Iron Mountain Inc

www.ironmountain.com

Iron Mountain Inc Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

William Meaney

Pros
  • Good front line employees and work life balance is ok(in 15 reviews)

• Good benefits, great people to work with, always something new happening(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Like most places upper management has no clue what people actually goes through on a daily basis(in 13 reviews)

• Concern for the customer as the Customer Service is poorly trained and HIGH turnover with CS(in 12 reviews)

Letting outside Consultants call all the shots; changes hurting customers and employees alike

Business Development Executive (Current Employee)

Prossalaries are decent and local teams are great to work with

Conscuts, cuts and more cuts -- every year, like clockwork. And constant restructuring. Don't even let last year's idea start to work before they are re-organizing again, literally 4 months into the new year. Have trimmed so many operations employees that they now have a hard time getting the work done. Many cuts in Sales as well. As the result of the cuts, those that are left just have to do more and more. The workload is unmanageable. 60 hrs a week, and can hardly make forward progress. Sell more, do more....hard to sell when customer requests aren't being met -- lots of technical issues and no one to help solve them. No longer even any mention of "TCS" -- Total Customer Satisfaction -- which is one of the core values....

Advice to Senior Managementquit spending millions on outside consultants and take that money and invest it in your PEOPLE, and in technology that is more stable.

Info Tech positions

IT Management (Current Employee)

Prosdecent pay, IF they keep the bonus structure

ConsZero communication, lots of 'gray' undefined areas. No governance or ownership

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the fossils who still run the group ... get some new blood

Highly political

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMet a few very nice people

ConsPeople who step on you to get to the top; no integrity

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stressful and anti-social.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt's a good experience type of job; learning different skills and programs. Morning hours were satisfactory, and they seemed to treat their full-time employees well.

ConsThe morale of my department was very dull, and unfriendly. I think the use of multiple tempts for different projects actually made production slower and less satisfactory.

Fair

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome great front line employees

ConsConstant change and reorganization

Advice to Senior ManagementCome out of your offices a little more to see what customers and employees are saying.

Loved my job until position eliminated

Operations Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsLocal management was terriffic. Good benefits and incentive programs.

ConsThe corporate programs which treated managers and supervisors all as if they were entry level employees. Micromanaged the employee appreciation process.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompletely overhaul your benefits team and start to relate to the frontline employee. You could reduce your HR team dramatically and drastically improve the individual employee experience.

Transportation Supervisor

Prosgood people, good pay if you ask for it

Consvery structured, corporate style, advancement can be tricky

sr. Business analyst

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsIron mountain is a good place to work.

ConsGlobal good organization but they have slow process

Advice to Senior ManagementNon

Excellent company, good pay, a LOT of transition

Process Engineering (Current Employee) Collegeville, PA

ProsBenefits start at Day 1, good 401k match, a lot of potential for internal movement. Open door policy. Great people, excellent cafeteria. Bonuses are very good: quarterly for Customer Care, yearly for other positions

ConsFor one thing, the company has made about 2,000 layoffs world-wide in the last 6 months. Still a good company to work for, but I'd be leery about job security. Maybe it'll be better once the current round of layoffs dies down. The internal command structure can also be very confusing, with people reporting to different people depending on current projects.

ok for the most part very stressful otherwise.

Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

Prosexcellent benefits and good working conditions

Consno room for growth. too many quotas to meet.

Advice to Senior Managementease up on all the rules and negative points issued to employees.

Worked for Iron Mountain Inc? Contribute to the Community!