Intuit Reviews

52 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
Employment Status

Reset

1. Incredible growth & development experience with supportive bosses. Hard work & high expectations (it's corporate).

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Investment in leadership development (workshops, coaching, etc.) Senior leaders live and company values and leadership models (or they don't last long) Diversity is valued Innovation is taught and practiced Flexible (dispersed) workplace and workforce is understood and practiced Supportive managers

Cons

Change management still an issue Limited career growth and slow to promote, could be better

Advice to Management

Very disappointed that we are weighed and measured...I'm talking about being paid to submit ourselves to blood tests and to having to fill out so-called health questionairres (which basically ask two things - if your fat and if you smoke) in order to get decent health insurance (if we don't fill them out we get crazy bad awful insurance). It crosses the line WAY to far. When I'd heard the blood tests were going to be mandatory, I thought I'd have to quit to protect my privacy. Now I hear that they are not mandatory this year, but that we'll be paid off. Now I'm just disgusted. I am an extremely healthy person (why is it I feel like I have to say this?) but I'm also a private person. And it freaks me out that my body is now considered available to the company to get cheaper health insurance rates. It also pisses me off that 90% of my co-workers will bend over and take it for 600 bucks off their insurance rates. We're Americans, remember?! Senior VPs and CEO, do you have to do this? I doubt it.

2. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

opportunities for career mobility and development

Cons

Tend to lag others when it comes to technology refresh

Great compensation, fabulous work life balance, poor career growth opportunities

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

1) Fabulous work life balance. Unlike some other bay area sweat shops (consumer electronic firms, etc) Intuit respects employee work life balance. You can work from home on any day of the week, take time off, etc. The lights in most buildings go off at 6: 00 pm. indicative of a healthy balance of work and personal life. 2) Great compensation. For the same compensation structure, you would have to jump 2-3 levels at other firms. A classic example is that Snr. PMs at Intuit usually make the same as Directors at comparable payment firms. 3) Emphasis on ethics 4) Openness of management. You can have meetings with exec. management as freely as with anyone else in the company. 5) Ability to learn. You get to work on many things while at Intuit and hone your skill sets.

Cons

1) Career growth. Intuit is very slow to promote and you can be at the same position for 5-10 years with no promotions. 2) Hinders innovation. Intuit has grown by inorganic innovation and acquisitions (Mint, Digital Insight, Homestead, etc). Hence it is very hard to be innovative within the company.

5. Great company, great people, great products and awesome place to advance one's career.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at Intuit

Pros

The founder Scott Cook is still awesome, very active and continually sets the tone of the company to focus on delighting customers and driving innovation. The engineering was (may still be) world class and the focus on customer understanding is second to none. The scale of technical challenges at Intuit is exciting...think about what it takes to assure turbotax is working the night before tax day or the challenges of having a product set as diverse as QuickBooks, Quicken, payroll, tax (pro and consumer), healthcare etc. and what it takes to make them all work together for the user, the enterprise backend and the employee wanting or needing to work on more than one offering.

Cons

In the last 2 years current employees have voiced concern over a growing trend to outsource more engineering work overseas. Of course Intuit needs to compete globally so Intuit needs to source globally. But working and managing outsourced teams is tough and will not get you the development velocity and rapid execution of small scrum teams located in the same office so expect some frustration and process changes when your "US attrition" gets back filled in India.

Advice to Management

Workplace.intuit.com is too QuickBooks centric. Small businesses are worried about retaining and acquiring new customers (data from Intuit) ... yet the number #1 reason for "why workplace?" the "...apps can work with QuickBooks".

Consistent

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

The People are great at Intuit

Cons

Internal transferring is tough at Intuit

Advice to Management

Hire within and provide more clarity in how to reach career aspirations

7. Great place to work! No place is perfect, but I think we are closer then most for the size of our company.

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Casual work place, flexible, allowing for creative and innovative work and support of each other.

Cons

Leadership is composed of not enough engineers.

Advice to Management

Large companies need to organize themselves into smaller startup type of groups to better enable innovative solutions and new products.

8. It's a challenging but energetic environment that thrives on teamwork

Current Employee - RDP Associate in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - RDP Associate in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

The people are committed to finding results that will have an impact in the marketplace. It's a naturally energetic environment.

Cons

The chances for career growth seem limited. It takes a person who clearly knows what they want to make career advancement happen.

Advice to Management

Management does a good job of inspiring. However, the track to advancement is not clear cut. It makes long-term career opportunity seem nebulous.

9. Nice place to work, nice people

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

People, healthy work-life balance, good benefits, good managers who listen to their employees

Cons

Lack of innovation, sometimes too much process driven

10. Good career move

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Great benefits and culture. Great people as well.

Cons

DIfficult to be move up

Overall pretty good; but quick to lay off employees when under duress

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at Intuit

Pros

Good work life balance, competitive benefits, intelligent employees, short commute, opportunities for paid community service, on-site cafeteria, team-building events, challenging work

Cons

Senior leadership is sometimes too vague about their goals, tend to layoff when times get tough, advancement opportunities limited depending on your role, stock grants are small for the 'little' people

Advice to Management

Look to your employees more for better insight to products/ideas; Intuit has many bright people that are creative and have a lot to offer senior management

Showing 52 of 1,941 reviews