Ipsen

Be The First To
Add Photos

Marc de Garidel

Still a bumpy road.

I have been working at Ipsen full-time for more than a year

ProsFlexible hours. Benefits. Generally good people to work with.

ConsHigh turnover. No training. No growth opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive the less senior members of the team something to look forward to. There isn't much growth potential and that is frustrating. Also find a way to slow down the turn over rate.

Small pharma company

I worked at Ipsen

ProsGood heath benefits, current location is not in the city though a move to Cambridge MA is planned, in general most co-workers were talented and good to work with, easy commute allowed work/life balance.

ConsConstant change in recent years, base salary in lower range, communication from management to worker needs improvement, issues with having headquarters in a foreign country, no identified "ladders" for development

Great benefits

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Ipsen full-time for more than a year

ProsBenefits, great work/home balance, the company is interested in moving forward but are stuck with too many people making decisions.

ConsControlling Home office, very little training, cultural differences in how business is conducted.

Not a good place to work.

Basking Ridge, NJ

I have been working at Ipsen for more than 3 years

ProsVery few - the compensation is within the bounds of reason.

ConsThe company is poorly managed; highly political; unfocused with constantly shifting priorities; and people are not really valued. It seems that the best people leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the company...There are currently some decent drugs being marketed. Move those and the R&D efforts to a place where they can be efficiently used.

Well-run company

Global Development (Former Employee)

I worked at Ipsen as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsSmart people, lively energy. I worked for Ipsen as a contractor for several years and they treated me very well. For such a large company, they were very flexible in their policies and procedures. They generally made good business decisions that worked toward the betterment of their staff.

ConsPerhaps too many miscellaneous positions leading to a large, top-heavy organization. There were many people at the Director and VP levels who were in charge of tiny, niche areas in the company. If you didn't know exactly who was running the tiny area you needed access to, you were kinda out of luck. And it could take you a week to figure out who WAS in charge of that tiny niche area.

Incompetent senior management

I worked at Ipsen

ProsGood pay and excellent benefits

ConsInept senior management. No understanding of the speciality market and refusal to listen to the field. Management tries to rule by intimidation.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn from your experiences people.

Not an experience I would like to repeat.

I worked at Ipsen full-time

ProsWell paid; worked with a great group of people (the majority of which were from the previous company that Ipsen bought out).

ConsFrench headquarters wanted to call all the shots, even thought they did not know the US culture/market. They were very bureaucratic and countless of committees that took ages to make decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the local people that know the way things are done in the US!

My experience was eye opening

CSS (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ipsen

ProsGet experience with buy and bill model
Call on specialists. Learn about managed care and medical benefits. Gain new experience.

ConsManagement constantly changing strategy. Reps always put on performance improvement plans. Managers all micromanage. No clinical support. Do not get feedback form reps on climate in the field.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micromanaging reps and stick with a sales strategy for moe that 1 quarter. Have more trust and respect for reps.

Dir Dev R&D

Director Dev R&D (Current Employee)
Paris (France)

I have been working at Ipsen full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCan meet very nice people, committed and talented

ConsVP and SVPs layers unabling decision making, High politics conflicts, Many coming from mega companies and applying same processes while Ipsen is small and agility is key. Products old with too many emphasis on new molecules rather than LCM, New technology for administering, enabling home hospitalisation, and closing eyes from competition rather than beating them!

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove 80+ VPs, empower Franchises (Marketing + medical) to lead portfolio and all budgets. Then all other functions including Dev + manufacturing are in support rather than show stoppers.

Small structure yet heavy on processes

Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Ipsen full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSome (really) neat people in the employees, some nice products, overal benefits package.

ConsLimited product portfolio and scarce pipeline. Lacks the agility its size should allow.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower people to make them accountable.
NB: Jean Luc Belingard has been replaced by M de Garidel for years.

Worked for Ipsen? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ipsen reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ipsen CEO Marc de Garidel. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by Ipsen employees.