Ipro Tech

Updated October 8, 2014
Updated October 8, 2014
2.7

Kimothy Taylor

Good Learning Experience, Did not pay Quality Analyst Wages, Politics politics politics

Former Employee - Quality Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Quality Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Ipro Tech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It was a great way to get real experience testing and using SQL. Talked to the software engineers now and then and they were very helpful. A lot of smart people who knew programming, testing. Mid-size company still retained a personal feel though upper management was distant/touchy.
    Good intro to ediscovery, a lot of money in this field, very niche. Great way to get your foot in the door and make something of it if you so desire.
    Standard cubicle job in a semi-programming-related field.

Cons

Fired without just cause, new manager let me go the day he took over without ever talking to me.
    Politics. Politics. Politics.
    Did not pay proper Quality Analyst wages but expected just as much work.
    I've heard things have turned around since then. Some folks called it "a living hell" to work there.
    I suppose they were in the process of selling/restructuring etc. This was 2011-2012.

Customer service and quality assurance

Current Employee - Customer Service in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Ipro Tech full-time

Pros

Generally nice people to work with.

Cons

Management micro manages.
    dress code is more about the owners beliefs than industry standard. Many have been talked to and its ovious when you start that they will ride you about your attire. Going as far as wanting a collared shirt however complain if not a dress shirt. Which is not business casual its more business professional. Tattoos must be covered and I've been told because it offends owners.we don't deal with the public so its about religious dogma not professionalism.
    Pay is way below industry standards.
    the company hires people and give ridiculous titles.which gives you the impression of too many chiefs to too little indians. Yet pays below standards. In some cases 50% for same work elsewhere.
    focuses more on features than stability of products.

Make a more comfortable environment. Focus on quality first and not features until products are stable. Re evaluation of pay as the old addage says "you get what you pay for".

Things have turned around

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Ipro Tech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Despite what reviews a year+ back saying how horrible this place is I think the Owners actually listened and the new CEO Kim has effected some real change.

I was terribly nervous when I came in for an interview as the reviews did not paint a good picture but this company is both small with 120 or so employees but stable due to it being around for 25 years. Feels like a small company with a startup attitude and people work SMART not hard, which I love.

Onboarding process is improving every week and introduces you to all corners of the company which gives you a better, fuller picture of the process coming into it all and it's your ONLY job for the first week, to learn.

The Culture seems to have shifted greatly with apparently 1/3rd of the original group leaving due to not fitting in with the new "get along with each other" culture being set up here and it doesn't feel false either. Really friendly culture, flex hours, work/life balance and results-oriented work environment. QA department is apparently relatively new and no longer outsourced, processes in development and testing are becoming more fleshed out and ACTUALLY AGILE (no "Agile, but..." !) and it seems to continue to be improved.

Admittedly, as with all corners of the legal industry, there's some friend nepotism going on but connections don't necessarily mean somebody isn't skilled in myriad ways. Who you know is always as important as what you know.

Cons

Agile process could still be improved but there's no such thing as a perfectly agile shop in my experience.

Keep up the good work, hire for culture fit and skills, engender good attitude and customer/employee happiness and results will follow.

Bad employer, bad products

Former Employee - QA Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - QA Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Ipro Tech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company promised bonuses.
    They promised pay raises.
    They made everything seem great on the surface.

Cons

The bonuses were based on numbers that only the executives had any information on. They would not even tell us what numbers they were looking at to determine the bonuses.
    The pay raises got stopped in favor of bonuses that the executives hid all numbers from so they could just say that the company did not make the numbers required for the bonuses.
    They had me and other employees working jobs that were well above what or job title suggested, then expected us to settle for very low pay for the title we had.
    They insisted on hiring additional management that was not needed just so the CEO could give jobs to his friends.
    Granted some or all of this might have changed since I left the company but something tells me if you study the practices objectively you would find similar things still happening.

I sent an email just before I left. I hope you have studied it and have done your best to address the problems presented in that email.

Work environment that will beat you down

Current Employee - General in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - General in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Ipro Tech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you are in need of a job to pay your bills and are able to deal with manipulation then this would be a holding place while you search for a company that will appreciate your hard work.

