Iron Hill Brewery Reviews

Kevin P. Finn

1. Great Restaurant

Current Employee - Server in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Server in West Chester, PA

I have been working at Iron Hill Brewery full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can make a great amount of $ as a server. Especially working cocktail/patio shifts. Best saturday double I had $3400 sales.

Cons

Managers are overworked and don't make enough money . Raises are not given unless you ask, a bad practice.

Advice to Management

Do not just promote people to key Manager because you need to fill a roll. Be more decisive about choosing the right candidates.

2. Server Assistant

Pros

Good hours, good tips, good management

Cons

There are non cons, Iron Hill is a great company

3. Hit or Miss - Media

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Media, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Media, PA

I worked at Iron Hill Brewery full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Atmosphere, Fun customers, Dynamite beer to sell. Very good food is a plus! A couple of good managers. Adam is the best. A few nice employees. Derek is the best. The prep cooks, chefs, line cooks are down to earth and make work fun!

Cons

A lot of politics. Manager faves get better shifts or sections even if yelp reviews say they shouldn't. The closing managers, who also serve or tend bar, can be rude. Sorry Shannon! Manager Communication is non existent as is 2 way or 1 way feedback.

Advice to Management

Reduce the brown nosing politics. Hire intelligent closers. Ask employees how they're doing /liking the job and don't hesitate to give feedback or tips. Media has a much colder staff than other locations. Why? Return phone calls, too.

5. Great training process and staff support.

Former Employee - Hostess in Media, PA
    Former Employee - Hostess in Media, PA

I worked at Iron Hill Brewery part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good atmosphere and friendly staff.

Cons

Sometimes have to work through breaks.

6. 3 month anniversary

Current Employee - Servers Assistant in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Servers Assistant in West Chester, PA

I have been working at Iron Hill Brewery part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Today, I recieved an email that it was my three month anniversary working for iron hill but I already feel like it's been a lifetime. My employers and coworkers are amazing people and I always enjoy going to work. The hours formt position are short but I make twice as much money as I expected. Compared to my previous jobs I am working half the hours for double the money. I would like to stay with this company until I finish college and I know that when that day comes i will be sad to leave.

Cons

So far there are no cons.

Advice to Management

My only advice is to do something about the lack of clean silverware at the start of shifts.

7. Best Restaurant to Work At!

Former Employee - Server in Phoenixville, PA
    Former Employee - Server in Phoenixville, PA

I worked at Iron Hill Brewery full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They promote from within and have a fantastic training program. They really value their employees and the owners are really down to earth, great people. You get to learn so much cool stuff about craft beer, you will end up being a beer snob! The clientele is above-average, so as a server you do not feel disrespected. They do a great job at hiring people who are nice, outgoing, friendly and educated. It's a fun, fast environment and you will never be bored.

Cons

Managers tend to play favorites with assigning the money-making sections and shifts.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing & don't lose sight of your employees and where you came from as you grow as a company.

8. Good Experience

I worked at Iron Hill Brewery full-time

Pros

Great food, friendly co-workers, opportunity for advancement. Positive atmosphere with quality and customer service as top priorities.

Cons

Not many cons. I was able to start as a hostess and advance to server when I turned 18.

9. Great company to work for.

Former Employee - Server in West Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Server in West Chester, PA

Pros

Iron Hill values their employees. They are flexible with schedules and treat employees very well. Very clean working environment and even at their busiest the restaurant functions well and employees work well together.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any cons.

Advice to Management

none.

10. Iron Hill brewery review

Current Employee - Server in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Server in Wilmington, DE

Pros

Exciting, fun, team oriented atmosphere. Management will consistently reward hard work with free pints or meals.

Cons

There is lot of sidework

11. Inspire Loyalty.

Current Employee - Server and Host in Voorhees, NJ
    Current Employee - Server and Host in Voorhees, NJ

Pros

They are lenient when it comes to giving an employee time off for outside obligations. If you have a question(s), most co-workers and managers are willing to assist, regardless of how many times you have asked the same question.

Cons

I agree wholeheartedly with previous cons other employees have made: management plays favorites; lots of sidework; although management will grant time off or avoid scheduling certain days if you have other commitments like another job or school, they will constantly pressure you to pick up more hours by calling/messaging/texting, make snide remarks pertaining to why you cannot pick up extra shifts all the time and one AGM threatened to give less hours to those who have other engagements besides Iron Hill; meetings do not resolve issues; managers and key leads are appointed after less than a year as a host or server; and, there is a tremendous pattern of nepotism.

Advice to Management

Address the cons in this review to strengthen your establishment; it will certainly improve employee satisfaction and morale as well as revenue.

RSS Feed </> Embed