Ironside Group

Add Photos

Timothy Kreytak

Surrounded by Talent

ProsTight partnership with IBM -- creates opportunities
    Great talent pool, few egos, generous knowledge sharing
    Compensation and benefits well above average

ConsTight partnership with IBM -- sometimes get steamrolled by Big Blue
    Experiencing typical pains that any growing company would
    Occasional mismatch of resources' skills with project requirements

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know your employees better -- both skillwise and personally
    Be careful that growth goals don't compromise quality -- brand damage is hard to undo

Know what you are getting into and its O.K.

Technical Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsLike the other reviews stated, there are many talented individuals as this company. There is also a tie to IBM. Everyone is friendly and there is a bit of a team atmosphere but if you do not live it the Boston area, there is quite a bit less of a team environment. Pay and benefits are competitive.

ConsExpect a 50-70 hour work week for your pay. You are expected to bill 40 hours plus a mandatory development program plus many internal meetings plus travel time. Travel time is not part of the 40 hours and mileage under 75 miles each way is not reimbursed, which seems illegal and if it isn't just the wrong message to employees. Phone bills are not reimbursed and it feels like the sales team is less under the gun than the consulting team. Rules are very rigid with regards to how projects are run. I don't think management understand growth quite yet as they seem to be growing for the sake of growing and are still very focused on nickles, dimes and how things were as to how they could be.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on clients first and consultants second. The bottom line will be there and you will have less turnover and much happier staff.

Hire and Fire Organization. They bill more number of dollars to the customer for a simple work which everyone can do.

Consultant (Current Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsYes, It is a good organization if you look at the people who has more technical background.

ConsThey are just showcasing they have 100% or 200% growth and actually they don't. They are simply playing a game in market to sell the company as much as I can believe.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best employer you could ever find

Technical Consultant (Former Employee)
    Lexington, MA

Pros- Everyone is extremely talented and motivated
    - Upper management is very open. They listen to you and truly care about you
    - Very good company culture. This is the best place to work

ConsThere is really no negative. I have to leave due to personal reasons and always dream to be coming back.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs the company grows so fast, please keep hiring the most talented and maintain the culture. I really like the upper management style.

Great Company, friendly people and positive growth environment.

ProsOne of the most pleasant environments to work in. Senior management cares about it's staff extensively and it really shows. They try to foster a sense of community and produce positive vibes.

Consultants are surrounded by like-minded individuals. Senior consultants are experts in their field and junior-level consultants are exposed to a variety of technologies, given incremental responsibilities to allow them to gain the experience needed to succeed. They put a lot of focus on making sure to provide the best product for their clients and match people-based on skill sets and experience.

Egalitarian environment and pro-social atmosphere means that anyone is approachable. Office is great to be around. When on site, people are professional, help is readily available in the form of a community of experts. Titles reflect experience. Good training. Good salary. Best benefits I've seen so far. Pleasant internal staff.

Highly recommended.

ConsThe company is managing growth relatively well, but is still trying to learn to structure things more efficiently.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall this company is great and senior management should just focus on retaining the great company culture.

Worked for Ironside Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ironside Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ironside Group CEO Timothy Kreytak. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Ironside Group employees.