Invenergy Reviews

Michael Polsky

1. Great company and good people

Current Employee - Human Resource Professional in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Human Resource Professional in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Invenergy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great culture, team-focused, collaborative, entrepreneurial, rapidly growing so there are many opportunities for growth and advancement, true industry experts leading the company.

Cons

if you are inflexible and don't like change, this is not the place for you.

As the company is growing, Senior Management does make an effort to continually recognize hard work, and is making great strides in implementing more rewards to employees, but could do more to market the company to others that are not in the Energy industry.

2. Company needs a lot of work

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Invenergy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

small group feel. decent pay and they try to let you know what is going on with the company at least a few times a year. If you hate being on time for meetings, you're in great company.

Cons

you'll never get a full bonus. The company has 0 belief in a work-life balance. If you want to spend time with your family at all you will defiantly suffer for it. If your a women, watch out. Safety is of no concern to them. They even lost a suit recently for illegal pay and are being sued by former employees for a great many things including causing injuries. They have made 0 improvements. Lots of micromanagement and little to no training. They do not invest in the employees and there is little room to go up in position. The raises are usually around 1-2% with no raises for showing great improvement or years of service or for any other reason. High turn-over with most of the company. The admins are over worked so if you have to leave on business (you'll have to pay for it yourself and be reimbursed later) it can be several months before you get reimbursed. The CEO rarely looks at anyone if your not a department head.

Train your employees more instead of complaining they don't learn fast enough. Invest in your employees and act like you care.

3. Hostile Review

I worked at Invenergy

Pros

The pay is good. Good growth potential. Online and hands-on training available. Equal opportunity employer, and not a union job. You get paid to exercise. All the overtime you want. Always given the opportunity to travel to other sites.

Cons

Safety is not always first. The online training is good but is geared more to slowing advancement. Company policies constantly change to suit company needs more so than trying to follow OSHA guidelines. The younger you are the better. The average work day is over 12 hours.

Experience is more important than youth when conducting any kind of work in the wind industry; especially when working around a power plant. I personally would not want to have a death on my conscience.

Good place to work

I have been working at Invenergy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great work environment in a growing and interesting industry. There's a good balance between work/life balance. There are a lot of opportunities for growth and several social functions that promote team building and camaraderie throughout the year. The compensation is great with your typical benefits. Overall, it's a great place to work.

Cons

There could be more training opportunities that will allow for career development. Communication between groups is lacking at times.

Really interesting industry. Fast-paced, growing company.

I have been working at Invenergy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've learned a lot at Invenergy about an industry I find very interesting (clean energy). It's a challenging job but I have a good boss who is approachable, I can go to him with concerns or suggestions. The most senior company executives meet with the staff regularly, which is helpful in hearing from them directly. My co-workers are nice and work very hard. We also have a good office location right in the Loop near the train stations.

Cons

No major complaints about the company.

Good place to start your career.

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Invenergy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Salary and Bonus ar e competitive for some positions

Cons

The company doesn't develop its employees on an overall basis.

Develop company-wide goals for all departments and do place one department over the other as is the current structure.

Good company

I have been working at Invenergy full-time

Pros

There are a lot of really bright people at Invenergy, it's an entrepreneurial environment. The management is experienced and well-known in the industry. You learn a lot and are constantly challenged to excel. There is room to make an impact on what is a growing business. Colleagues generally are generous with their time in working together.

Cons

The only con is if you're not organized and highly-motivated. You can't get away with being a slacker.

Place is a morgue.

Former Employee - HRM in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - HRM in Chicago, IL

I worked at Invenergy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

None. Awful place to work. Went home everyday with a headache.

Cons

Micro-management all over the place. I rather work at McDonald's. Senior Management thinks they're very special. But, the funniest part is the current CFO worked at another company and bankrupted it. But, I guess the slate is clean by going to another organization.

Actually respect your hard working employees. Don't treat them like low level servents.

10. Okay

I have been working at Invenergy

Pros

Wind Energy is great and clean

Cons

Growth is driven by energy policy

None

11. A place to hone your time management skills

I have been working at Invenergy

Pros

If deadlines, multiple initiatives and time management are challenges that drive you, then Invenergy is the company for you. This is a growing company that is developing how it will conduct business today and long into future that requires results driven, self-managing persons who are flexible with ever evolving iniatives.

Cons

See the pros, if you don't fit that description and expect to collect a paycheck, don't seek a job here and look for a gov't job.

There's not much to say since even though there's a company vision, Invenergy's wind industry is ever evolving. They respond accordingly.