Iron Hill Brewery

www.ironhillbrewery.com

Iron Hill Brewery Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Kevin P. Finn

Fun, fast paced place to learn the brew scene

Server (Current Employee) Newark, DE

ProsExcellence is recognized by management and owners, there are chances for advancement and it is easy to make money if you know the product and take time to know the customer

ConsHours are either too much or too few. Menu is very big and hard to learn.

Best restaurant job

Waitress (Current Employee) Maple Shade, NJ

ProsManagement is awesome and cares about employees and the overall workings of every aspect of the restaurant.
    Great benefits through daily rewards from managers, comp money, and many benefit programs if interested.
    Core values are enforced throughout the entire staff.
    Money is there if you work hard for the good shifts.

ConsA lot of sidework (well worth is most the time)
    A long training process in the beginning

Great place to work part time while in school

Hostess (Former Employee) Newark, DE

ProsDiscounted beer! :) Management was great, part time hours were good.

ConsReally the same cons as working at any bar/restaurant.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Professional and fun work environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsProfessional and fun work environment. Everyone was very friendly and easy to work with. A very family-oriented environment. Hard work does get recognized!

ConsThe organization of management was very confusing, and certain responsibilities were given to people who should not have had those responsibilities.

Good place to work

Key (Former Employee) Phila, PA

ProsManagement, hours, benefits are great for this industry.

ConsSome of the management staff plays favorites.

Great place to work, eat and gain experience

ProsManagement, Benefits for Employees, Location

ConsSpecifically for the Newark location, it can be annoying to work and be surrounded by college kids who are not always very responsible for shifts.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't play favorites with some employees

Worked as server/bartender

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Employees. Plenty of regulars. Very busy restaurant.

ConsManagers don't take their jobs seriously. Never hold anyone accountable, and always pick favorites.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you complain about your job it brings down the entire staff.

Best job I have had as an adult

Server (Current Employee) Phoenixville, PA

ProsFun work environment
    Great staff
    Delicious beer
    An evolving menu

ConsYou never know what a day at the Hill will bring!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

If you're looking for a great serving job...try Iron Hill!

Server (Former Employee) North Wales, PA

ProsManagement is fair. Great team environment among the staff. The owners treat every employee like an actual person. The kitchen puts out a great product, which makes a server's job easy.

ConsNew employees have to work a lot of doubles at the beginning. The menu changes every 6 months and everyone has to take a 140 question test to show that they know the menu (it might be a little excessive).

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing, because it is working. There is really nothing I would tell them to change. Management is fair, professional, and always there for the staff.

One of the best serving jobs I've had...but its still a serving job.

Server (Current Employee) Phoenixville, PA

ProsAwesome people to work with. Everyone is fun, outgoing, and super helpful. The money can be really good during the fall/winter season if you are a closer. Discounts on beers and "shift beers." Really good training and education on beer/food.

ConsHours suck. If you are a good server, you will start closing almost every shift and work doubles and/or close Fri/Sat/Sun. Disconnect and lots of miscommunication between the servers and kitchen staff. Thank god its good food, so it doesnt cause too many problems, but it still needs improvement.

Advice to Senior Managementstay on top of problems at tables. Dont be afraid to confront the chefs about problems with the food. Dont overstaff on sun/mon/tues/weds. Make cuts so the closers can make money. Tip outs can be a little shady.

Worked for Iron Hill Brewery? Contribute to the Community!