Ironclad Technology Services

Updated November 22, 2014
Updated November 22, 2014
4.7

CEO

They take care of their contractors

I have been working at Ironclad Technology Services

Pros

Ironclad Technology offers excellent benefit package and good wages. Human resources and payroll personnel respond in a day or less for any questions that their contractors have. They are a positive company to work for.

Cons

None Ironclad Technology is a good company to work for.

You are doing a great job!

Superlative company with very advanced trending in software project management.

I worked at Ironclad Technology Services

Pros

Excellent work environment
    Great people to work with
    Very good J2EE technologists as well as analytics

Cons

The Hampton Roads weather
    Traffic (if you don't live nearby)
    There aren't really a lot of negatives to working there

Keep doing what you've been doing. Success will always follow.

Super happy with them as a contractor working away from the HQ as I do my job and know the support is there when needed

Current Employee - Contractor in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Contractor in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Ironclad Technology Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company throws Level 100 Christmas parties with massive buffet dinner, legit appetizers, and 100% open top shelf bar. They do Christmas right! They also are known to give out random cash bonuses, especially in December...random bonuses rock! As a worker away from the HQ on a contract they are hands off, which is mostly good with very few instances where their hands off approach is a con.

Cons

To piggy back on the above hands off approach, that can be a con, but I do know at least three people in the company I can call or email for assistance and the assistance has always been top flight. As an outlier on a contract, I'm not sure there is room for growth within the company, but this is a hallmark of most contracting companies.

Reach out to your contractors on a quarterly basis and give them some love. An email. A phone call. While we are "fighting the good fight", its nice to hear from the "company" on occasion.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Analyst in Kabul (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I have been working at Ironclad Technology Services

Pros

Much smaller than many other defense contracting companies out there. This means excellent support. For example, have a question for HR? Get an answer within a day, even when you work in another country on the other side of the world. Co-workers from larger contractor companies are jealous of the service and communication I receive. Excellent pay and compensation.

Cons

You must be independent and self-motivated to be in this line of work. There is no one to hold your hand or coddle you. Living and working in an austere environment in a combat zone as an unarmed civilian has its challenges.

I've seen too many contractors from larger competitors quit their contracts early over trivial matters that went unresolved and that led to the employees feeling unwanted and unappreciated. Keep up the small company feel, much appreciated!