Ipreo

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ipreo CEO Scott Ganeles

Scott Ganeles

Pros
  • Things got done (at the cost of work-life balance) (in 8 reviews)

• Great people, fun place, good management team (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • High turnover among junior analysts driven by the low salary and occasional high workload demands (in 7 reviews)

• Hard work is unappreciated and long hours are required (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights
41 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great launch pad for a career in the financial services industry.

Global Markets Intelligence Senior Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe company provides a very welcoming and enticing working environment, allowing analysts to gain client-facing exposure at an early level.

ConsWhile the environment provides an initial and steep learning curve, it flattens quickly and doesn't provide many challenges or opportunity to advance vertically within the organization. Does not offer competitive salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to work better to retain talent. Current system is not conducive for growing at the current rate. Need to hire more lower level analysts to keep up with expansion to alleviate pressure on more senior employees.

No Meritocracy, Rampant Nepotism and Unqualified, Unprofessional Managers.

Product Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsYou'll be employed.
    You have the opportunity to teach yourself from your mistakes (which you will be forced to make many of)

ConsPick up any business book and read about any company that failed and why, those are the cons of working at Ipreo.
    The massive turnover alone should speak volumes about this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring your friends and family and provide opportunities based on merit.

Good for a time, but you hit a ceiling

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsEnjoyed the people I worked with directly. Very collaborative team.
    Growing company
    Opportunities to learn and grow if you look for them

ConsOrganization is less nimble (and more bureaucratic) than it should be. Too many layers of positions makes it difficult to advance past a certain point.
    Work/life balance isn't bad, but very stressful day-to-day while in the office. Always putting fires out.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

GMI Analyst

GMI Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe paid-days off isnt bad. Salary isn't great. Nice people but it depends on the team you are working for. Many people use this job as a stepping stone. You have great access to upper management of public companies.

ConsThe promotion and salary is not that good. Perk could be better. There is no overtime. You just get dinner and a free ride back home. High turnover rate and long hours.

Advice to Senior Managementpay more

Don't bother

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood amount of vacation time
    Casual work environment
    Things got done (at the cost of work-life balance)

Cons1) Rampant nepotism: Be related to or be liked by someone in management to get promoted, get good projects, bonuses, raises, etc.

2) No career development: Ipreo doesn't invest in employee development period. Employees work on the same products for years.

3) Not a culture of innovation: granted this is not a consumer tech company, but the products here are really stale. It's hard to muster any enthusiasm for the stuff that's peddled. User experience design is an after thought.

4) Negative culture: lots of cliques. Product and tech clash a lot and everyone is trying to over their behind rather than work together to put out a good product. When I was there they still used the waterfall method of product development. Who does that anymore?

5) Working your teams to the bone: Long hours at the cost of time with your family, friends, health is normal here. Working nights, weekends - it's all fair game. I'm all for putting in hard work when needed, but things got ridiculous after a point.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the blatant nepotism. Fire the dead weight and don't be afraid to think like a tech company. Banks will always be risk averse but if you put out good products that are also a delight to use, that will only help you.

Revolving door

GMI Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros-great training program
    -work life balance
    -access to senior management of large publicly traded companies
    -jump right in as a junior analyst

Cons-plateau very quickly (after about 1 year)
    -no room to really grow
    -associates are doing the same job as analysts and senior analysts...promotions are just title changes
    -pay is WAY below competitive rates
    -review process is terrible and takes way too long
    -lots of inconsistency across the division
    -team directors are not trained to manage, at all
    -cant retain talent
    -they don't market the job well, there is more grunt work even for more senior people
    -most days are the same

Advice to Senior Management-pay better to retain talent, most people don't make it 2-3 years, its hard to keep training more people rather than keeping people on staff who know how to do the job already
    -make sure that more senior people have real responsibilities
    -create a better career path where the change is not just a title bump

Everything is great about the company except for the actual job

Product Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsCompany culture
    Friendly coworkers
    Well performing company
    Benefits

ConsPoor processes
    Poor allocation of work
    Poor Training
    Poor availability of resources
    Poor product designs
    Misguided

Awful, awful, awful... Why 0 stars is not an option?

Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsI cannot think of any whatsoever

ConsIncompetent management
    Low pay with high expectations of you
    No career development/advance
    Limited exit opportunities
    Horrible HR

Basically run if you can and never look back, I was looking for a better job since the day I started and left at the first opportunity

Unappreciated

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsNice, hardworking co-workers that somehow retain a good attitude even when they are overworked.

ConsHard work is unappreciated and long hours are required. If you enjoy working 40 hours a week during regular business hours and then 15-20 more from 10pm to 5am (including Friday/Saturday nights) then this is the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow some respect to work/life balance. Humans should work to live not vice versa. If staff is working nights and weekends then give them comp time in exchange for working graveyard on every release or DR.

Finance

Finance (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe work environment is great. The company is growing rapidly. There is never a dull day. Most people are friendly.

ConsHigher management doesn't always work with you. You can be 95% perfect but that 5% you hear about more.People are not afraid to throw you under the bus rather than work as a team.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with your team and be proactive not reactive.

Worked for Ipreo? Contribute to the Community!