Investigo Reviews

Investigo CEO Gary Watson
Gary Watson

1. Featured Review

First Class Business

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Investigo full-time

Pros

I have never worked for a better company - The way they run the business, the culture, work ethic and management are all first class. Investigo really are a unique business. The support Investigo have shown since I joined has been unrivalled. The senior leadership team are very impressive and really are one of a kind - Both directors and managers lead by example and play a hands on billing role. The whole company is filled with seriously talented recruiters. You want to do well when you work here, not just for yourself but for the company/management and your peers. The business give you the confidence and freedom to make your own decisions and work to the best of your ability. This environment does breed success and this is why staff retention is so high. This business will continue to go far.

Cons

This is not the place for you if you want to do the bear minimum to get by, or be constantly pushed to work. Every member of this business is talented and successful.

Advice to Management

I have no advice here. The management style is second to none.

Feb 24, 2015 – Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you for your review and such positive feedback for your time at Investigo so far. We are always eager to hear any feedback from our workforce to ensure we are providing a supportive progressive ... More

2. Different from the norm

I have been working at Investigo

Pros

A "grown up" company who offer excellent rewards to self-motivated, talented individuals. Having come from an environment that measures and watches everything you do, the level of autonomy and trust is not only refreshing but also incredibly empowering.

Cons

So far, no negatives to report

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Jul 13, 2015 – Senior Marketing Executive

It is great to hear we are doing so much right! We pride ourselves on exactly the values you mention in your review and hope you continue to enjoy your time with us.

3. Investigo Review

I have been working at Investigo full-time

Pros

-Fun and positive environment to work in. -Yearly and quarterly trips (this year alone - Dubai, Amsterdam, Lisbon and Marrakesh). -Job expectations are clear so you are always aware of what you are doing. -All staff are extremely talented at what they do and the management are consistently supportive.

Cons

No cons, just keep doing what they are doing.

Advice to Management

None!

Jun 16, 2015 – Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a positive review. We appreciate your feedback and hope we continue to provide the environment you describe. Thank you

5. Principal Consultant

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

An exceptionally entrepreneurial environment that actively encourages people to think on their own. Offers a great platform for strong sales individuals to build and develop their particular sections. Fantastic sales benefits including quarterly high achiever trips ( Ibiza, Lisbon, Amsterdam etc ) as well as a very lucrative platinum bonus.

Cons

Is a fantastic environment if you have previous experience in recruitment/sales but I do not think it is the best initial platform for rookies. Systems are now in place to improve this however this will take some time. Other than this, the company is the best set up I have seen in 15 years.

Advice to Management

The best advise I could offer Management would be to be more visual and walk the floor more. Daily pats on the back and acknowledging key achievements in front of peers go a long way and are free.

Jun 16, 2015 – Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such constructive feedback. We are pleased to hear you have and continue to enjoy your time at Investigo. The points raised here are very interesting ... More

6. Senior Consultant Milton Keynes

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good work life balance. I have a child and really appreciate that I can slightly reduced hours and the business is understanding if there are any issues where I need an emergency holiday day to cover illness. Great commission scheme

Cons

Perhaps not best suited to raw trainees

Jun 16, 2015 – Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear we are offering you a flexible environment which allows you to work effectively and lead your life. It is something we aim to achieve throughout ... More

7. Senior consultant

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture - grown up environment where you are given the freedom to develop your market how you see fit. Team - most teams (if not all) have developed a great team identity and have hired like-minded individuals. Management - there when you need it but not micro-managers. Support network - Investigo has been excellent at supporting people who live their values and are prepared to show their commitment to hard working employees. It isn't just about hiring people who will make a fortune for the company, it is about creating a real brand behind the business. I highly commend Investigo for sticking by those that are 'right for the business' not just those that make it profitable.

Cons

If you want to make money and have fun doing it, join Investigo. But if you want to move away from the coalface, you may want to look at some of the global recruitment players instead as everyone in the business is expected to bill to some level (except support staff). Beyond being paid well and high-achievers trips, the benefits are limited.

Advice to Management

I appreciate that this is confidential so you won't know specifically who I am talking about but my manager and director have been exceptional. They are talented, question the status quo, highly respected internally & externally and they have created a business that is market leading within the discipline they recruit.

