Iron Hill Brewery

Updated January 20, 2015
Updated January 20, 2015
4.1

Kevin P. Finn

Best Restaurant to Work At!

Former Employee - Server in Phoenixville, PA
    Former Employee - Server in Phoenixville, PA

I worked at Iron Hill Brewery full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They promote from within and have a fantastic training program. They really value their employees and the owners are really down to earth, great people. You get to learn so much cool stuff about craft beer, you will end up being a beer snob! The clientele is above-average, so as a server you do not feel disrespected. They do a great job at hiring people who are nice, outgoing, friendly and educated. It's a fun, fast environment and you will never be bored.

Cons

Managers tend to play favorites with assigning the money-making sections and shifts.

Keep doing what you're doing & don't lose sight of your employees and where you came from as you grow as a company.

3 month anniversary

Current Employee - Servers Assistant in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Servers Assistant in West Chester, PA

I have been working at Iron Hill Brewery part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Today, I recieved an email that it was my three month anniversary working for iron hill but I already feel like it's been a lifetime. My employers and coworkers are amazing people and I always enjoy going to work. The hours formt position are short but I make twice as much money as I expected. Compared to my previous jobs I am working half the hours for double the money. I would like to stay with this company until I finish college and I know that when that day comes i will be sad to leave.

Cons

So far there are no cons.

My only advice is to do something about the lack of clean silverware at the start of shifts.

Good Experience

I worked at Iron Hill Brewery full-time

Pros

Great food, friendly co-workers, opportunity for advancement. Positive atmosphere with quality and customer service as top priorities.

Cons

Not many cons. I was able to start as a hostess and advance to server when I turned 18.

Great company to work for.

Former Employee - Server in West Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Server in West Chester, PA

I worked at Iron Hill Brewery

Pros

Iron Hill values their employees. They are flexible with schedules and treat employees very well. Very clean working environment and even at their busiest the restaurant functions well and employees work well together.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any cons.

none.

Iron Hill brewery review

Current Employee - Server in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Server in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Iron Hill Brewery

Pros

Exciting, fun, team oriented atmosphere. Management will consistently reward hard work with free pints or meals.

Cons

There is lot of sidework

Inspire Loyalty.

Current Employee - Server and Host in Voorhees, NJ
    Current Employee - Server and Host in Voorhees, NJ

I have been working at Iron Hill Brewery

Pros

They are lenient when it comes to giving an employee time off for outside obligations. If you have a question(s), most co-workers and managers are willing to assist, regardless of how many times you have asked the same question.

Cons

I agree wholeheartedly with previous cons other employees have made: management plays favorites; lots of sidework; although management will grant time off or avoid scheduling certain days if you have other commitments like another job or school, they will constantly pressure you to pick up more hours by calling/messaging/texting, make snide remarks pertaining to why you cannot pick up extra shifts all the time and one AGM threatened to give less hours to those who have other engagements besides Iron Hill; meetings do not resolve issues; managers and key leads are appointed after less than a year as a host or server; and, there is a tremendous pattern of nepotism.

Address the cons in this review to strengthen your establishment; it will certainly improve employee satisfaction and morale as well as revenue.

Fantastic company

I have been working at Iron Hill Brewery full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Opportunity for growth, owners and leadership are approachable, culture, philanthropy, fun environment

Cons

While they do offer PTO, it is not very good for hourly employees; overall though, benefits are great

Nice company

I have been working at Iron Hill Brewery part-time (more than a year)

Pros

positive energy, customer satisfaction is a priority, career development opportunities are abundant, reliable management team that takes the open door policy in place seriously

Cons

hours can be overly demanding, family / work balance is unfavorable, have to buy your own uniforms, they do not seem to make the most of the opportunities brought to their attention at company survey time

follow thru follow thru follow thru.......if you are agreeing to change then please make it happen .....explain corporate initiatives better than ...."because HQ said to do it...."

Was great, until the new AGM arrived

Former Employee - Server in Voorhees, NJ
    Former Employee - Server in Voorhees, NJ

I worked at Iron Hill Brewery full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Location is great, Kitchen always produces an excellent product. Clientele rarely tips unfairly. Co-workers are truly amazing people!

Cons

New AGM at Voorhees is working them illegally, adding set-up shifts in the morning. AGM is only worried $$$$$ not the staff. He denies all OT. Complaints to management go unresolved because if the AGM is confronted .... he is never wrong. Bring the old AGM back!! Most Key Managers need better training!

Have a formal GM to staff meeting to resolve all the issues.

Iron Hill Brewery Response

Sep 9, 2014Talent Acquisition Specialist

Iron Hill adheres to all federal and state employment laws. If you feel an error has been made, please contact us directly at hr@ironhillbrewery.com so that we may address your issue ASAP

Fun, fast paced place to learn the brew scene

Current Employee - Server in Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Server in Newark, DE

I have been working at Iron Hill Brewery full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellence is recognized by management and owners, there are chances for advancement and it is easy to make money if you know the product and take time to know the customer

Cons

Hours are either too much or too few. Menu is very big and hard to learn.