Invesco

Invesco Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Invesco President, CEO, and Director Marty Flanagan

Marty Flanagan

Pros
  • training, work style, work life balance(in 6 reviews)

• Good benefits including paid time off and 401k plan(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Understaff, hard to move up unless you know how to play 'the game'(in 3 reviews)

• Poor work life balance and culture(in 3 reviews)

Great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWhile I have heard it was better in the past, it was still a great place to work. Great vacation. Good Pay. Flexible hours for those that needed it.

ConsPeople that were made managers only because of tenure, and not managerial talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're doing a good job.

Fund accounting

Senior Fund Accountant (Current Employee)

Prosfriendly work place, flexible hours, people seem to be interested with whats going on with you

Conswork can be frantic at times when understaffed, allow too many of one position to take vacation at once which makes it more frantic for daily and monthly deliverables. People are allowed to get away with a I only want to do what I feel is in my direct scope of tasks

Advice to Senior ManagementIts obvious that there are a few stale employees that have advanced through attrition, and just create major pain points in the daily process. Stop looking the other and do something about it. plenty of talent there with minimal coaching and development could step up and help create smoother work flow

Company in transition

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsMore employee oriented than some. Quality management structure. Good top level transparency. Good career opportunities.

ConsCompany began major restructuring under CEO who joined in 2006. There has been and will continue to be above average transitioning of employee locations, organizational structure and so forth and the company continues to move (correctly) towards a globally functional organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat work environment, culture, and colleagues!

ConsThe only thing I can come up with is that it might be hard to grow within the company since it's so big.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Decent work, not so great pay, disappointing management.

Fund Accountant (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsSome people in management were fantastic, somewhat flexible work environment. Pay was not terrible, and benefits were mediocre. The hours are typically very relaxed and the work is not difficult.

ConsSome people in management were absolutely terrible and ruined the experience for everyone. I found that they had a great reputation at our school, but that was for the finance division. The accounting departments aren't nearly as enticing. Salary wasn't competitive and I would not go to work there again. I would say if you are ambitious and are wanting to move up it would take years to do so here. The work is not very challenging and when they don't hire enough people the hours can be terrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe nice to your employees! Some management are amazing, but they are few and far between. The rest, they can be rude and ruin your career.

No Support from IT Management

Senior Architect (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsCo-Workers, business users are great people.

ConsNot up with technology best practices and designs. IT Management not willing to listen to technical staff experts recommendations.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart trusting your IT staff recommendations.

professional and relax place to work in

Prostraining, work style, work life balance

Consbenefit, promotions, career development and more

Great learning experience

Internal Wholesaler (Current Employee) Downers Grove, IL

ProsExcellent way to learn about the financial services industry if you're interested in making a career
    Competent managers that don't micro-manage, have often worked in the role that they oversee
    Nice balance between competition and cooperation among a competitive sales desk

ConsPromotions are difficult to come by though hiring from within the firm is prevalent
    Can get political

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease budgets for RVP's in order to generate more business

Poor Career Growth Opportunities

Manager - Corporate Accounting (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsBase compensation and the 401K match program were both above average for the Atlanta area. The location and facilities were also fantastic.

ConsThe Corporate Accounting department is run by incompetent managers who would rather not know about problems (largely problems that they themselves created) than have them identified and resolved . Turnover is very high and open positions are filled with outside contractors. Long-term career growth in the Corporate Accounting department is very low given the small size of the group and the unwillingness for management to invest in the careers of their junior staff.

Good company overall

Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsSmart people, interesting work, salary, great benefits, varied projects (depends on department), non-management have considerable flexibility in schedules, culture committees in some locations do a good job of creating fun events

ConsCultures clash in some areas from acquisitions, hierarchical, too many things going on at once (can't focus on getting something done right - too busy trying to check things off the list, competing priorities)

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing a million things half-good doesn't make a great company. Listen to the people who do the work. They can tell you how to get better.

Worked for Invesco? Contribute to the Community!