Invesco

Invesco Reviews in Houston, TX

Updated Jul 6, 2014

Invesco President, CEO, and Director Marty Flanagan

Marty Flanagan

Pros
  • training, work style, work life balance(in 6 reviews)

• Good benefits including paid time off and 401k plan(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Understaff, hard to move up unless you know how to play 'the game'(in 3 reviews)

• Poor work life balance and culture(in 3 reviews)

36 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Company in transition

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsMore employee oriented than some. Quality management structure. Good top level transparency. Good career opportunities.

ConsCompany began major restructuring under CEO who joined in 2006. There has been and will continue to be above average transitioning of employee locations, organizational structure and so forth and the company continues to move (correctly) towards a globally functional organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Decent work, not so great pay, disappointing management.

Fund Accountant (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsSome people in management were fantastic, somewhat flexible work environment. Pay was not terrible, and benefits were mediocre. The hours are typically very relaxed and the work is not difficult.

ConsSome people in management were absolutely terrible and ruined the experience for everyone. I found that they had a great reputation at our school, but that was for the finance division. The accounting departments aren't nearly as enticing. Salary wasn't competitive and I would not go to work there again. I would say if you are ambitious and are wanting to move up it would take years to do so here. The work is not very challenging and when they don't hire enough people the hours can be terrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe nice to your employees! Some management are amazing, but they are few and far between. The rest, they can be rude and ruin your career.

No Support from IT Management

Senior Architect (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsCo-Workers, business users are great people.

ConsNot up with technology best practices and designs. IT Management not willing to listen to technical staff experts recommendations.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart trusting your IT staff recommendations.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Afternoon reporting

Afternoon Reporting (Former Employee) Houston, TX

Prosnice job and i liked the mgmt

Consno vacation becasue you need to be at work

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Great for new grads

Analyst (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsLearn a lot from the industry. This will look good on a resume and for future employers.

ConsUnderstaff, hard to move up unless you know how to play 'the game'. There's a lot of favorites in our dept. it's who you know not what you know.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive employees more incentives maybe they'll work a lot longer instead of leaving within 2 years.

Fund Accountant

Fund Accountant (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat Experience for recent grads - Learn a ton

ConsWorkload is extreme. Management does not care about staff - I know this because I have a neighbor in management. Staff turnover is constant. Compensation is well below industry standards but this is part of their strategy - hire tons of recent grads for cheap and they get the necessary "experience needed" for every job they wanted. It is definitely a good place to start but the second you can leave, do it.

Also, they don't promote from within. Period.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have none. It is like talking to a brick wall.

Good info to learn, hard to move from entry level.

Client Service Representative (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsI worked with a few great people.

ConsExtremely hard to move up, it took me years. Team leads and supervisors all seem as though they hate their jobs, which made things harder on us. Lots of attitude and ego here, and there shouldn't be. Everyone is supposed to be available to "help" yet the dodge phone calls or answer annoyed at you for calling.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your people what you should. You know the job ISNT easy, they admit all the time but yer the pay still sucks. Hire better team leads and sups.

Great Company they really take care of you.

Fund Accountant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat people and perks at the company

ConsMust be fast on your feet because their is no training program.

Zero employee loyalty

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat place to gain experience in asset management industry

ConsInstead of weeding out bottom 10%, they annually weed out top tenured people. It's frustrating to see long-timers leaving year after year for no reason other than tenure & associated pay. Get experience but don't plan on growing your career here.

Not a place that encourages employees to excel. Those who don't do, get ahead.

Analyst (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe benefits are OK. If you're hourly, they don't expect you to work much overtime. Some of the people are really great.

ConsVery 'lord of the flies' culture. Eat or be eaten. Management allows behavior that wouldn't fly at other companies. Not much in the way of innovation and if you do speak up, if it's not what the boss wanted to hear, it's nixed and so are you.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook below your management level. If you did, you'd see some things aren't working and others are exposing you to a lot of potential legal issues. Stop coddling those who don't do the work and penalizing those who do.

Worked for Invesco? Contribute to the Community!