Invest Financial Reviews

2.7
Steve H. Dowden

1. Outstanding and Challenging Work Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

INVEST has been an excellent place to work and since my inception of close to 15 years ago has provided bonuses and merit increases year after year without fail to date. Growth is nurtured and encouraged and new opportunities seem to arise each year. INVEST's relationship with three other sister Broker Dealers and its parent company, Jackson National Life, provides further depth to our organization in every aspect. INVEST associates are some of the best that I have ever encountered and turn over rates are extremely low. Overall, a very well established and culturally sound company that I would recommend to anyone seeking a place for a long term career.

Cons

I have no Cons to share.

2. finacial adviser

I have been working at Invest Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

always available, wonderful adviser conferences, easy to use platform for investments, friendly to top advisers and advisory firms

Cons

compliance is becoming more and more difficult to deal with, always adding more restrictions to allowable investment options, makes it difficult to get the job done with so many hoops and jumps to go through

3. Solid and Consistent for Hard Workers

Current Employee - Back Office in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Back Office in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Invest Financial full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for INVEST over 15 years. I have never been more challenged or learned as much as I have here. If you are a hard worker and take ownership of your area of responsibility, you will be rewarded. Excellent benefits, great total compensation package between payroll, bonuses, profit sharing and 401K match. Top notch. The Employee Action Committee is very engaged and raises a lot of funds and merchandise for local charities.

Cons

Not a fair question for me as I love my job and the opportunities I have been given in the past years.

Advice to Management

Keep looking for ways to recruit individuals who are not only smart but who can adapt to our high standards of customer service.

5. Great Place to Work!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Invest Financial full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working at INVEST is great, my co-workers are wonderful, the compensation is fair and the benefits are awesome. Based on my experience, the people who work hard and want to be promoted are promoted. Communication from CEO and Senior Management is clear and consistent. I believe and most of my co-workers also believe this is a great place to work. I can point to all of the employees who recommend INVEST to their friends and family.

Cons

Based on my experience, I can say that I would not have any areas that need to be improved at INVEST.

Advice to Management

Continue communicating the vision for INVEST and how each department and employee helps achieve that vision.

6. Absolutely Love My Job!

Current Employee - I Work In One of the Busiest Departmenrs In This Company in Tampa, FL

Pros

I've worked for this company now for over 13 years. Their management team is top notch. My manager does not micro-manage as long as I give an honest full days work. I truly feel like I contribute to the team, and they appreciate it. The Benefits are fantastic as well as the bonus plan.

Cons

I honestly don't have any to speak of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

7. Very pleasant work environment.

Pros

They take good care of me. They were very flexible with my schedule when I went back to school.

Cons

Sometimes they had us work a lot of overtime but we got paid well for it.

8. Good start

Pros

It's a good entry level business to start your career.

Cons

Pay is below industry average.

9. Horrible, if you are in your tight state of mind stay away!!!

Current Employee - Assistant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Invest Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing coworkers, nice walking trail, great prime location, with a lot of great restaurants, mall across the street, a steady paycheck, very nice security guard, nothing else

Cons

This company is full of uneducated managers, the only thing these managers know how to is micro manage. Management need training on how to do their jobs effectively, starting from the CEO down. Compensation is garbage, very low pay raises, if you have a family this is not the company for you! If you are looking for an internship, then this may be the company for you. I do not recommend this company to no one!

Advice to Management

Please acknowledge your employees and what is going on. Things aren't looking good employment wise and Invest is being seeing as a horrible company to work for by other broker dealers. Turnovers will continue if management keep acting like arrogant jerks.

Get in, get your Series 7, and GET OUT

Current Employee - Drone in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Drone in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Invest Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company will sponsor anyone for a Series 7 license

Cons

Lowest paying company in the finance industry.

Advice to Management

INVEST Financial is the lowest paying financial institution in the St Pete/Tampa area. Unlike most other super low paying companies, this company is somehow thriving. If they weren’t so greedy, they could easily pay more respectable salaries and stay within their budget. However, the upper management here sincerely believes that people show up to work for reasons other than to receive a paycheck. Managers here often say that the employees don’t need to be paid fairly because they are at INVEST for “opportunity for growth,” “love of the game,” “self-fulfillment,” and other such nonsense. Unfortunately, you’ll find no fulfillment being constantly micromanaged and only being assigned menial tasks. For example, it isn’t uncommon for a rookie employee to be assigned to spell-check and write emails for their manager. Most management here is can't spell, and grammar mistakes run rampant in company-wide email. In addition, you’ll find that most of the management here either doesn’t have the proper FINRA licenses to hold their position, or have lovely glamour shots on all the mugshot websites. What does this all mean? It means that the managers here can never get hired anywhere else, which of course means that you can never be promoted to management. Even if there was any room for growth here, the maximum pay increase on any promotion is 10% of your wimpy salary. This is soul crushing because if you work here, then you’re only making peanuts, and 10% of peanuts is still only peanuts. The only good thing about this goofy place is that they will sponsor ANYONE for a Series 7 license and pay for the books. Once you get your Series 7, you can walk out the door the very next day with absolutely no penalties. You owe it to yourself and your family to get paid what you are worth, so get your Series 7 and go apply to USAA, Raymond James, Merrill Lynch, Franklin Templeton, JW Cole, Transamerica, NY Life, TRowe Price, or any company in the area that respects their employees enough to pay livable wages. So get in, get your Series 7, and GET OUT!

11. Epitome of micromanagement

Pros

Steady paycheck, decent benefits. Nice picnic table. Good place to work if you need babysitting to complete tasks.

Cons

Too many micro managers. The only training is how to talk on the phone like a call center. Management is of low education and talent, the only reason many are where they are is they have sat in a chair for 20 years and achieved manager status. Career advancement really does not exist and lateral at best. The poor culture has very few employees looking forward to the day ahead. They like to think they are on par with pay for professional brokerage salaries, they are on par with Citibank call centers.

Advice to Management

Give your employees the ability to rate their managers. This company really needs to look hard at the recent culture of the company. It all starts at the top and when the CEO is not respected the company will suffer. The company has had nearly 10% turnover in the month of May: this should tell them something. Advancement is non-existent because managers do not have the aptitude to teach employees to make them better and are afraid of someone taking their positions. There are good employees here but management has beat them down so much they no longer have the confidence to think for themselves.

RSS Feed </> Embed