Invenio Solutions

Updated August 18, 2014
Updated August 18, 2014

2.6

John Grady

Pros
  • cheap drinks, free coffee, nice facility, hours (in 9 reviews)

• None other than 8-5 paycheck until they fire you (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management walk around like they own the place (in 13 reviews)

• They keep repeating it is not a call center but that is proof it is (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

95 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

You won't like it if you don't bonus

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

Pros

I started with this company almost 2 years ago and company values have always focused on people first and making sure that the culture of the company is maintained no matter how big they get. I really enjoy being able to come to work with people who feel more like family than coworkers. The base pay is alright, but who would be sitting in an office all day on the phone if you couldn't bonus? Since I come to work from 8-5 M-F and actually work while I'm here, I enjoy the luxury of a bonus. It's not a hard job and most days, it's downright fun! (Corny, yes, but also true) They promote a healthy work/life balance. No overtime is every asked for or required and rarely is it allowed.

Cons

The cons are the same as any sales job is. The leads aren't perfect, but if they were I wouldn't have a job. I'm at a desk all day on the phone and people aren't always nice. It's phone-sales...what else should I expect? My biggest complaint is all the changes that have been made lately. Not that they've happened, because they've been largely beneficial and needed, but that they have not been communicated as well as they could have been.

It would be better if management communicated changes more directly. Rather than company-wide emails that leave employees feeling like their just missing something, they could visit different teams and open the floor for questions.

Ok but no room for advancement

Current Employee - Business Services Representative  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Business Services Representative in Austin, TX

Pros

MONDAY THRU FRIDAY 8-5, GOOD PEOPLE AND TRAINING. Decent bonus structure went from min of 500 in sales to 200 in sales to bonus so new hires can get bonus faster.

Cons

Been with company 2 years and wanted a senior sales position. Was told we hired someone from the outside from it. However when hired they say that they promote from within the company.

Listen to your employees. Maybe we are not selling what you think we should sell due to the lead list. Calling people who are current customers and who are not in business will not get you any sales. Tell people what is going on in the company. If someone with upper management is leaving and someone else is filling their spot let us know instead of hearing it thru the grapevine.

Well balanced entry level sales

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

Pros

They really take care of the employees, base salary is enough to get you by until commissions roll in. Great training and promotes within.

Cons

Commissions are hard to receive in that it is not until install complete and billed, a lot happens during that process. Can be more worried about 8am start time than production and execution.

Restructure your commission compensation

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The bad and the good

Current Employee - Inside Sales  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Austin, TX

Pros

It is a contract position for another company so often you can relax, take it easy and surf the web. You can see your manager and he is doing the same so no danger or anything. You can apply for a job and make calls hen you are ready. Since many numbers are out of commission you can finish your day early and then relax

Cons

Pay is low and commissions are never realized. The target is based on so much achievement but with these companies not existing or not wanting to ever hear from you again (you mark those down) there really is no chance youc an hit the commission structure they have dreamt up.

Nothing really. Stay out of our way and we will not bug you. They do lay people off all the time but everyone here is looking to get out anyway so it often coincides. The advice is for senior management not floor manager or call coaches they get it

Good First Sales Job

Current Employee - Business Development Representative  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Austin, TX

Pros

Very diverse crowd of employees. Laid back as far as business attire goes. You can pretty much wear whatever. There are classes to help you develop your sales skills. Management will work with you if you don't/can't meet your sales quota. Company events are very fun and entertaining and they give away all sorts of prizes. Hours are 8-5 M-F, which is nice

Cons

The leads are not so great. 90 percent of the leads you get are no answer, disconnect, or already customers. Sales are hard to get if you are inexperienced with closing. PTO accrues at a very small rate. Very difficult to take time off. The job tends to not go anywhere if you aren't experienced with sales.

Sometimes you just have to go to the doctors or get your license renewed. Life Happens. Also try not to micromanage too much. Too much pressure to meet sales quotas makes it harder to sell surprisingly.

Pay us more already

Current Employee - Sales Inside  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Inside in Austin, TX

Pros

Air conditioned and not too hot inside the building
    A couple of trees line the outside of the building providing shade for breaks
    Near my house

Cons

bad pay, almost minimum wage for sales
    Will not hit the bonus they keep promising. The quota is not clear and sometimes not even available.
    Really crummy I would say, at least manager is not micromanaging so you can search for a new job.

Pay us more. People are leaving and looking and this city does not have enough people for you to recruit more new people no one wants to join for these reasons. Share some of your overpaid salary.

Cronyism, Ego, and Indifference

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

Pros

7-4 , 8-5, or 9-6 workday.

Cons

Everything - but especially the incompetence and arrogance of all upper management and the in-human resources department. Pitiful excuse for "management"

The CEO needs to completely clean house and take a deep long look before that house of cards falls. Mr. Grady seems like a nice guy but he is to blame for turning a blind eye to Invenio's many problems.

One Star is to much for Invenio Solutions.

Former Employee - Microsoft Inside Territory Manager  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Microsoft Inside Territory Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

If you can be bought with cheap drinks and a company that has no ethics this is your place. Hurry they are ready to lie to you too.

Cons

This is a company that is 100% cold calling. They will tell anything to make you feel different don't be fooled. No quality control, the more you make up the more you get paid. Microsoft one day you are going to see what is really in that pipeline.

Career Goals & Advancement not at Invenio. They will tell you you can apply for a management job and oh they already have given the job to someone else outside the company a week ago. Suprise! Don't make plans to advance at Invenio. Invenio's Open Door policy is we lie to your face.

When Invenio Solutions tried to use Glass Door they sent out a company wide email from one of the owners to preasure employees to go on and write something nice. Beware of the glowing reviews on here. I would bet uper managment is writing them. Everyone that expressed truthful reports were called loosers and other names in the email. I guess that is more of the People Frist stuff.

Goals are out of touch with reality.

Fire your managers and find out what is really going on in your company. You renamed your HR Department "People First" might need to learn what that means first. I guss if you say it enough people will belive it. Invenio's "People First" policy is to lay people off with no notice at 3:30 and cut their benifits the same day. People First sounds more like Profit First! Just be truthful John Grady or is that to much to ask.

Call center

Current Employee - Microsoft Premier Sales  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Microsoft Premier Sales in Austin, TX

Pros

The call coaches sit with you a few minutes but really they know the deal and spend most of the time on their phones and applying to get away from it all. It is a pay Check but they pink slip people every month,

Cons

They keep repeating it is not a call center but that is proof it is. You have to do a ton of cold calls every day. Most numbers are disconnected and hang up anyway. I hate it.
    Then they have a call coach sitting there saying jump in and give them a reason to talk to you.

Thanks for the job and all. I know it's temp for you and me and everybody here so since we will meet somewhere else soon please try to be a little nicer. We can part way as friends.

The best of the best

Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Austin, TX

Pros

Love love love working at Invenio. I am learning a lot and with permission work harder than most by coming in early and leaving late. I love maximizing my commission, creating a career path for myself and definitely serving the many tier one companies that trust their sales and mantra to Invenio Marketing Solutions

Cons

None. I am learning as fast as possible to better serve my company, our contracts and my pocketbook lol

Thanks a lot for all the time you spend with us and coach and guide us. I can definitely see this job blossoming into a life-long career at Invenio.

Worked for Invenio Solutions? Contribute to the Community!