Invensys Controls

Invensys Controls Reviews

Updated October 13, 2014
Updated October 13, 2014

Mike Caliel

Good work life balance, not good direction

Current Employee - Project Engineer (Mechanical Engineering) in West Plains, MO
    Current Employee - Project Engineer (Mechanical Engineering) in West Plains, MO

I have been working at Invensys Controls full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There is a good work atmosphere, the coworkers and schedule make work enjoyable. Lots of automation for cost reductions

Cons

Low margin on several components drive manufacturing and design to low wage regions of the world. Established designs effective but not innovative.

Need to develop new products, and incentives that help establish a pride in the products.

Disappointed in a Promising Position

Former Employee - Quality
    Former Employee - Quality

I worked at Invensys Controls full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and the people there are very down to earth. They had a great reputation in the nuclear industry at one time, but it is slowly fading. I hope that the new management is capable of bringing this area under Schneider Electric back to its glory days.

Cons

Some of the requests for me to fulfill were unethical or questionable. Amazed that some of the things employees are allowed to get away with there as I have not worked for an organization before where I was asked to lie. Also, as a person who used to audit such companies as this one to be a supplier for nuclear work, I would hesitate at their current practices and ask a lot of questions. If you are considering them as a potential contractor, I suggest a lot of oversight from the contracting organization.

Pay attention to audits conducted by your staff as they are informative and could assist your business in the future.

Overall positive place to work

Former Employee - Quality Engineer in Carol Stream, IL
    Former Employee - Quality Engineer in Carol Stream, IL

I worked at Invensys Controls full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work life balance was good

Cons

I found limited opportunity for advancement

Great experience at Invensys controls

I have been working at Invensys Controls full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great products, Supportive management, Good people

Cons

You will never get rich

Salaries could be higher

A little plant with the will to succeed.

I worked at Invensys Controls full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Engineering focused, consisent drive for goals

Cons

program of the week, lack of transparency

great place to work and learn.

Former Employee - Model Maker in Carol Stream, IL
    Former Employee - Model Maker in Carol Stream, IL

I worked at Invensys Controls full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

good pay and people that cares

Cons

no top down infomation so the low man can fell like part of the company

talk to the low man he knows more then you think

KAOS, Confused Management and Confused Chief Scheduler and his strategy is to hire and fire schedulers

Current Employee - Senior Project Controls Engineer in Lake Forest, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Controls Engineer in Lake Forest, CA

I have been working at Invensys Controls

Pros

They have good food and it is free for all employees. The company has a play ground and allows employees to play during their off hours. I liked the fact that certain departments really cared about their employees, but the department I was in (Scheduling) had a manager and me. He kept me in the dark and did not let me setup project schedule meetings with anyone.

Cons

Project managers will not cooperate with Project controls, and they will ask you why you are there, when you are there to help them, but they don't want it. During my time there, they did not cooperate with me at all. I have worked for 3 of the top contractors in the world. Project controls manager is extremely incompetent and will try to get rid of you just to secure his position. You will be the sacrificial lamb

Allow project controls engieer to get invloved with the project. Make project controls a part of the monthly report and require weekly or bi-weekly updates. Get rid of the Project Controls Manager that does not produce and keeps complaining that we have too much to do.

Lots of Promises, but no follow-through

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carol Stream, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carol Stream, IL

I have been working at Invensys Controls

Pros

Decent Pay and benefits. Most of the people you work with are great to get along. Nice to still have a job in this economic environment (knock on wood).

Cons

Management simply does not listen to anybody who has any clue as to what is going on or how to fix a variety of problems. A lot of micromanaging and low expectations. And, as mentioned by another poster, they frequently fix the preformance rating system. They will give EE (Exceeds Expectations) ratings to lower level employees with lower salaries because the impact of giving that employee a higher percentage raise is minimal.

