www.intuit.com

3.8
1,640 Reviews

Intuit President & CEO Brad Smith
Brad Smith

Pros
  • Work life balance is excellent and there are a lot of opportunities to move within the company (in 327 reviews)

• Great benefits and opportunities for lateral moves within the company (in 154 reviews)

Cons
  • Steep learning curve makes work-life balance hard to find when you're new (in 51 reviews)

• Middle management does not have a clue on overall long-term direction of support departments (in 45 reviews)

More Highlights

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Great office culture, great people.

Cons

Base salary is relatively low.

Software Engineer

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Good Benefits, you can enjoy the "fancy" yearly company party (cost $$$).

Cons

Too much changes and politics. There were three big changes with one year, then a layoff. A team was working on a big production release on site until midnight, then 40% engineers were got the layoff notice before the lunch time.

Great company to work for.

Former Employee - Contractor in Woodland Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Contractor in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at Intuit as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Employees work together and collaborate well, compensation and benefits are solid, good support and colleagues are bright, intelligent people that have lots of intellectual capital to share.

Cons

No hiring opportunities for my chosen department.

Create a sense of vision, leadership, empowerment and job security with your teams.

Cool job

I worked at Intuit as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

They have great benefits and really make you feel like you are apart of a family. The work wasn't too difficult but you always had something to do

Cons

Some of the challenges are working with the same people constantly when you sometimes would like to branch off and get to know the rest of the company.

Sr. Software Engineer

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice convenient facility in San Diego north county. I like the gym. The cafeteria food is pretty good. Mac or PC laptops given for use making it easy to take to meetings.

Cons

I'd have to agree with another poster -- a lot of obvious favoritism and politics! Don't complain to your manager though or you will be looked down upon. Just smile...act happy even if you are not! If you get on the wrong side of management there is no turning back.

I too have heard engineers 'bragging' about working nights and weekends. I don't really see that as a completely dedicated worker -- often times that engineer is not organized and can't get work done in a 40 hour work week. Often an engineer who works this much has no family, no spouse, no interests and thus works the nights and weekends just to stay busy.

Intuit wants you to be innovative with Innovation Days but the guidelines can be strict and narrow- not exactly what one hopes for when you hear "innovation".

Intuit's number of product offerings hasn't changed much in years.

The company is not as great as people think it is. There are many other great companies in San Diego to work for.

Listen to the engineers and what they have to say. You will learn a lot! The managers only give you the answers that you want.

Thrilled to start this next tax season with a top rated company

Current Employee - Tax Preparer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Tax Preparer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Intuit as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The company is a top rated software company in America, yet hires people to work from home. They provide paid training, and the interview process was wickedly swift and positions filled extremely fast. More people are doing their own taxes using software than ever before!

Cons

Inflexible work schedules, but they have a variety of them!

One big enthusiastic and smart family!

Current Employee - Partner Manager in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Partner Manager in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Intuit full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Intuit has launched new site offices across Australia that are growing rapidly (I was recently hired). The recruitment and onboarding process was painless, and the team in general consists of spectacular individuals. I have yet to meet someone that wasn't welcoming or helpful. The team is so hard-working, but really makes an effort to have a great time in the office. I have never walked into a new job and felt better about the environment and focus of the company.

Cons

This may be a downside for some people: it wasn't for me. Intuit is a huge global company where the head office is out of CA, USA. Depending on the role, it might mean limited communication or remote employees.

Keep up the good work. You've done a phenomenal job making the AU team and benefits focused on things that actually suit us and not just US employees.

Service and Support Representative

Current Employee - Service & Support Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Service & Support Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, steady schedule, and a lot of great people. PTO only grows, the longer you've been here and everyone beyond the direct customer interaction has a lot of passion.

Cons

Leadership is rarely clear on what the overall plan for people in the lower level. It is very difficult to grow in the company and a lot of hard work is overlooked. Many of the lower end representatives put little to no effort into their work, which is very frustrating.

Intuit is NOT a place for talent

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Plano, TX

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

401k contributions, decent healthcare, occasional lunches during busy season, no dress code, covered parking

Cons

Terrible pay for sales and support, management uses the threat of firing often, very political environment, sales and support are treated as second class citizens. A classic stepping stone.

Pay a decent salary to ALL employees. Allow pay negotiations during hiring. Do much much more to retain and reward talent. Also price gauging your customers to increase revenue isn't a sustainable strategy for growth. Lose enough customers and the show is over...

Best company I've ever worked for

Former Employee - Art Director in Woodland Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Art Director in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture, they truly care about their employees. I didn't know how good I had it until they sold off my business unit. The best benefits, stock options, espp, health care, we care and give back charity hours, yearly gym incentives, beautiful offices.

Cons

Looking back, the only cons were just like any other corporate environment. Lots of meetings, acronyms etc but that's with any large org.

Keep on keepin' on, I really enjoy seeing the transformation to a design focused company from the outside. Brad is a very charismatic leader and that goes such a long way.