Ipsos

Updated December 25, 2014
3.1

Ipsos Chairman and CEO Didier Truchot
Didier Truchot

Pros
  • More often than not, they have positions for part-time market research/survey interviewer (in 26 reviews)

• OK working environment and friendly colleagues (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Excessive hours; they could care less about a work/life balance (in 25 reviews)

• Some extremely dull work, long hours for which you are not recognised, poor pay (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

Managing director of one of the BUs

I have been working at Ipsos

Pros

Flexible working hours, experienced team, validated tools, wide range of clients/ industries

Cons

heavy workload, not many benefits (in fact - none, apart basic medical insurance)

Pretty good place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Ipsos full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The culture is very collegial and friendly. Everybody is very smart and helpful, full of ideas. Workers are treated with genuine respect and every opinion matters. I am given a lot of independence and flexibility in the way I work. HR processes are improving and there is a lot of new initiatives that are helping the business.

Cons

Pay is about average, but the workload makes it less then average. As it is inevitable with a large company, decisions are slow and processes could be improved.

Good grad scheme but you'll end up on the scrap heap afterward

Current Employee - Research Executive in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Research Executive in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Ipsos full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The grad scheme was good, training provided, opportunity to do extra curricular activities

Cons

Horrible management team within my BU, heavy workload, no appreciation for hours you work and egotistical directors who will take credit for the work that you do without even a thank you. Also like to move people around a lot and change their projects on a regular basis. Very political. Badly paid

Start recognising talent and nurture it. People will leave otherwise. Pay is also a big issue for a lot of people.

SVP

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Boston, MA

I have been working at Ipsos full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work load, consistency of accounts to manage, involved in decision making, and independence

Cons

Ceiling hits at SVP, slow upward mobility, lack of added fringe benefits from VP to SVP

Make SVP a slightly more special and appreciated role with some fringe benefits

Work hard will be repaired

I have been working at Ipsos full-time

Pros

Teams are really good and supportive

Cons

Any time ready to work

Terrible call centre work

Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Ipsos part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The only good thing about working in the Ipsos MORI call centre in Edinburgh is that there are plenty of interesting people working there. A lot of students, artists and musicians work there because the work is flexible. However, it's very monotonous work, and can feel quite soul crushing. I worked there for three years, but only about 16 hours per week on average, and moving up the pay scales up to supervisory level helped. Full time hours on minimum wage would have been just too much.
    The good thing about shift work is that when you clock off, it's over. You go straight home and forget about it. Now that I have a 'better' job in a different sector, one I'm meant to feel invested in - I miss that. I don't miss the monotony though.

Cons

Zero hours contracts - as you move up the pay grades it can get easier to get hours. The management treat the workforce as completely expendable.

If you have a thin skin you will find it stressful - most people don't like being phoned up at home and asked to do surveys. And they will tell you. And you will make hundreds of calls in every four hour shift.

How about letting your interviewers feel a bit more invested in what you do by not treating them like they're expendable? After all, your interviewers are the public voice of your company.

Software developer

I worked at Ipsos

Pros

good work culture and close knit teams

Cons

low growth , low compensation and other benefits

treat your employees as assets and not as some cheap labor

An interesting and rewarding contract position.

Current Employee - Regional Coordinator in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Regional Coordinator in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Ipsos as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Interaction was facilitated through email, phone, and Hipchat. For the most part, the people I worked with were professional. Suggestions based on my expertise were incorporated into the project.

Cons

A few last minute additions to the upper level administrative hierarchy were very ineffective. They had some experience in earlier projects but it did not translate to the current project. They never did get up to speed. Also, In some instances communication broke down with the lack of response.

Bring in people with expertise early in the project.

Senior Level Management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

I have been working at Ipsos full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Strong global backing. History and some really good, well established tools

Cons

Clueless, arrogant and egoistic management that is slow, well settled and don't want to move one inch out of their comfort zone

Its like working for a government organization

Research world is changing quick and fast. Take decisions, buy some softwares

Clients are giving work only and only because of the global partnerships. Indian arm is not worth a penny

Poor leadership and system

Current Employee - Associate Director in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I have been working at Ipsos full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Can work with many smart people

Cons

Poor system and leadership. No project manager in this company. The researchers also need to do the project management jobs.
    And the way they separate the divisions by product instead of by industry is working. It causes so many internal competition. Each division looks like running their own businesses under the same floor.
    Recent change of leadership also hurting the company morale. Poor strategy of making redundancy to cover the annual figure loss.

Ipsos Photos