Invent Now Reviews

Reset
3.6
CEO

1. Great place to work

I worked at Invent Now (More than a year)

Pros

It was the best place I have ever worked! They treat their staff very well. It feels like a group effort and a team. My coworkers quickly became great friends. I am still sad I left this job, but another opportunity presented itself. I really loved everyone I worked with.

Cons

You couldn't depend on what kind of hours you would get each week. Sometimes got sent home early if it was slow.

2. Officially a non-profit, but it's not really.

I worked at Invent Now

Pros

The company is very profitable, and therefore pay is higher than traditional non-profits. When I was there, benefits were good and company covered a large portion of the cost.

Cons

It's all about the revenue. Don't let the non-profit tag fool you, it's all about the revenue. Nothing else matters, when push comes to shove.

3. Top-Notch Company

I have been working at Invent Now

Pros

Invent Now has a mission and vision that is clear, understandable, and really sets the tone for everyone working here. The opportunities provided to employees are uncommon compared with other companies. There's an energy and excitement that permeates through departments. The creativity and innovative spirit is apparent from the top of the organization down.

Cons

Every organization has challenges, but whatever are here pale in comparison to any of my prior experiences.

Advice to Management

Continue to challenge employees to bring the best out of us.

5. Good place to work

Former Employee - Intern in North Canton, OH
    Former Employee - Intern in North Canton, OH

I worked at Invent Now part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Invent Now was a really great place to work. I enjoyed myself there. Also, the people there were nice, as well.

Cons

Some of the work was a little bit monotonous. Additionally, there was a bit of construction going on in the building, which could arguably become a bit of a distraction.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

6. Love my job!

I have been working at Invent Now full-time

Pros

What makes them noteworthy: Company mission/history/vision/culture, great leadership. You know you are taking part in something meaningful. The strategic planning for the company's future is very exciting.

This is unlike any other organization.The dynamics and atmosphere is something I've never experienced before. People are happy here, and it is noticeable. There is plenty of room for promotion within. It's a great feeling knowing we are impacting lives through our programs.

Cons

Training is a work in progress.

Advice to Management

Showing appreciation and positive reinforcement will always impact productivity.

7. Always improving

Current Employee - Coordinator in North Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Coordinator in North Canton, OH

I have been working at Invent Now full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are great. It's a smaller company so you get to be involved in a lot of important projects regardless of your title. There have been a lot of promotions since I started.

Cons

There is a lot of work and not enough people to spread it to.

Advice to Management

Solicit ideas from the employees more often.

Hope you graduated with a degree in butt kissing and minored in stomaching hypocrisy.

Former Employee - Operations in Canton, OH
    Former Employee - Operations in Canton, OH

I worked at Invent Now full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A genuine company mission that makes the Kool Aid easy to swallow

Cons

Poor management across all departments; inappropriate sexual behavior involving upper managemen, to name a few

Advice to Management

You can't give advice to a management team that is completely deaf to everything but the sound of their own voices. The company culture is really a high school level hierarchy, and if the Queen Bee can't use you for her benefit, she will snuff you out, no mercy. Top executives fraternize with employees that work under them. The company recently underwent a "re-branding" which was really a re-packaging of the same business structure with a new website that functions like a Speak n Spell I had in 1984. The execs and board are so busy patting themselves on the back for a smokes and mirrors re-brand, they are losing sight of what made this company so amazing. The people that work their butts off, day after day. If you apply, I hope you are young and white, and make sure you wear your cutest Banana Republic outfit, because, trust me, it matters.

Good Stuff

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in North Canton, OH
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in North Canton, OH

I worked at Invent Now as an intern

Pros

Awesome values and company mission, it felt good contributing to the company. Management cared about my future. Company seemed to always be improving their many facets.

Cons

Company culture was lacking, I didn't know very many people outside of my department that worked there. Management was working to improve this while I was leaving though.

Advice to Management

Good Stuff

10. Trust No One

Former Employee - Customer Service in Canton, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Canton, OH

I worked at Invent Now full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

decent salary, incentives for meeting goals

Cons

climate has changed,co workers are not truthful, no room for advancement, must work overtime with no pay or comp time for it

11. Overall, not a bad place to work

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in North Canton, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in North Canton, OH

I worked at Invent Now

Pros

I did not work for Invent Now Kids for very long in order to give a fair and balanced judgment, but overall it was not a bad experience. As far as a customer service job is concerned, it could have been much worse. Most people were calling to report positive experiences and the vast majority of those requesting refunds were for personal reasons, and not because of any ill-will towards the company. The work environment is laid-back, fun, and fosters a good sense of community.

Cons

Long days with a similar task all day long, can be repetitive and boring without much opportunity for new tasks. Management had a bad habit of playing favorites at times.

Advice to Management

Give employees more meaningful responsibilities to round out the day, and try more constructive and empathetic approaches to criticism

RSS Feed </> Embed