Investment Technology Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

Investment Technology Group President & CEO Bob Gasser

Bob Gasser

Pros
  • Work-life balance is better than most but it means there is less work than really needed for the amount of people(in 9 reviews)

• Good people - I know that's a cliche here, but the people are funny and fun to be around(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Doesn't seem to be clear direction from senior management(in 4 reviews)

• There were not many roles that had potential for me to move into, and even in my own role, I had a hard time asking for more challenging work(in 2 reviews)

Highly recommended

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

ProsITG is a fast moving financial services company. Its a great place if you are intern, seasoned developer or veteran architect - there are enough interesting challenges on all technical levels. Great people, nice atmosphere, good salaries, perks and bonuses are part of the deal.

Overall I had a great time at ITG and would highly recommend this place.

ConsMay become a "golden cage" after some time, limiting your career progress.

Great people, great environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsSmart, dedicated people. Everybody is helpful, even to co-ops. The company is very organized and well structured but at the same time very flat, theres no big power distance. Also cake fridays is awesome!

Conscake made me fat I think. No real downsides,

Nice company on the up. Expanding, willing to try new ideas.

Research Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsLeader in the trading space. Good benefits.

ConsDifficult to stand out and get promoted from within.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work.

Vice President (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsLarge company with a small company feel. Company has tremendous growth potential given the recent collapse of some very large competitors. No capital at risk, so little chance of a blow up.

ConsSome projects take a long time to get implemented or do not meet the client specs when they finally are. Technology good but not leading edge.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it clear to the employees what they are expected to do to grow the business and how they get paid if they succeed.

Seems to be on the right track with the new direction

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros"Just right" size - not too big, not too small, work with very smart people, offices are great

ConsLeadership can be a bit vague with evaluation metrics and it seems that there is not 100% buy-in to the new vision

Leader in trading technology

Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsITG is leader in the trading technology. Lots of smart, hardworking, supportive colleagues. It helps to have a reputable firm on your resume
    Depending on which product groups you for there is room to be creative in designing new trading solutions
    Relaxed culture compared to most Wall Street firms

ConsThere are far too many reorganizations
    Doesn't seem to be clear direction from senior management
    Difficult to move up or into a new role
    No formal training for new inexperienced hires

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to restructure as little as possible. Its very disruptive to the everyone's work and moreover its very confusing when changes are not well communicated. Try to take more advice from the lower level employees and middle management to really understand the internal issues better.

Senior software engineer

Prosfriendly atmosphere, good work/life balance

Consmust be ready to be on your own mostly. Limited room for growth

Internship

Project Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood people, nice and collegiate environment

ConsSometimes unorganized and a lot of management changes

it is what you make it

Network Engineer II - Trade Support Analyst (Current Employee) Boston, MA

Prosloose structure means if you're good at what you do you can do what you want to improve things in your group.

Consthey work to kill creativity and drive of their employees. management will lie to you in order to make you do what they want. don't fall for it. talk to your fellow employees.

Advice to Senior Managementdont lie to employees and then tell them not to work on extra projects on their own time and then wonder why you have a hard time getting anyone to do anything you say.

Great company to work for

ProsThere are ample opportunities to increase and diversify my responsibilites; I've been fortunate to have great colleagues and coworkers; we have a friendly and collegial environment.

ConsIt has been a challenging market environment for the last several years, which has led to decreased prospects for an equities-focused business.

Worked for Investment Technology Group? Contribute to the Community!