Ipro Tech

Add Photos

Kimothy Taylor

Things have turned around

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsDespite what reviews a year+ back saying how horrible this place is I think the Owners actually listened and the new CEO Kim has effected some real change.

I was terribly nervous when I came in for an interview as the reviews did not paint a good picture but this company is both small with 120 or so employees but stable due to it being around for 25 years. Feels like a small company with a startup attitude and people work SMART not hard, which I love.

Onboarding process is improving every week and introduces you to all corners of the company which gives you a better, fuller picture of the process coming into it all and it's your ONLY job for the first week, to learn.

The Culture seems to have shifted greatly with apparently 1/3rd of the original group leaving due to not fitting in with the new "get along with each other" culture being set up here and it doesn't feel false either. Really friendly culture, flex hours, work/life balance and results-oriented work environment. QA department is apparently relatively new and no longer outsourced, processes in development and testing are becoming more fleshed out and ACTUALLY AGILE (no "Agile, but..." !) and it seems to continue to be improved.

Admittedly, as with all corners of the legal industry, there's some friend nepotism going on but connections don't necessarily mean somebody isn't skilled in myriad ways. Who you know is always as important as what you know.

ConsAgile process could still be improved but there's no such thing as a perfectly agile shop in my experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, hire for culture fit and skills, engender good attitude and customer/employee happiness and results will follow.

Bad employer, bad products

QA Analyst (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsThe company promised bonuses.
    They promised pay raises.
    They made everything seem great on the surface.

ConsThe bonuses were based on numbers that only the executives had any information on. They would not even tell us what numbers they were looking at to determine the bonuses.
    The pay raises got stopped in favor of bonuses that the executives hid all numbers from so they could just say that the company did not make the numbers required for the bonuses.
    They had me and other employees working jobs that were well above what or job title suggested, then expected us to settle for very low pay for the title we had.
    They insisted on hiring additional management that was not needed just so the CEO could give jobs to his friends.
    Granted some or all of this might have changed since I left the company but something tells me if you study the practices objectively you would find similar things still happening.

Advice to Senior ManagementI sent an email just before I left. I hope you have studied it and have done your best to address the problems presented in that email.

Good People

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people, working hard to provide excellent software and service.

ConsIn the past, released software before it was ready.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep going down the path of QA prior to release, keep moving forward and investing in your people.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work environment that will beat you down

General (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsIf you are in need of a job to pay your bills and are able to deal with manipulation then this would be a holding place while you search for a company that will appreciate your hard work.

ConsIt has been a year since I voluntarily walked out of the IPRO door for the last time. Understand this, I left on my own terms, with notice, with no future position secured and it was the best decision I could have made. Everyone that I came in contact with noticed the difference once I left and it has taken this year to decompress from the chaos, stress, no structure, ruthlessness, ever changing policies to benefit upper management, favoritism and biased employee reviews.
    With upper management that will demand your evenings, weekends and holidays because of poor software and therefore client needs, this is not a good company to have as your employer. You will have to lie face to face with clients due to promises that are made and then not able to be carried out for months after the promised day. You will see wives get hired with top pay for positions they do not have the ability to perform and you will see employees be used for what knowledge they have to try to counterbalance these hires.
    You will be subjected to popsicle Fridays where you will stand in the heat and listen to the same stories about the wonderful growth coming. You will hear gloating of upper managements personal wealth while looking at your own paycheck and the pennies you receive as a raise.
    If you happened to work for the new CEO previously you will see the exact same art on the walls and the same incentives and programs, you will have your Christmas bonus taken to pay for a "fabulous" break room (only to see minor changes), if you travel you will be expected to take client appointments in airports and your car because your supervisor was hired because of who they know... not level of experience and competency in the industry.
    In conclusion; the environment at this company has taken seasoned veterans and new hires both, churned them through the wringer and spit them out. Both have quit and this alone squashed the belief that it is only old employees who were the problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementInappropriate conversations about female employees from upper management.
    Pay scale is severely unbalanced.
    Responsibility to tell the truth to your clients, not spin a tale.
    Oppressive atmosphere.

Not a bad place but room for improvement

Developer (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsYou get experience with some good development tools and technologies. Good medical benefits if you are single.

ConsSome of the senior developers had big egos and would not listen to others. They cared more about showing off their skills and protecting their jobs rather than working as a team. Management constantly pushed developers without any recognition or rewards. Pay raises were non-existent and bonuses were paltry at best.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees.

Oh No! Changes at IPRO.

ProsI think most people would agree that IPRO Tech is a pioneer in the ediscovery software business. The company existed for over 23 years and has dished out many applications in that span. However, no one will accuse IPRO of being "THE" ediscovery software company in the industry. It has been the old reliable yet boring and average. Things are changing now with new management strategy and addition of talent. Our clients who have attended the recent IPRO innovations conference would agree that there is a buzz now through innovation and creativity. The technology we're putting out in 2013 is something to be excited about. The applications are designed with the client's in mind.. why? because folks that were clients not too long ago are now at IPRO and they get it. This website contains some bad reviews about IPRO especially with regards to changes. These complaints seem to be coming from people that don't like change. These are people that exist everywhere in all organizations. They are content with the status quo and they will sleep walk through not just work but life in general. If you look at reviews of other companies going through changes, you will see the same type of people complaining. It is nothing new. Some people just don't get it and they're often the ones left behind.