Cons

It has been a year since I voluntarily walked out of the IPRO door for the last time. Understand this, I left on my own terms, with notice, with no future position secured and it was the best decision I could have made. Everyone that I came in contact with noticed the difference once I left and it has taken this year to decompress from the chaos, stress, no structure, ruthlessness, ever changing policies to benefit upper management, favoritism and biased employee reviews.
    With upper management that will demand your evenings, weekends and holidays because of poor software and therefore client needs, this is not a good company to have as your employer. You will have to lie face to face with clients due to promises that are made and then not able to be carried out for months after the promised day. You will see wives get hired with top pay for positions they do not have the ability to perform and you will see employees be used for what knowledge they have to try to counterbalance these hires.
    You will be subjected to popsicle Fridays where you will stand in the heat and listen to the same stories about the wonderful growth coming. You will hear gloating of upper managements personal wealth while looking at your own paycheck and the pennies you receive as a raise.
    If you happened to work for the new CEO previously you will see the exact same art on the walls and the same incentives and programs, you will have your Christmas bonus taken to pay for a "fabulous" break room (only to see minor changes), if you travel you will be expected to take client appointments in airports and your car because your supervisor was hired because of who they know... not level of experience and competency in the industry.
    In conclusion; the environment at this company has taken seasoned veterans and new hires both, churned them through the wringer and spit them out. Both have quit and this alone squashed the belief that it is only old employees who were the problem.

Inappropriate conversations about female employees from upper management.
    Pay scale is severely unbalanced.
    Responsibility to tell the truth to your clients, not spin a tale.
    Oppressive atmosphere.

Good People

I worked at Ipro Tech

Pros

Great people, working hard to provide excellent software and service.

Cons

In the past, released software before it was ready.

Keep going down the path of QA prior to release, keep moving forward and investing in your people.

Not a bad place but room for improvement

Former Employee - Developer in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Developer in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Ipro Tech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get experience with some good development tools and technologies. Good medical benefits if you are single.

Cons

Some of the senior developers had big egos and would not listen to others. They cared more about showing off their skills and protecting their jobs rather than working as a team. Management constantly pushed developers without any recognition or rewards. Pay raises were non-existent and bonuses were paltry at best.

Value your employees.

Oh No! Changes at IPRO.

I have been working at Ipro Tech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I think most people would agree that IPRO Tech is a pioneer in the ediscovery software business. The company existed for over 23 years and has dished out many applications in that span. However, no one will accuse IPRO of being "THE" ediscovery software company in the industry. It has been the old reliable yet boring and average. Things are changing now with new management strategy and addition of talent. Our clients who have attended the recent IPRO innovations conference would agree that there is a buzz now through innovation and creativity. The technology we're putting out in 2013 is something to be excited about. The applications are designed with the client's in mind.. why? because folks that were clients not too long ago are now at IPRO and they get it. This website contains some bad reviews about IPRO especially with regards to changes. These complaints seem to be coming from people that don't like change. These are people that exist everywhere in all organizations. They are content with the status quo and they will sleep walk through not just work but life in general. If you look at reviews of other companies going through changes, you will see the same type of people complaining. It is nothing new. Some people just don't get it and they're often the ones left behind.

Cons

We need more company sponsored events to build teams and morale. Please define career paths also so that everyone has something to work towards.

While the changes are positive for the most part, the managing of these changes could improve. Management needs to get as many people as they can to buy in and get rid of those that won't.

They use you and then they lose you

Former Employee - Tech in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Tech in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Ipro Tech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people were nice, lower peeps keep it interesting and helpful.

Cons

They don't pay enough, there is stress and political strife. Weird Mormon environment - elitist mentality among developers and uppers. Not worth working here if you're not management. They make it uncomfortable. They're behind the times in employee treatment. They fire you and prevent you from unemployment.

Get it together.

Not a good company

Former Employee - IT Staff in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - IT Staff in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Ipro Tech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The overall staff at the employee level and not at the management level was good. Most were people just wanting to do a good job but that is more times than not, not possible at Ipro.

Cons

Plenty.
    Executives in place that know nothing about technology.
    No cooperation or help from management.
    Constant demands with no tools to accomplish tasks that have never been done before.
    Constant promises to customers with zero knowledge if it is even possible.
    Makes customers pay premium for superior technology solutions but spend no money on said solutions.
    Forced to use as many free versions of enterprise software as possible and refuse to pay for any licensing or software unless they are backed in a corner and have no choice.
    No direction within company other promises to customers they can't fulfill.
    Managers with zero ability and only there because they have friends in hiring roles.
    Horrible turnover with staff due to bad working conditions.
    Zero feedback to employees negative or positive.

Trust your employees. You hire them to do a job but never untie their hands to do the job correctly.
    Listen to your employees when they have issues with requirements or other employees and deal with issues instead of ignoring or blaming the employee who is asking for help.
    Put people in roles who are qualified and can do the job and lastly let them do said job. If you have negative feedback, give it to them or least let them know there is an issue instead of blatantly lie, hire replacements and just let people go without letting the opportunity for them to learn, grow, and remedy the issue.
    And no this is just a disgruntled old employee. Some of the things happened directly to me but also seen it happen repeatedly to others.