Jun 16, 2015 – Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such thorough feedback it is appreciated. You are right in that we don't know who has left us this review, it is completely confidential, but your ... More

A recruitment firm with real personality

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Investigo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Staff are intelligent, passionate, driven, genuinely friendly and a great laugh - Management are progressive and welcome ideas for change and improvement - The flat org structure means management are accessible and involved in the day-to-day. They realistically understand their staff - Great remuneration and great perks (annual trip abroad for everyone, quarterly high achievers trips, team drinks, sporting teams etc) - Great office location at Liverpool St and nice office full of atmosphere - A business with integrity that empowers employees to achieve their potential

Cons

- Perhaps not the right place for people who take themselves too seriously (in my view this is a pro too) - A little behind the curve in terms of keeping up with some industry trends but it's good that they take the time to review things carefully from many perspectives before surging ahead - Support staff may benefit from more involvement in the culture the consultants enjoy and more career development opportunities

Advice to Management

- Maintain your open minds and willingness to change (and avoid becoming too conservative). It's one of the best things about working here - Consider establishing a dedicated internal HR function as the business could benefit from this in many ways

9. The Best Recruitment business I've ever worked for....

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A Recruitment company that holds true to it's values, driven down from the top by a leadership team who are still hands on in the business and an integral part of the team; it makes a huge difference to be treated like an adult in a recruitment agency, not driven by kpi's and terrible leadership (previous experience), Investigo have been like a breath of fresh air and three years later, I still enjoy going to work. Strong management capability, plenty of career progression and development for those that want it, lots of fun things to look forward to - company trips, incentives, charity events, networking events, socials.... or you can just do your job and go home.

Cons

There aren't any challenges other than having the right work ethic and a good sense of humour - one thing that I've seen within all of the offices is the drive to do the job well and be good at what we do. The only caveat I'd put in place would be for someone coming in who thinks this is like any other recruitment business, you're not told what to do and when to do it, you're not managed by the length of time you're on the phone or how many CV's you sent out or even by how many new business calls you've made - you're supported to do your job, your way. If you're looking for somewhere to hide or coast, this isn't the business for you, there's a lot of seriously successful recruiters at Investigo and the teams support one another. In respect of a work-life balance, it's a brilliant place to work, do your job, earn trust and bob's your uncle - flexible working based on mutual respect....

Advice to Management

My advice to Management? Don't change....

Mar 3, 2015 – Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave Investigo a review. All the feedback left on Glassdoor is important to us and is fed back to the business. We are pleased you are enjoying your time at ... More

10. Investigo - A refreshing approach to recruitment

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Investigo is the first company I joined straight from University and it has been a fantastic place to work for the last three years. The exposure to experienced recruiters and senior management is great mainly as everyone here from Resourcer to Director is very hands-on in their approach to recruitment and always happy to help. Investigo is not heavily KPI focussed, you are trusted to work autonomously with the right support in place and there is a strong focus on career development and progression. The culture is very much a "work hard, play hard" one and consultants are made to feel recognised and rewarded by the social offering the company has, such as the annual Investigo conference abroad.

Cons

Salary packages could be better as there are no real benefits in place, poor pension scheme, no healthcare or car allowances. However the commission scheme is an appealing one.

Advice to Management

More structured training courses for resourcers, consultants and senior consultants would be an area of improvement.

11. Experiences at Investigo.....

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked here for coming up to 8 years, joining after university and having a diverse experience in my early career before being given the support and guidance to specialise in a market that suited me. I have now been given the responsibility of managing and growing different teams and building my career in recruitment.

Cons

Keeping up - there are very strong recruiters here, with strong backgrounds who are very capable. If you aren't prepared to put in the effort, you won't get the results you might expect. If you do put in the effort then you can exceed and be supported to achieve everything you might want.

Advice to Management

Management have provided external training classes, off site development, on site support - the business has developed a lot recently in providing extra support.

Mar 3, 2015 – Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave Investigo a review. We appreciate your feedback and we will relay this back to the business. We hope to continue to provide you with the opportunities and ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed