Intuit

3.9
1,623 Reviews

Intuit President & CEO Brad Smith
Brad Smith

Pros
  • Work life balance is excellent and there are a lot of opportunities to move within the company (in 327 reviews)

• Great benefits and opportunities for lateral moves within the company (in 154 reviews)

Cons
  • Steep learning curve makes work-life balance hard to find when you're new (in 51 reviews)

• Middle management does not have a clue on overall long-term direction of support departments (in 45 reviews)

More Highlights

Smart leaders, good product. Warning- Poor Immigration policy

Former Employee - Technical Data Analyst in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Data Analyst in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Smart people, challenging work and decent benefits. If you are lucky you may work directly with inspiring leaders directly.

Cons

They have internal rules for Green card policy which is not at all in sync in with USCIS .In most cases, its a flat EB3 policy for all job titles unless you have a title "staff software engineer" ONLY.

Change your immigration policy if you want to attract and retain smart talent. Your immigration policy is conservative , inaccurately interpreted and hurts more than helps.

I would still be there if there were year round opportunities

Former Employee - Software Support in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Software Support in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Intuit part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home, benefits even for seasonal/part time employees, management very in tune with employees needs, salary is great in comparison to local market

Cons

Mixing taxes, software, and the general public make for a very stressful environment. Working from home in this fast paced industry makes you feel isolated. No full time work from home opportunities.

Learn from mistakes and improve on them. Which you do, so keep it up!

Software Developer

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work life balance. Cool people. Nice work environment.

Cons

Steady pace. Management is slow to react. Takes time to get promote.

Be faster. Need to be more aggressive.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Intuit goes beyond teaching what is required to "just do the job". There are a number of initiatives like Net Promoter, TPS and other best practices that one can learn and take with them on their journey through life.

Cons

Sometimes there is a least common denominator mentality that stifles innovation. Unlike Apple or other great companies there is a great deal of fear where it comes to cannibalizing an existing market to create a new one.

Don't be afraid to make great leaps. Sometimes the unknown is scary, and shareholders even more so.

Great Place To Work

Current Employee - Human Resources
    Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There are A LOT of growth opportunities. Managers and Leaders invest in tons of workshops to help grow you as a professional. The company values aren't just on posters. They are lived, evaluated and demonstrated by employees and leadership. Each person @ Intuit is encouraged to have a voice. To challenge and push new ways of thinking. The company really takes great care of their employees in most ways. All leaders seem to have an open door policy. There's no level conscious culture involved with hierarchy there. Everyone is approachable.

Cons

Work & Life balance is seldom achieved. I got emails all hours and all days from most of my managers. Many managers expect because they are working and open like a 7-11 around the clock, you should be too. Sometimes I believe my performance evaluations were impacted because I drew tighter boundaries on working past 8pm at night after several years working there.

Lack of Recognition was consistent.

Employee Surveys are given every year but I rarely saw noticeable (improvement based) changes come from common themed feedback given by our functional group and BU's.

I worked for Intuit for several years. They went away from community and collectivistic team based work culture to a more self based & individualistic one. Many employees I experienced in the years just before resigning were only out to make themselves look good. They would act like great trusted work partners but in truth were throwing folks under the bus which seemed to become common place.

Good place to work

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

really cares about its employees
    trying to really innovate and moving to the cloud

Cons

slow to make decisions as its a very collaborative environment so may be frustrating for someone who wants things done quickly

Great Company built on innovation and customer back principals

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are some of the best! Intuit maintains an entrepreneurial spirit and is a challenging and rewarding company to work for. Success is recognized and rewarded. Failures are celebrated for the learning opportunities they are. The culture really is really top notch. Tenure is high despite recent reorganizations and shifts in direction. This is a company of leaders, and a place you can really flex and hone your craft. Nobody will stop you from charting your own course.

Cons

Par for the industry but there is never enough time in the day to get it all done. The company is in the midst of a services transformation and with that comes lots of course corrections. Not for the faint of heart.. There is a lot of 'dust' in the air due to recent reorgs...

Many innovative ideas are held up from being implemented due to alignment and future state initiatives.. Less emphasis on centralized control and consolidation; stronger guiding principals would remove barriers and ease tensions. Central teams need to push governance to BU's and rule with a softer hand...

A great company to work for with excellent benefits

I worked at Intuit full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are like no other company

Cons

Poor management in some areas of the company

Great Benefits. Perfect Work Life Culture

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome Benefits, Flexible, Great Co-workers

Cons

Too frequent changes to management. Hard to penetrate into the inner circle

Currently, they need a big innovation to keep up with the current world.

Best Place to work!

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I can't believe how much I enjoy working for Intuit. Pay and benefits are great, but the culture is everything. My friends find it hard to believe that a company that makes financial software could be so fun. We have a strong culture for giving back to the community, and sr leadership is highly engaged and supportive.

Cons

There are a lot of cons really. At times the company be a little bit meeting heavy, but it's not the end of the world and I have felt that at most places I've worked.

Keep it up!