Iostudio Reviews

Updated October 14, 2014
Updated October 14, 2014
2.6

Mitch Powers

Best place I have ever worked in my 30 years of work experiences.

Current Employee - Support Specialist in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Support Specialist in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Iostudio full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Everything is true in regards to the last reviewer with the military experience. the owners are absolutely great! The director and supervisors are great too. If one can't get along with the management team at this company, there is something wrong with them. I have worked at iostudios for almost 5 years, and the call center has gone remote, so we work from home now. How awesome is that?

Cons

There are no cons to working for iostudio

Thanks to the leadership from the partners down to the supervisors!

iostudio has really gone downhill, mainly due to some horrible decisions in leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Iostudio full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great health benefits
    Free snacks and drinks
    Great parties and social outings

Cons

Basically, the half of the company who has not gotten fired or laid off, have pretty quickly and consistently jumped ship. io used to be absolutely full of so many talented people, almost all of whom have moved on to better work environments. Now it just seems lifeless and depressing.

Extremely poor management decisions on the part of the partners...Doing things that would get you fired at other companies, gets you promoted to President or Vice President at io. This has not been lost on the staff of iostudio (who is fully aware of the complete lack of competence at the management level), but somehow, clearly, has been lost on the partners.

It's absolutely a boys club. If you question the status quo, or think business decisions should logically and strategically make sense--do not work here, because you will continually be frustrated.

If you want to run a real agency, hire some more leaders with real agency experience. You will never restore morale under this leadership team.

Very frustrating place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Nashville, TN

I worked at Iostudio full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free snacks & beverages
    Good place to network
    Minimal team structure, so you don't have many bosses to check in with (if any at all)

Cons

Poor management with lack of experience
    Poor communication
    Promotions based on politics
    No direction or future planning
    Reactive, not proactive leadership
    Most of agency revenue comes from 1 client
    Focused solely on profit

Stop writing fake reviews and start listening to the negative ones.

A wild ride worth every minute

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Iostudio full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I think the culture and the general vibe is awesome. The clients are great companies doing really worthwhile work from right here in Nashville and all across the country. That makes coming to work a lot more rewarding.

Cons

The last 18 months or so have been through a lot of ups and downs but no one who loves this place ever gave up. There's been some turnover but still the work is great, the people are fun and funny. Compared to other places I've been there really aren't any cons to speak of. You can tell the transformation is behind us and some new exciting stuff is coming.

Get out on the production floor more. The leadership here is serious but also fun. They need to engage with the employees more so everyone has a chance to get to know them better.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Customer Care in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Care in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Iostudio full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Let me preface by saying I served over a decade in the military and loved it, additionally I worked in the civilian sector for five years prior to working here. Nothing compares to this place. The owners are compassionate and truly care about their employee's. The Director and Deputy Program Manager of the Customer Care Team truly make working in a call center fun. Find another call center employee who can honestly say that. That's right, you can't. They continuously challenge employees to put forth their best efforts and the results show. They additionally ensure each employee knows they are appreciated and ensure the employees regardless of their role understand the significance of what they bring to the table each day. Back to the owners of the company. They offer a great benefits package, but on top of that, they continuously surprise employee's with margarita parties or half days on Fridays. They additionally have free snacks and soda's, take the employee's to a minor league baseball game in the spring, have a family day at a water park in the summer, and host a great Christmas party each year at The Palm restaurant. Unlike most company owners these guys get it. It isn't just the bottom line, its employee morale and attitude that drives the bottom line. Of the almost five years I have worked here, my worst day here was better than my best day at other places I have worked.

Cons

This company like any company isn't exempt from having issues. However, when issues arise they handle them appropriately and press on. I am sure there are cons from employee perspectives, however, the management team I work under, as hard as it seems to believe, handles every issue appropriately. I don't necessarily agree with each decision, but consistently they make the right call so I cannot complain.

None. They haven't steered me in the wrong direction yet so why fix what isn't broken.

A place with a lot to offer ...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Iostudio full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay, good people, opportunities for professional growth abound if you are willing to seize the opportunity. It's a work environment where the company celebrates successes with each other - a baseball game here, a margarita party there. Benefits are strong, and I'm a current employee who feels that this is a company that tries hard to establish a 'family' atmosphere. Employees sometimes leave, but many have returned to work for the company a second time. That speaks volumes about the Partners and their concern for creating the type of work environment that employees are drawn to … it's the kind of environment many employees have regretted leaving. The grass is pretty green here no matter how attractive those other 'fields' may appear to be ...

Cons

Every place has its challenges whether it's the financial environment, an employee here and there you'd rather not deal with, etc. Don't let that scare you away from accepting an offer to work at iostudio. There were some financial issues in the past year that were beyond the company's control, but the company is full of good people who care about the company's future. Decisions are being made that will ensure this company is around for a long time, and if given the opportunity, you should be part of it ...

