Invenio Solutions

Updated October 13, 2014
Updated October 13, 2014
2.6

John Grady

Pros
  • cheap drinks, free coffee, nice facility, hours (in 10 reviews)

• Great work life balance, fun management that recognizes you for your accomplishments (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management walk around like they own the place (in 13 reviews)

• They keep repeating it is not a call center but that is proof it is (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Fast paced, fun, and repetitive.

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Winchester, VA
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Winchester, VA

I have been working at Invenio Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You've got a great team at the Winchester location with managers that understand. Employees are friendly. Entire office is very clean and nice. Good freedom to work at your pace (though your pace needs to be moderately fast at times). Start with PTO and accrual rate is good. Pay is at least fair for the area. Paid holidays off.

Cons

The work can sometimes be somewhat repetitive. You're basically saying the same thing 60-75 times a day in voice mails, but that's just the nature of the job. Routines feel like they change weekly.

Be more positive and friendly with the BDRs. Don't be afraid to make small talk with us if you run into us in the break room.

Loved my team! Head of HR is amazing but not a career

I worked at Invenio Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

My team was like my family! Love them to death and even though some HR reps have no idea what they are doing. Head of HR was great to me and fought for me when it was needed. Good insurance and easy earned pto

Cons

Very unprofessional in many areas. Favoritism is definitely apparent. If you sale a lot you can get away with murder but once its below average watch your back. I diD both and could definitely see the difference.

Invenio provided necessary and valuable experience

Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Invenio Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company provided me with the tools and guidance to take my first sales job to the next level. It gave me the opportunity to see what I could make of myself. There's a saying that says the biggest hindrance in life is yourself. This job proved this to me, and coming in with a positive, driven attitude, and not letting others affect your emotions will allow you to excel in almost any environment.

Making dozens of calls a day was not always rainbows and butterfly's, it is not always a fun thing to do, but I made the best of it. I kept a team oriented attitude and when I wanted to give up, I pushed myself harder because I knew the reward would be that much more satisfying when I obtained it...if I didn't achieve my goal I sure as heck would learn something out of my failures. The reward was anything from money, a customer going from disappointing to grateful, or being noticed/recognized for the work you've done etc. I was promoted multiple times and moved on to new opportunities backed by the experience Invenio provided. I am thankful and appreciative for the individuals from this company who took part in getting me where I am today.

Cons

It can be challenging being promoted or moving departments unless you are resourceful and driven.

It's not all bad

I have been working at Invenio Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a job and you're expected to come to work and do your work. There are frequent team building events, contests where electronics, flat screen TV's and other gifts are up for grabs, team lunches and breakfast and great hours with no overtime. You're rewarded for hitting quota not only with a bonus, but monthly individual awards are given to those who go over and beyond. One on ones are provided where you individually meet with your manager to discuss any issues you have or help that you may need. There is a new Learning Management System that provides tons of training classes for anyone who wants to invest in themselves. Invenio is a great place to get experience, training and steady work with great benefits. It's not as bad as some of these other reviews makes it out to be - It's a Job!

Cons

Pay could be better, earned PTO is not paid if you leave or don't use it and if you're looking for career advancement, this may not be the place for you.

In One Word - Ruthless

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Invenio Solutions full-time

Pros

I considered myself employed by their client - the largest software company. Little involvement in the politics of the company.

Cons

Invenio is underhanded and greedy when it comes to commission pay-outs. No clear documentation on commission pay-outs. Really.... just an IM with a cut/paste from a spreadsheet showing your final ration of payout. There have been many disputes with no resolution over the years. Invenio is now faced with a lawsuit which will hopefully make them change their ways.

Great company, but client makes things difficult

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Invenio Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work life balance, fun management that recognizes you for your accomplishments.

Cons

No opportunity for advancement, client changes dynamics and pay too often and it makes things very challenging

If it wasn't broken....why try to fix it?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA

I have been working at Invenio Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice friendly coworkers. Great works hours

Cons

Trying to promote people first organization without people leaders. Company says its a sales center but runs exactly like a call center. Low level management running day to day operations. There is no leadership.

Look up the definition of leadership. Aren't you questioning why we hardly had enough room in the facility and now it is a ghost town? Have you looked at the retention rate of employees and clients? It's so sad to see what it was over a year ago compared to now. If it wasn't broken.....why try to fix it?

Learning experience

Former Employee - Technology Solutions Specialist in Las Colonias, TX
    Former Employee - Technology Solutions Specialist in Las Colonias, TX

I worked at Invenio Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I was on contract with a global technology company - that was fantastic! Fast paced work environment. Opportunity to learn and grow. Very dynamic. For me I create my own work environment and I was able to do that at this company.

Cons

Onboarding was poor. Moral was poor. The company lacks some core values. High turn over. People were put into management roles who had no business being managers.

Treat people like you say. A mentoring program would great.

Great experience for interns getting their feet wet in Information Technology

Former Employee - IT Intern
    Former Employee - IT Intern

I worked at Invenio Solutions as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I worked in the IT department. My mentors were always willing to chat about what I was working on. They answered any questions and really taught me a lot about business and IT. The company is overall very friendly and talkative. In the IT department, they really provided several valuable learning opportunities. I will really miss working here.

Cons

I was not a sales person and did not have a lot of experiences that negatively impacted my time there.

Think about the company's goals for 2020 and understand the sacrifices and price to achieve that goal (investing in the company). Think about how IT is impacted with decisions and by investing in IT, you're investing in the company's success.

Very demotivating

Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at Invenio Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Promises promises promises and a big kitchen with fridge and microwave unfortuantely there are no juices or soup or free beverages for you to partake like my last job.
    Friends are cool and we help each other because we are in the same boat here

Cons

low pay, quick to fire people because 1- lost a contract/contract ended or 2- results not there within a short period. It is a joke. No one wants to hear from you and people hang up and do not return calls or the number is disconnected and then we get blamed. I mean how can I sell a service if customer interrupts you and hangs up??

you get on the phone and see what a mess it is. No the customers do NOT have a need. I think you need to change direction from taking contract clients money and then running after a different contract to a more stable business model
    Please pay us a LOT more. That would give us some motivation