Invest Financial

2.0

Steve H. Dowden

Great Place to Work!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Invest Financial full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Working at INVEST is great, my co-workers are wonderful, the compensation is fair and the benefits are awesome. Based on my experience, the people who work hard and want to be promoted are promoted. Communication from CEO and Senior Management is clear and consistent.

I believe and most of my co-workers also believe this is a great place to work. I can point to all of the employees who recommend INVEST to their friends and family.

Cons

Based on my experience, I can say that I would not have any areas that need to be improved at INVEST.

Continue communicating the vision for INVEST and how each department and employee helps achieve that vision.

Absolutely Love My Job!

Current Employee - I Work In One of the Busiest Departmenrs In This Company in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Invest Financial

Pros

I've worked for this company now for over 13 years. Their management team is top notch. My manager does not micro-manage as long as I give an honest full days work. I truly feel like I contribute to the team, and they appreciate it. The Benefits are fantastic as well as the bonus plan.

Cons

I honestly don't have any to speak of.

Keep up the good work!

Very pleasant work environment.

I worked at Invest Financial

Pros

They take good care of me. They were very flexible with my schedule when I went back to school.

Cons

Sometimes they had us work a lot of overtime but we got paid well for it.

Good start

I have been working at Invest Financial

Pros

It's a good entry level business to start your career.

Cons

Pay is below industry average.

Horrible, if you are in your tight state of mind stay away!!!

Current Employee - Assistant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Invest Financial full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing coworkers, nice walking trail, great prime location, with a lot of great restaurants, mall across the street, a steady paycheck, very nice security guard, nothing else

Cons

This company is full of uneducated managers, the only thing these managers know how to is micro manage. Management need training on how to do their jobs effectively, starting from the CEO down. Compensation is garbage, very low pay raises, if you have a family this is not the company for you! If you are looking for an internship, then this may be the company for you. I do not recommend this company to no one!

Please acknowledge your employees and what is going on. Things aren't looking good employment wise and Invest is being seeing as a horrible company to work for by other broker dealers. Turnovers will continue if management keep acting like arrogant jerks.

Get in, get your Series 7, and GET OUT

Current Employee - Drone in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Drone in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Invest Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company will sponsor anyone for a Series 7 license

Cons

Lowest paying company in the finance industry.

INVEST Financial is the lowest paying financial institution in the St Pete/Tampa area. Unlike most other super low paying companies, this company is somehow thriving. If they weren’t so greedy, they could easily pay more respectable salaries and stay within their budget. However, the upper management here sincerely believes that people show up to work for reasons other than to receive a paycheck. Managers here often say that the employees don’t need to be paid fairly because they are at INVEST for “opportunity for growth,” “love of the game,” “self-fulfillment,” and other such nonsense.

Unfortunately, you’ll find no fulfillment being constantly micromanaged and only being assigned menial tasks. For example, it isn’t uncommon for a rookie employee to be assigned to spell-check and write emails for their manager. Most management here is can't spell, and grammar mistakes run rampant in company-wide email. In addition, you’ll find that most of the management here either doesn’t have the proper FINRA licenses to hold their position, or have lovely glamour shots on all the mugshot websites.

What does this all mean? It means that the managers here can never get hired anywhere else, which of course means that you can never be promoted to management. Even if there was any room for growth here, the maximum pay increase on any promotion is 10% of your wimpy salary. This is soul crushing because if you work here, then you’re only making peanuts, and 10% of peanuts is still only peanuts.

The only good thing about this goofy place is that they will sponsor ANYONE for a Series 7 license and pay for the books. Once you get your Series 7, you can walk out the door the very next day with absolutely no penalties. You owe it to yourself and your family to get paid what you are worth, so get your Series 7 and go apply to USAA, Raymond James, Merrill Lynch, Franklin Templeton, JW Cole, Transamerica, NY Life, TRowe Price, or any company in the area that respects their employees enough to pay livable wages.
    So get in, get your Series 7, and GET OUT!

Epitome of micromanagement

I have been working at Invest Financial

Pros

Steady paycheck, decent benefits. Nice picnic table. Good place to work if you need babysitting to complete tasks.

Cons

Too many micro managers. The only training is how to talk on the phone like a call center. Management is of low education and talent, the only reason many are where they are is they have sat in a chair for 20 years and achieved manager status. Career advancement really does not exist and lateral at best. The poor culture has very few employees looking forward to the day ahead. They like to think they are on par with pay for professional brokerage salaries, they are on par with Citibank call centers.

Give your employees the ability to rate their managers. This company really needs to look hard at the recent culture of the company. It all starts at the top and when the CEO is not respected the company will suffer. The company has had nearly 10% turnover in the month of May: this should tell them something. Advancement is non-existent because managers do not have the aptitude to teach employees to make them better and are afraid of someone taking their positions. There are good employees here but management has beat them down so much they no longer have the confidence to think for themselves.

Trapped

Former Employee - Zombie in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Zombie in Tampa, FL

I worked at Invest Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

steady paycheck, decent benefits, decent commute

Cons

management has its own agenda---forget about advancing your career.

People talk to each other--word gets around---you can't fool them with a pizza party

We wont be laying off..... Said no one ever!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Invest Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Prime Location, great facility, great co-workers.

Cons

Low pay, benefits (time off), no room for growth, horrible management group starting with the CEO

Learn to acknowledge your employees and treat them like adults and not your children, would be nice to get a hello from the CEO from time to time. Management needs training on how to manage in this company and to learn what their employees do. Also, the pay is very low compared to other broker dealers around town, time off, if you enjoy having sick days and vacation days combined into one, this is a company for you. Not for me!.

They'll get there

Former Employee - Advisor in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Advisor in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Invest Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Has a platform similar to many. They are a great micro brokerage and can accomplish the same as most.

Cons

It really depends on if you work for a financial institution or direct with Invest because management and oversight will deviate.

Develop a better training program