ConsWe need more company sponsored events to build teams and morale. Please define career paths also so that everyone has something to work towards.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile the changes are positive for the most part, the managing of these changes could improve. Management needs to get as many people as they can to buy in and get rid of those that won't.

Not a good company

IT Staff (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsThe overall staff at the employee level and not at the management level was good. Most were people just wanting to do a good job but that is more times than not, not possible at Ipro.

ConsPlenty.
    Executives in place that know nothing about technology.
    No cooperation or help from management.
    Constant demands with no tools to accomplish tasks that have never been done before.
    Constant promises to customers with zero knowledge if it is even possible.
    Makes customers pay premium for superior technology solutions but spend no money on said solutions.
    Forced to use as many free versions of enterprise software as possible and refuse to pay for any licensing or software unless they are backed in a corner and have no choice.
    No direction within company other promises to customers they can't fulfill.
    Managers with zero ability and only there because they have friends in hiring roles.
    Horrible turnover with staff due to bad working conditions.
    Zero feedback to employees negative or positive.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your employees. You hire them to do a job but never untie their hands to do the job correctly.
    Listen to your employees when they have issues with requirements or other employees and deal with issues instead of ignoring or blaming the employee who is asking for help.
    Put people in roles who are qualified and can do the job and lastly let them do said job. If you have negative feedback, give it to them or least let them know there is an issue instead of blatantly lie, hire replacements and just let people go without letting the opportunity for them to learn, grow, and remedy the issue.
    And no this is just a disgruntled old employee. Some of the things happened directly to me but also seen it happen repeatedly to others.

They use you and then they lose you

Tech (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsThe people were nice, lower peeps keep it interesting and helpful.

ConsThey don't pay enough, there is stress and political strife. Weird Mormon environment - elitist mentality among developers and uppers. Not worth working here if you're not management. They make it uncomfortable. They're behind the times in employee treatment. They fire you and prevent you from unemployment.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together.

It Isn't IPRO Anymore is Correct

ProsThe leadership to move the company forward and to hold employees accountable for their performance.

ConsThere have been many negative postings up here recently and from the perspective of a current employee who is not in management, it is annoying to see it. I have seen many improvements since the new management has taken over. Do I like all of it? No. But honestly, you cannot make everyone happy all of the time especially when you have over 100 people in a company. As to comments about good people getting fired, I have not seen that yet. The people that have been let go, were not performing and needed to be let go. As far as the people who have voluntarily left their employment with Ipro, maybe they just did not have what it takes to be part of a team. Ipro is changing and it is about time. We need to change to move forward as a company. If you are that concerned with the direction the company is taking, schedule a meeting with management and see if you can do something to help. I am happy to work for a company that wants to move forward instead of falling behind. The negativity being spread by disgruntled employees who are not performing or putting forth the effort to be a more productive employee and who are afraid to go find a new job they are more suited for is the biggest con.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest time in Ipro and bring in the people who understand our industry and are willing to work to improve our company, but don't forget the people who were here when you came on board who are willing to work with the team to improve the company and don't be afraid to get rid of the ones who cannot or will not move forward.

Fake positive reviews are being posted to this site by IPRO Tech upper management

ProsIPRO was a troubled but better company 6 months ago before the recent leadership changes. New building is nice. Most products are ok as standalone versions, but historically many have had trouble with integration and living up to the standards of what is being sold to the end user. Tech support does a good job at handling these daily issues. Despite recent management tactics and changes to our ability to earn a living, those that are here do try to make a difference..

ConsCompany is in transition with new upper management and it isn't going well. Friends of new president are flowing in and being place in positions they are not qualified for as he continues to polarize long time employees. Internal bait and switch incentives and tactics are going on and we all see it. Pretty evident the company is attempting to put on a false attractive front and going to be sold in a few years if not in the next few months. Most employees are secretly looking to leave the company every day.

Not the same company for the worse and motivation tactics coming from the very top are not fooling anyone. We heard about this review site today as I was told by another employee that negative reviews are now starting to come out and many are spot on. It is pretty evident to many of us that upper management is now posting fake positive reviews in an effort to defend declining ratings that reflect poor recent upper management tactics. That is why I am posting this.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe new leadership needs to go and IPRO may still have a chance. Many employees believe the leadership is destroying this company. Our new president has internally turned IPRO into a negative culture environment in a matter of just 4-5 months. Other than a handful of his Encore friends, the rest of us smile but go home and look for another job somewhere else. Pretty bad when 75% of the company doesn't want to be here and listen to crooked motivation tactics. We all know what is going on. See who is here a year from now.

The positive spin review on this site says all the bad people have left. The truth is that many of the good people have gone off and found new jobs faster than the rest of us still looking. A safe bet that any positive review is being generated from the top management or a new Encore hire. As employees, we live with the reality.

Worked for Ipro Tech? Contribute to the Community!