Invenergy

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael Polsky

Good place to work

ProsGreat work environment in a growing and interesting industry. There's a good balance between work/life balance. There are a lot of opportunities for growth and several social functions that promote team building and camaraderie throughout the year. The compensation is great with your typical benefits. Overall, it's a great place to work.

ConsThere could be more training opportunities that will allow for career development. Communication between groups is lacking at times.

Really interesting industry. Fast-paced, growing company.

ProsI've learned a lot at Invenergy about an industry I find very interesting (clean energy). It's a challenging job but I have a good boss who is approachable, I can go to him with concerns or suggestions. The most senior company executives meet with the staff regularly, which is helpful in hearing from them directly. My co-workers are nice and work very hard. We also have a good office location right in the Loop near the train stations.

ConsNo major complaints about the company.

Good place to start your career.

Senior Accountant (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsSalary and Bonus ar e competitive for some positions

ConsThe company doesn't develop its employees on an overall basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop company-wide goals for all departments and do place one department over the other as is the current structure.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company

ProsThere are a lot of really bright people at Invenergy, it's an entrepreneurial environment. The management is experienced and well-known in the industry. You learn a lot and are constantly challenged to excel. There is room to make an impact on what is a growing business. Colleagues generally are generous with their time in working together.

ConsThe only con is if you're not organized and highly-motivated. You can't get away with being a slacker.

Place is a morgue.

HRM (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsNone. Awful place to work. Went home everyday with a headache.

ConsMicro-management all over the place. I rather work at McDonald's. Senior Management thinks they're very special. But, the funniest part is the current CFO worked at another company and bankrupted it. But, I guess the slate is clean by going to another organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually respect your hard working employees. Don't treat them like low level servents.

Okay

ProsWind Energy is great and clean

ConsGrowth is driven by energy policy

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

A place to hone your time management skills

ProsIf deadlines, multiple initiatives and time management are challenges that drive you, then Invenergy is the company for you. This is a growing company that is developing how it will conduct business today and long into future that requires results driven, self-managing persons who are flexible with ever evolving iniatives.

ConsSee the pros, if you don't fit that description and expect to collect a paycheck, don't seek a job here and look for a gov't job.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's not much to say since even though there's a company vision, Invenergy's wind industry is ever evolving. They respond accordingly.

Good company, still growing

ProsGreat location near Chicago's river, and there is satisfaction knowing that one is working for a company that dedicates itself to clean energy

ConsThe pay is not equivalent to that available at larger companies. Invenergy is still a young company and is currently trying to find its niche

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease praise to employees for doing a good job, take a direction and go with it. Alternatives must be weighed in every decision, but too often this slows progress

Worked for Invenergy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Invenergy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Invenergy CEO Michael Polsky. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Invenergy employees.