Investigo

Updated Jun 16, 2014

Investigo CEO Gary Watson

Gary Watson

Fantastic experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you work hard you will be rewarded well. Good teams and some great recruiters

ConsSuited to more experienced recruiters

Successful recruiters at the heart of this highly successful business

Recruitment Manager (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsHaving worked with Investigo for over 5 years I have seen the business evolve from a 40 person business to approximately 170 people. With this type of growth in a relatively short period of time (through a recession) it can prove difficult to maintain the culture, values and attractiveness of a small business, though this is something which Investigo did with great ease.

Investigo provides excellent levels of autonomy and entrepreneurialism. The Directors and Managers remain hands on recruiters, leading by example and in many cases are the largest billers in the firm. I believe that anyone looking to begin or further their career in recruitment should look no further than Investigo.

ConsA difficult question to answer as there are very few cons which come to mind. I believe it's essential to give Consultants a fair amount of time to be successful, something which Investigo are very generous with however there are a handful of consultants who take advantage of this, don't put in the minimum levels of effort and decisions on these people need to be made more quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvestigo is a unique business, never lose sight of this. People enjoy coming to work and employees have a perfect blend of work hard/play hard mentality. I wish you every success moving forward!

Unique business with excellent leadership

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsUnique culture of support which creates a family atmosphere. Everyone works hard with great support great leaders. Even after 10 years, the founders, directors and staff have the same drive and enthusiasm to drive and grow the business. I always felt like I could discuss my career or any issues I had in a confidential manner,

ConsThe only con is that the infrastructure hadn't quite kept up with the fast growth although this is now being rectified

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep what you're doing and communicate from the top down all the great ideas you have for the business. This will continue to keep the staff retention rates high!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Enjoyed my time but........

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsThere were some seriously talented recruiters in the company and I always enjoyed the social events organised by the senior management, especially Ibiza!

ConsThere has been a shift in management style and having worked at larger firms before joining Investigo I feel the USP has disappeared and they are beginning to work and look like a Michael Page. Now sitting in-house I also feel they are very aggressive and market about their recent MBO and profit margins, when really they should concentrate more on delivering high candidate and client service, which I'm afraid hasn't been the case recently...

Advice to Senior ManagementTake stock of you market position, unfortunately you are not seen as the specialist recruitment firm you once were.

Investigo Marketing Manager responded to this review

Mar 25, 2014

Posted on Behalf of Gary Watson, Investigo, CEO.
    Thank you for your constructive and candid comments. On the one hand, it is always reassuring to hear how highly you rated some of our people and
    ... More

All the below feedback is faked my senior management

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsHeavily KPI driven culture with poor management and questionable leadership. Senior team are heavy drivers and users of recreational drugs

ConsDon't join this firm, especially not now. It showed sign's of promise in 2010.

Investigo Marketing Manager responded to this review

Mar 4, 2014

Posted on Behalf of Gary Watson, CEO, Investigo.

Please be assured that each of the reviews have been given freely and without any involvement from the senior management team.

Having joined
    ... More

Great company with bright future

Manager (Former Employee) Reading, England (UK)

ProsThroughout the company the people at all levels in all roles are passionate, enthusiastic, hard working and a great group of people to work with

ConsNon really but if I had to comment - Lack of women in senior roles but I know as a business they are encouraging cultural shift

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hands on with recruitment and the market and keep having fun whilst delivering great results

Great place to work

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsInvestigo have grown substantially over the four years I have worked here whilst maintaining a meritocratic culture which rewards consultative behaviors and honesty. The executive team and directors are genuinely interested in my career, how I develop and enable me to be more successful. I can honestly say I enjoy coming to work everyday.

ConsI have no concerns as I enjoy coming to work everyday. The environment enables me to be sucessful.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing

Highly recommended firm!

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsThis environment simply breeds success. I've never met a more impressive senior leadership team, which inspires confidence throughout the business. Gives you the freedom to make your own decisions while offering support if needed. Investigo is surely going places.

ConsWould suit a more experienced recruiter with the confidence to go out and create business/reputation. Shrinking violets will struggle in this environment - a draw card for the personalities they hire.

Advice to Senior ManagementSimply to continue on the same path. I was impressed by the quality of consultant throughout the business.

One of a kind recruitment company

Consultant (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsThe people, culture, and overall healthy environment to work in.
    Recruitment is a difficult industry, and can be volatile, but they will always support individuals who want to be a success.
    In an industry where the norm is to reward only the high achievers, Investigo pay for the whole company to go away to Ibiza (or whichever destination wins the company wide poll).

ConsNothing comes to mind. If I had to say something I'd say there are a few employees who have seen the growth and think the culture has shifted slightly, but this is inevitable when you get to the size of Investigo now.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay true to your original vision for Investigo

Best Contingency Recruitment Firm in London

Manager (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsExcellent levels of autonomy, entrepreneurialism and support to grow a business. Directors remain hands on recruiters, leading by example is evident from Director level down.

ConsMy only negative was the cultural change from going from a 10 man business to a 200 man+. However Investigo ensured that the entrepreneurial essence was not overly diluted.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

Worked for Investigo? Contribute to the Community!