Intuit

3.8
1,681 Reviews

Intuit President & CEO Brad Smith
Brad Smith

Pros
  • Work life balance is excellent and there are a lot of opportunities to move within the company (in 327 reviews)

• Great benefits and opportunities for lateral moves within the company (in 154 reviews)

Cons
  • Steep learning curve makes work-life balance hard to find when you're new (in 51 reviews)

• Middle management does not have a clue on overall long-term direction of support departments (in 45 reviews)

More Highlights

By far the greatest company I've worked for!!!

Current Employee - Service & Support Specialist in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Service & Support Specialist in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Intuit really does value and care for its employees and customers. Benefits and perks are one of a kind. Lots of opportunity for growth and development. Love it!

Cons

cannot think of any, so far it's been great.

Keep up the great work :)

Amazing Work-Life Balance

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

The company honors the entire needs of an individual, and creates norms around work-life balance, including promoting exercise, family time and other well-being measures. Amazing culture in that respect.

Cons

The company moves slowly at times, and in certain divisions. The approval process is confusing and overly-complicated.

I would encourage the middle managers to shorten up the approval process in order to get more innovations flowing through the company.

Software developer at Intuit

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The nature of work helped me gain good industry experience.
    The work-life balance here is great.

Cons

The work get monotonous after a while.

Stop twisting feedback out of context and keep anonymous feedback anonymous

Great company to work for

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Leading edge, progressive and positive

Cons

Can't think of anything worth mentioning

House of Cards

Former Employee - Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good products. Positive move into the cloud space. Stock price continues to rise. Lots of well-intentioned people. Nice campus, amenities and total rewards package. Great set of values, but... (see below)

Cons

You need to be politically savvy to survive and move up. See and be seen. Smile and wave at the right people. Beware pushing back or being blunt...the emperors are naked. Company values are openly violated by toxic leaders. HR department is complicit and/or lacking courage.

Several highly toxic top execs recently departed...but not before they chased aware/fired/demotivated/jaded many, many good employees. This is an open secret in the ranks...if you upset the wrong senior political force, you are done. Is this the culture you really want to aspire to?

Recommended Employer

Former Employee - Customer Service and Support Specialist in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service and Support Specialist in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Intuit full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Team work, job satisfaction, benefits, culture, great people to work for and with, you work hard and you will benefit. Customer Care. It would be a great asset to me and the company to be employed there again. The ranking they get as a great place to work is 100% true.

Cons

Don't be late to work or absent. Perfect attendance is a necessity.

There is no advice. The people that are chosen to be in Management are well trained and handle their responsibilities as they should. Intuit picks qualified individuals for their Management Team.

intuit is a great company with great people

Former Employee - Linux Administration in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Linux Administration in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Intuit is a stable well established company that is always looking for new ways to improve the lives of its user base. They are looking at new technologies that allow users to access the tools needed to run small business anywhere at anytime.

Cons

It is difficult to find a negative when it comes to Inuit. The one thing they could do to improve lives of employees is to get a new Workman's Comp insurance company. HR should also be trained on how the processes work for workman's comp because there does seem to be a lack of knowledge in the area of how work comp works and what is available to employees in order to help employees navigate a difficult process.

communication to employees can be slow. It would be better to let the employees know what is going on especially if it is going to effect their employment.

Ranked # 1 in my book!!!

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

ACTIVELY listen to, RESPECT & VALUE ALL communication including... employee, client & customer input; feedback, suggestions and inquiries. A true, genuine & honest TEAM work enviornment without being micromanaged!!!! Stellar and exponentially superior customer service, processes with unwavering dedication to always providing a positive experience.

Cons

The only con...that I didn't find such an awesome company sooner.

Look into another provider for conferencing;)

Customer service representative

Former Employee - Service & Support Specialist
    Former Employee - Service & Support Specialist

I worked at Intuit full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits began on your first day, a lot of company discounts, on site gym and cafeteria.

Cons

Favoritism. Customers can be difficult sometimes.

How can Intuit be a great place to work, if you never know if you have a job?

Former Employee - Tax Adviser (Seasonal) in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Tax Adviser (Seasonal) in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Intuit full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Tax Adviser job is pretty honest work, and you can refuse to commit fraud. It also lets you refuse to violate Treasury Circular 230. You will get great team members and you can encourage and coach each other.

Great support tools to help you find the answers for taxpayers.

Cons

Intuit is fixated on the NPS survey question, "Would you recommend TT to a friend?" It is very hard to get excellent from customers who received notices from the IRS that their taxes were wrong. Angry people are the most likely to fill out the survey. Your annual bonus depends on your score on the NPS question.... They don't tell you this in advance, but no one gets the full $5,000. However, most Tax Advisers gets something for a bonus.

However, having gotten a good evaluation on my last job at Intuit, I was offered to start back on January 5. To my surprise, last week, I was informed that they were no longer hiring me. They said my skills did not match despite my excellent evaluation.

So, why can't former Intuit employees return if they've gotten a passing evaluation? They've already proven they can take the pressure and research the questions.

I want my job back!!! What happened?