that many employees complain about not getting even 10% hike in annual appraisals but not sure about this. Intuit is famous for its payscales and it should rather not do this with its employees. Again, the managers have to become more active on this front.

This organization is really great and I don't know how can you propagate this but please take care of managers/employees to not waste SO MUCH time to impress their bosses. For eg, for a demo to higher ups, employees tend to create a "script" and practice, which in a way is good but waste lot more time then needed... I mean we all are part of the team. They will actually get automatically impressed, if one will work hardly and HONESTLY. Also, I would request to take into consideration the hikes matter which may be highlighted by AES surveys we have.

Otherwise, I think we are doing great !

Didn't stay long enough to get a good gauge.

Former Intern - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Intuit as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I really like the people that I worked with. Could be different elsewhere

Cons

I was given some tedious work, but that is to be expected of interns

Hire more people

Software engineer at Intuit

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Awesome work culture. Very good perks

Cons

Pay is little less infact I can say very less. But I think money is not that important as compare to work-life balance