Ipsos Reviews

Reset
3.1
Ipsos Chairman and CEO Didier Truchot
Didier Truchot

Pros
  • It's one of the top 5 Market Research Company in the word so you could end up working with people from who you can learn a lot (in 26 reviews)

• Great working environment, team players (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Management acts like they own you - there is no work-life balance other than lip service paid to the concept (in 25 reviews)

• Very long hours and stress level with little to no support from management (in 21 reviews)

1. Director

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Ipsos full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Challenging environment filled with passionate, intelligent researchers. Excellent opportunities for growth if you are willing to get outside of your comfort zone. Senior managers care about the progress of all employees.

Cons

Teams can be geographically dispersed. The quality of internal project support teams varies. Benefits are fair, but used to be better.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster growth of talent by providing mentoring and training programs.

Great

Current Employee - Analyst in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Analyst in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Ipsos (More than a year)

Pros

flexibility and independence through employment agency. There are opportunities to be a member of a team and work on different projects.

Cons

no access to the network. Contract work is tough and you have to learn the process to be successful. There are good managers that will help you understand their roles and process.

Advice to Management

more food so we can eat. I love how during meetings that there are food leftover and we take advantage of eating before others do.

Vice President

I have been working at Ipsos full-time

Pros

Great people, lots of career advancement possibility, interesting work

Cons

can be tedious work, need more training

Advice to Management

more transparency

Smart colleagues and clients - lots of growth opportunities

Current Employee - Vice President
    Current Employee - Vice President

I have been working at Ipsos full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As one of the largest research firms, we attract the best talent and clients. The result is a fast-paced work environment, that encourages everyone to learn, grow, improve and challenge the status quo.

Cons

As one of the largest research firms, communications could always be improved and sometimes change is slow/challenging. And with the desire to serve clients and learn, work life balance is not always achieved.

Advice to Management

Continue to try to communicate more and leverage the strengths of each individual to the fullest.

Analyst

Pros

great experience and great place to work

Cons

can be tedious and difficult work

Ipsos Response

Aug 18, 2015 – Ipsos Management

Thank you for your feedback! I am glad to hear that you had a great experience working at Ipsos - we strive to ensure that our entry-level Analysts are exposed to various assignment opportunities to ... More

7. Decent salary

Former Employee - Software Developer
    Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at Ipsos full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salaries are reviewed every year. You will have lots of time and opportunities to experiment on new tools or features.

Cons

Current back-end design isn't the best out there. You'll need a lot of hacks in your code to account for inefficiencies in the back-end, unless of course you have the time to re-design the entire thing. Which is hard given the sheer amount and nature of their data.

Advice to Management

If you want your tools to be more efficient, put together a team to overhaul your entire back-end. That will also mean re-designing your existing tools.

8. DIrector

I worked at Ipsos full-time

Pros

Ipsos is great if you want stability, resources and a generally talented executive team.

Cons

This is not the place for upward mobility, staying current on research trends, and/or instiling imagination

Lost in Translation

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ipsos full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are wonderful. There are some dedicated employees who are extremely bright and focused. The pay is competitive however the merit increases are a joke. Literally everyone, even the managers who deliver the merit increases laugh at the fact that they aren't even considered to be a cost of living increase.

Cons

Each year the cheerleaders (upper management) start out with good intentions, preaching of a unified commitment to success. There's a new theme for the year along with a checklist of goals to accomplish. Then as the year passes, with each subsequent division meeting or town-hall, the vision, the theme is lost and the focus once again becomes the bottom line and the focus on the people is lost.

Advice to Management

Go Back to Basics. Care about employee retention. Remember the legacy Ipsos- people were excited to work there.

losing touch

I worked at Ipsos (More than a year)

Pros

Global management has tools and talent Credentialed, organized systems offer confidence to clients Terrific training opportunities

Cons

Yes-men to clients Not getting ahead of data and trends to offer relevant, timely analysis that is fresh and meaningful Rigid management structure didn't allow playing to my talents - HR actually said while my proposal made sense to work across teams, it didn't fit the "triangle"

11. intern

Pros

comfortable and nice people

Cons

too much work for intern

RSS Feed </> Embed