Acknowledge your employees and stop fixing the supposed fair and honest performance management system. The Invensys "Values" are a joke otherwise and we all see right though you. Tough economy or not people will start moving on and many people are looking.

Of all the jobs I worked at after getting out of the Air Force, Invensys Controls is the most satisfying.

Current Employee - Assembler in West Plains, MO
    Current Employee - Assembler in West Plains, MO

I have been working at Invensys Controls

Pros

The Pay-rate is above average for the area the Company is located at and the benefits package is more than satisfactory. I also like the way Management recognizes safe work habits, by giving the employees a free dinner.

Cons

Working 10 hour days can be trying at times, especially when working overtime, that really cuts into the much needed time off.

I've noticed how alot of people treat their job as a social club, they spend more time standing around talking to their friends and not doing actual work. Higher quality and more quantity of work could be done, if everyone would concentrate on doing their jobs instead of talking to their friends. My advise to leadership is to try to restrict the amount of socializing that is going on, which in turn would cut down on mistakes made on the job.

GREAT COMPANY not enough time, Yet Integrity Questioned?

Current Employee - PM in Carol Stream, IL
    Current Employee - PM in Carol Stream, IL

I have been working at Invensys Controls

Pros

Great people, benefits, excellent bosses, balance between work and home, nice challenging postion , great team workers/ players, always learning new things, egineering awesome group, upper management very professional, focused, learned much from upper manaegment.

Cons

Was recruited from different company where I had job security only to be layed off 5 months later from Invensys Controls the comapny whom recruited out of a stable employment. This was not fair and has cause me and my family to become homelss. They gave a severance for 6 weeks but it was not enough after unemployment was finsished, now 2010 and I am still unemployeed. Why would they recruite me just to lay me off 5 months later? While they (management) have a job to take care of there families they left me out here fending for mine. I knew I should have not let go of my last job. ughh! I Had the gut feeling when I went to sign the papers at HR however; they made me feel like there was growth , and room for advancement, and that the position was stable . Yeah, only to learn they were going to offer me an advancement of 5 months later out the door. I learned no matter how nice people are (bosses, collegues etc, ) when it comes to business they could careless how they impact your or how they leave them begging for shelter or food. I have a child who has special need and before I took the job I had inquired are you sure you did not change this position from contractor to perm just to get me in here? They said, "no why would I go through all of that trouble"? to get you in? I had to make certain this was not a temp position, yet, they gave me their word . Only to shortly discover they DID NOT HONOR THEIR WORD... Something inside of me was ringing an alarm but I did not follow my gut insitinct. Everyones situation is more challening for others, I do not have support from extended family to help me or my kids in this situation and goverment funding is very little to support a family. This company is a very nice company, however I was completely decieved by them recruiting me and laying me off 5 months later, and what really hurts is there lack of concern mostly integrity. But I should have known better when I had that gut feeling how they changed the contract position to perm. There was much bias as to whom they were going to keep at the downsize. Overall, eliminating how they disprupted mine and my childrens life and not honoring their word (hints as they said they are of an honor system) the company as a whole is very very good place. Had I been there longer and not lied to it would have been thumbs up

You should carefully consider how you impact peoples lives when you recruit them out of a different company, just to lay them off 5 months later. Not only are you disprupting an employees life but also that of there family small children etc. Do to them as you would have others do onto you anr your family. You have NO idea what lasting impacting affect you caused me and my family. When you promise something you should be a people of integrity (which is your companys philosphy statement) and honor your word. I inquired if this was a temp position considering you changed it from contractor to perm, I inquired were you going to let me go later in a few months? I was told NO, we are bringing you on board perm. As I see it was done to convince me to leave my other position, yet all along it was planned to let me go in the time frame of a contractor.
    Enclosing: I do not know how you can sleep with a clear conscious or look at yourselfs in the mirror. Do not say you are a company of intergrity and you fail miserably at honoring your word.

Do onto others as you would like it done onto you and your family.