Invensys

www.invensys.com

Invensys Reviews

Updated Jul 6, 2014
Invensys – Plano – “Invensys Corporate Headquarters”

Invensys CEO Wayne Edmunds

Wayne Edmunds

Pros
  • good work life balance, good bosses, great colleagues(in 5 reviews)

• Large company with good benefits standard to ones of equal size, work flexibility largely depends on your own manager, and opportunities to travel(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management lost sight of being an "engineering solutions driven company", the focus went to the bean counters(in 5 reviews)

• Senoir leadership has no strategy at all as result the direction of the company changes every 6-9 months(in 3 reviews)

great company

Prosgreat flexibility. people oriented management

Consoutdated facility. constrained budgets in the past.

Intern

Intern (Former Employee) Carlsbad, CA

ProsVery friendly, and intelligent environment.

ConsA rather small setting, but everyone is able to know each other better.

Good experience

Prospeople are nice and collaborative

Conslong hours and not high pay

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good starting Job

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Lake Forest, CA

ProsLots of learning experiences and chances to work on new things. Bouncing from project to project with very different problems to face.

ConsRevolving door of management and staff in general. Every week or so you turn around and someone either went to a new group or left the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more into your staff even in the struggling projects. Give credit to the people who commit to doing things right not just fast.

N/A

Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood environment, good work places

ConsNot really any so far

Too much dead wood

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Foxboro, WI

ProsThe individual contributors are very good. If you are motivated you can really drive your own projects.

ConsToo many managers slow things down. Also many people have been there for decades so you always encounter, "that's how we have always done it"

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micromanaging your employees

Invensys is a very good company to work for.

Client Sales Executive (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsInvensys has very skilled and knowledable people. Better than average pay for their salespeople. Provides opprtunities within the company to grow and expand your career.

ConsSimilar to other large companies, there can be unnecessary red tape and politics. Foxboro is not a top of the line DCS system and needs to be improved.

Advice to Senior ManagementEliminate the CQA process.

Very positive. As a contract employee I was allowed to participate in a management role.

Supply Chaing Senior Commercial Manager (Former Employee) Foxborough, MA

ProsVery agressive in it's efforts to support a dificult China Nuclear Project.

ConsSeemed to always be behind the eight ball.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the strong presence in the Nuclear Energy arena.

Appliance Controls Division

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Carol Stream, IL

ProsGlobal company, good client base. Worked on innovative projects for years. Engineering was a tight knit group and pulled together very well.

ConsUpper management lost sight of being an "engineering solutions driven company", the focus went to the bean counters.
    Major layoffs became a way of life with little or no warning.
    Management tended to blow sunshine up everyone's tush while the company was sinking.
    Company is imploding; major divisions of the company are being sold off. Unfortunately I worked in the "leftover" division which has no future.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to what made the company strong; be honest with your employees.

Leader in industry

ProsGood, dedicated, talented, responsible people

Consspreadsheet management and internal bickering

Worked for Invensys? Contribute to the Community!