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Iostudio full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lot's of good people working together to do work that matters. It's not hard to get behind projects that actually help people and many of our clients are doing just that. I enjoy the people I work with and look forward to coming to work every day. My biggest "pro" for the Company is that I have always felt valued. The Partners are great guys who want people to enjoy what they do while doing it. They have always made me feel welcomed and needed. Lots of perks that don't exist every where else are an added bonus! A great benefits package that has obviously had a lot of thought put into it comes to mind as well as a Christmas bonus and party that are second to none!

Cons

A contract loss 18 months ago and some turnover have caused a few bumps in the road but everything is still moving in the right direction. Change is never easy for most people but it is inevitable in business and in life.

Keep lines of communication open and goals clearly defined.

Not the place I was sold in my interviews

I have been working at Iostudio full-time (less than an year)

Pros

interesting projects and customers, smart staff who know their stuff, unique projects good for growing staff knowledge, I have friends here.

Cons

No opportunity to move up, flat company ladder (VPs then staff), no training opportunities, politics are fierce and prevalent. Management doesn't care staff.

I read the other reviews on this website, and there's truth in all of them. This has been my experience- I came to iostudio to further my career, and continue on a strong trajectory for my career. And I was told I would have opportunities here to grow and move up, for training and promotion, and that isn't the case.

iostudio is geared to support one kind of employee- someone most likely with little work experience, that is used to tyrannical hierarchy, motivation by fear and politics, instead of a corporate environment. Someone who doesn't question what they are told, because a supervisor made the decision. It's very rat race, without any staff support of career growth or learning new skills. Bosses at iostudio are less trained, more emotional and worry about how they are perceive opposed to other companies.

iostudio is very political and paranoid- which is why the culture is so flat, and everyone reports to a VP. The bosses all hate each other, and talk behind each others' and the partners' back, thinking they know best and everyone else is stupid. They are leveraging their next "move" to get each other fired or to get more money. What irks staff the most is decisions are made by one VP or one partner- really irrational short-term thinking decisions (to save money now)-and no other boss or VP questions it. everyone keeps on ticking away, not improving culture, the bottom line, or creating a better company. Management isn't qualified for their workload or for running a company.

I thought I was sold a place where I could grow, had the opportunity to be here a long time, get support and reach my career goals. As I interview other places, I have realized I haven't learned alot here, gotten more work dumped on me that hasn't improved my resume, and the company reputation isn't good so it hurts me looking for a job. Interviewers seem to know what's what when it comes to iostudio and how they burn through people.

Advice to management? Rethink what you are doing. What are you trying to accomplish? What's the end goal? How can you communicate and work better with staff? How can you train employees, so they benefit from being at iostudio? These things are possible, but really, with the management in place- they are NOT equipped to do this. They are egotistical and all their decisions are self serving, and that's transparent. Staff see that, and don't want to do good work for iostudio. If they cared less about what they were making and how good/bad it made them look, then the place would be better off. I just don't think this group has what it takes to improve this company- the last VPs seemed better. It's sad to see a place with so much potential fall to ruins because of bad unqualified leadership.

All positive reviews are written by senior mgmt trying to trap you in to accepting a job. STAY AWAY!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Iostudio

Pros

Comical senior mgmt keeps you laughing at their stupidity.

If have you never felt smart, you will working hear.

You'll be taller than all your bosses for sure.

Cons

Your only job is to keep your job. Then you'll have 5 jobs doing the jobs of this weeks fired employees.

No compassion for families. AKA firing a 9 month pregnant girl leaving her without insurance, and the maternity leave she earned.

Ongoing witchhunts

Leadership team unqualified that only manages through fear tactics.

Leave, you have no management skills to qualify you for the positions you were given and not earned. Earn respect by listening instead of dictating/firing.

You can't count on this place being open in a year

I have been working at Iostudio full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's in Nashville.
    Some good clients.
    Work can be interesting, cool staff.

Cons

I was hired after the massive layoff that cut staff in half last year. There were good managers who wanted to see the place come out on top, and we did alot for staff morale and new work. But then something changed, and everyone shifted to blame chasing, outing people, people being scared to go to HR because HR reported your bizness to the brain trust, and there not being in career path. Raises quit and everyone started being fake. I liked it here, but then i found out everyone was looking for a job and didn't give a crap about the work. I'm in my final rounds of interviews, so I hope to be out soon.

Your a bunch of liars who don't know what you are doing. Open your doors, be honest, and then set yourself on fire for being such jerks. We count on you to take care of our families and make a career here- how could you treat us this way? You don't care about anything but the bottom line and your client base will figure that out and leave you. But you don't care, you'll be on to the next thing with your money.