InventHelp Reviews

47 reviews filtered by
4.8
Robert Susa

1. Great company to work for

I have been working at InventHelp

Pros

I have been working at InventHelp for nearly 15 years. This company works constantly to provide the best services for our inventor clients. The company culture is one where ingenuity and hard work are rewarded. InventHelp is a great place to work.

Cons

I am very happy here.

2. Client Services Representative

Current Employee - Client Services Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Client Services Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at InventHelp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interesting day to day. You will not have the same day twice. Plenty of chances to be creative and plenty to find interesting and entertaining. You work with other departments and the whole staff appreciates the job. You can't stay here and be a "stick in the mud" employee. I enjoy working with so many hard workers.

Cons

High volume and high output required to succeed. Not for the faint of heart. Be on point! Never let your guard down when seeing a project through. No time to redo something.

Advice to Management

My managers are great. Look closely at projects and responsibilities before making assignments.

3. Are all these glowing reviews for the same company I work for?

Current Employee - Telesales in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Telesales in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at InventHelp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sammy's corned beef is just downstairs.

Cons

No training, no processes or procedures, no support, deeply misleading interview promises, bullying manager, bullying sales tactics.

Advice to Management

In a highly legally regulated industry, my training was "Walk around and listen to the other reps." Because there are no formal procedures, each rep is doing things differently, and each believes their way is right. We only find out what's supposed to be done after we've been busted for doing it wrong - including, at times, illegally. When I was newly hired and I repeatedly requested training, I was told to "make a list of the things you don't know." Make a list of procedures I don't know exist??? How was I to guess that "send them the SOC" did not mean "send them the SOC"?

When I insisted on receiving training for their labyrinth of custom programs including the CRM, I got a rushed fifteen minutes. And one of the programs I asked about, the one used to generate contracts and process payments? I was told "Oh, I forgot to give you access but don't worry, you don't need it yet." End of my formal training on the computer systems. The other reps are supportive but, again, there is no standardization so the advice varies from rep to rep.

I understand that intimidation is a legitimate sales style, but it is not the ONLY legitimate sales style, and it is not mine. The strongly recommended style for telesales here is intimidation. Bullying people who are, predominantly, of less than average intelligence and are living paycheck to paycheck, if they have jobs at all. The battle cry is "They're lying! Get their money!" (a direct quote from the manager, shouted on multiple occasions).

Seems to me that if upper management really is as stellar as all these other reviews paint them, they'd be appalled at what's going on below them. Or do they actually want an untrained sales staff, working with cumbersome systems, preying on the weak?

5. This 30-year-old company is a great place to work. There’s a sense of “can do” here that's refreshing.

Current Employee - Communications in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Communications in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at InventHelp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The camaraderie, work-life balance ... almost a sense of family. Many of the employee base have worked here for several years. Also, the staff are happy to get involved in local and national charitable events. Since I've been here, we've been to see a Major League Baseball game, toured the city on an open-topped London bus and had two parties. And the work still gets done!

Cons

The commute caused by all the roadwork.

Advice to Management

None so far.

6. Strong Opportunities Loaded for everyone

Current Employee - Tech Support Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Tech Support Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at InventHelp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing company! you can learn a lot and work with amazing smart people. There are several projects that are challenging and help you to keep growing in your profession. Strong leadership team, very collaborative environment. Working Time flexibility, Nice work ambience, Good employee benefits and policies, less work pressure, lots of entertainment activities, company discount on cafeteria food and travel concessions.

Cons

Cant find except some management part.

Advice to Management

Not really.

7. Define your valued career with InventHelp

Current Employee - Senior Research Program Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Research Program Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at InventHelp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for, with awesome benefits. Many locations, competitive pay, and advancement opportunities and tuition reimbursement, and excellent training staff and security staff is very nice and pleasant to work with. Very glad to be a part of a great company and an awesome industry. Family environment very close knit. HR policies are OK you may not find anything special. Everything goes as per project and client requirements and their own policies.

Cons

Not any found with the company in my whole work tenure.

Advice to Management

8. An experience you can never forget.

Current Employee - Channel Development Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Channel Development Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at InventHelp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company has an incredible culture, the people are amazing, the problems we solve always challenge us and we have the special opportunity to be a part of something great. Things I like the best is the freedom we have to choose our projects, the people around the company all have the same entrepreneur mentality making it a great place to solve tough problems and make the world more open and connected.

Cons

Can be decided by management if they can bring in more value for the people.

Advice to Management

Not really.

9. Define yourself strongly through values & growth

Current Employee - Public Relations Executive in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Public Relations Executive in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at InventHelp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very bright, talented folks. Never had a problem finding someone to bounce ideas or discussions with. The company is fantastic and tremendous in resources and ability to get things done. Yes, there are many complaints but I think this has to do more that the type of people hired in tend to be analytical and critical.

Cons

none but can their approach be far better than this at the moment.

Sales Representative

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at InventHelp full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A challenging sales position. Company training was ongoing and helpful. There was great camaraderie among the sales people and other employees.

Cons

Challenges included costs of doing business, sometimes a lack of leads. Work hours included nights and Saturdays, so if you're looking for a 9-5 job, this isn't it.

11. Strong Team Work & Management

Current Employee - Research Associate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at InventHelp part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very Good Company. It has excellent Work Culture, The company offers Flexible Timings, l. Immense Growth Opportunities. Work life balance , Work From Home options , Free Food & Transport, Free access to internet , Good work culture. There is Strong Management Control that encourages talented employees to take challenges and perform. Great environment to work in, positive people all around. Conducive environment for growth. Good work satisfaction for everyone. Good salary and benefits package. Nice friendly colleagues.

Cons

Not any found so far while i worked with the co.