Iron Will International

Excellence!!!

Former Employee - Retail Associate/Promotions in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Retail Associate/Promotions in Tampa, FL

I worked at Iron Will International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Growth, Expansions, rapid advancement, great compensation, Had a lot of fun while I worked here made a lot of money also. Only reason I had to leave was medical reason with family members. Otherwise I would still be there, would like to have considered it a great career choice.

Cons

No cons to report really, its not for some people who aren't willing to put in work. but those who do excel!! The growth is unprecedented how fast you can move and the life skill i learned along the way.

Keep reaching for the stars!!!

The group was great and had a good time, but the job was not for me.

I worked at Iron Will International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I like the group interaction and it looked like everyone was serious about helping the company grow. Team nights and building relationships was the best aspect of the job. I got along great with management and my team.

Cons

I didn't like the pay structure starting and I didn't like the office setting and the building as well. I didn't like having to walk around all over Home Depot looking for customers interested in kitchen/bathroom refacing and the majority of them were never interested. I eventually quit because I wasn't making anything that was satisfying and I didn't like driving all over town considering gas prices.

I would suggest you up the pay, instead of minimum wage, I would raise that to over $10 an hour so that at least you are compensated for all that time and walking around.

Opportunity Driven Company That Encourages Self Growth

Current Employee - Account Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Iron Will International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great working environment and great culture.
    Lots of Positive minded individuals, Negative ones don't last long.
    Lots of positive feedback, Always feels like we're making a difference in the Company.
    Environment that keeps you motivated, easy to get out of bed in the morning to come to work.
    Also, you get to market for Fortune 100 companies and have face to face conversations with management.

Cons

Starts entry level but if you pick up fast, then you grow fast. You get to grow at your own pace. And the compensation grows as you grow as well.

Keep it up. Morale is great in the office.

Misleading!!!

Former Employee - Filed Representative/Account Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Filed Representative/Account Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Iron Will International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You meet tons of new people everyday. Good opportunity if you can deal with odd hours and no guarantee of pay!

Cons

No guarantee on pay, odd hours, very misleading to say the least!!! If considering this business get ready to hear a lot of No's and make sure you put down your hours not what they tell you to put on the timesheet because I lost a lot of money!!! Also be sure to photo copy leads to see what you are being paid on - they didn't pay me on several strong leads!!! Long days on feet and little time with family and no pay! As far as salary it is not a salary it is hourly $8 or commission, whichever is greater!

Be professional and answer all employees not just the ones making money for your bank account.

If i hadn't Moved with my family, i'd still be working there

Former Employee - Account Executive in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Iron Will International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really liked the atmosphere. Very positive work environment, Team nights provided an opportunity to build relationships with co-workers and upper management. Entry-level to management growth process was real structured and fast. Pay at assistant manager $1,000/w plus commission was good too. But what struck me the most was how such a small company could do so much for such big clients.

Cons

I didn't like that they only sent the top rep in the office to regional and national meetings. Felt like more then one person should have the opportunity to go but i guess they used it to create competition.

Send more guys to regional and national meetings and you'll grow faster.

A Sales company, that falls flat on most every level

I worked at Iron Will International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

My co-workers were great to work with, and were excellent at helping train and assist me with the sales consulting process and various job pitches.

Cons

The company 'HQ' is very poor; a run-down, 2-room spot in a strip-mall, where the main 'meeting-room', consists of a fan and a black-board.. no chairs, no tables, nothing else.

The pay-scale is very poor; when you start, you either earn an hourly-pay of minimum wage, or your commissions for the week; whichever is more. You also earn $45 per kitchen 'sale' and $15 per bathroom 'sale'... and by 'sale', I mean, you walk around a Home Depot, doing sales' pitches to every customer there.. trying to get them to sign-up for a complete re-model of their Kitchen or Bathroom. Needless to say, it is quite hard to get sign-ups, and you are very often met with people who are, well, annoyed.. by your soliciting.. and the folder & various paperwork you are carrying with you when you approach them randomly.

The job's hours are typically 11 am to 9-10 pm. You are in the store from 1 - 7:30 pm, and then have to drive back to HQ for a follow-up. Oftentimes though, the owner will also go to a store, and not get back to HQ until near 9 pm, which makes the day quite lengthy. Also, after driving to your company HQ, you will typically drive to areas like Fridley, Coon Rapids, & Woodbury; all of which is nearly 40 miles one-way. So unless you are making good on your commissions, your hourly wages will likely hardly cover your gas expenses, given the price of gas nowadays.

My biggest con with this company though, is that the owner is not very well-trained at being a supervisor-type figure, or running a business. Various co-workers of mine would complain about not being paid for months after their timesheet was submitted, and considering that you are told that the job pays weekly when at orientation, that is not very reasonable. I found this fact out the hard way, but due to this web-sites guidelines, I will not go into detail, but rather warn others to not fall into the same situation as I have.

Raise the starting pay for your employees, and perhaps actually 'PAY' them when they leave their assignments.